Lettuce & Tomto in DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

So when I planted veggie seeds indoors, I started some lettuce and tomato in rockwool with the intent of putting it into a hydro system. I stuck it in a DWC 5 gal tote I already had. It is under a 2 tube PLL-55. I am amazed at the growth rate, especially since I have tomaztoes planted in soil right next door that have not shown anywhere as vigorous growth. I am thinking that am going to make a bigger system for winter and have fresh greens all winter. This is 4 different varieties of lettuce and 2 tomato plants. I stuck the seeds into the rockwool on the 19th of Mar, so this is 2 days over a month from germination.

View attachment 002.JPG

View attachment 004.JPG

View attachment 006.JPG

What a beautiful tote. That is so cute you could just take it to the table... Are these organic veggies? They look really so very good. Way to go...You are the woman.

Hi
Nice looking plants. I see the little tomato plants in the soil, they the same age as the DWC plants? If so, that`s quite a difference!
Makes me wanna try DWC!
I also have been thinking of trying a few edibles...like strawberries and or a tomato plant...looking forward to hear about how your tomatoes produce.
Do you think they could attract unwanted bugs toward the MJ?(detrimental bugs to MJ, that wouldn`t otherwise be there/making more of an attractant?)
Anyway, good luck and thanks for the pics.

Looking good! If I had more room I would live to grow some veggies!!

Thanks all. I figure in the winter I can find a spot to put some veggies. I am thinking that you could have a pretty nice winter garden in the space a 4' T5 takes up. I do not have room in my grow spaces for veggies, so this will be set up somewhere else--not by the marijuana.

Rosebud, yes so far, organic. I have added nothing to the water but Big Bloom as that is the only organic hydro nute I had. I don't think that lettuce needs much food. I am thinking the tomato will need more food being more a high energy plant like cannabis. I will be ordering some organic commercial nutes today--either Roots Organic or Earth Juice.

Thanks all for looking in.

that's awesome. What a great way to keep fresh veggies around all year.

I just had a relative come over with his Kubota and open up and rototill this seasons's veggie plot. Soil's so rich and spongy I'll probably just sow directly into the soil.

Great job on those HempGoddess.:aok:

Nice of your friend 7G. I love rich dark soil.... I am such a dork.

Latest posts

Back