flushing before harvest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who is irritated at this thread is welcome to not read it.

This isn't an "Argument" it's a civil, polite, (mostly), discussion about the differences of flavor and smokability of marijuana in respects to scientific testing and Anecdotal evidence.

This is a MARIJUANA group. If a discussion about it bores or bothers someone, then stop coming into this thread and reading it.

Nobody has gotten in anyone's case here or is name calling or anything wrong.

It's good to get different points of view on the table and discuss them in this manner. It separates myth from fact and the unproven from the proven.

It's also a great way to get new methods out and air them.

I certainly don't mean to stomp on anyone's feelings here. I pose the scientific data and method to the group that involves the exact topic of the site. That's what this thread is about.

Regardless of method, I wish everyone here the best of luck with all of their grows. That goes without saying.

Green Mojo, all the way around!

Stoney Bud said:
Molasses *has* been proven to help improve soil. However, it's also been proven by Botanists that cane sugar does not in any way get absorbed by any plant. I'll welcome any proof from a scientist that shows different.

This article does not address regular household cane sugar. Maximum Yield (Good Hydro mag) had it on sugars and plants. The plant is not getting filled up with mollassas. The microbes in the organic soil is breaking it down and feeding it to the plant. My point is Organic growing is vastly different than chem growing. You are dealing with just the plant to feed. Organic growing is feeding the lil microbes and things and making them happy in turn making the plant happy.
Not the case with Chemical Hydro or Chemical Soil.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20645
Almost all plants use sugars as their main source of fuel. They transport these sugars along with water and other elements throughout their systems, either for food or to create amino acids for biosynthesis to fuel cellular respiration.

Some people are just stuck in lala land and wont budge for the real facts, look at religion, J/K.. REALLY.......DONT START A RELIGION THREAD NOW!!
But the facts are here and just because someone posted it in the internet doesnt mean is true, anyone can type whatever they want, real information pages provide the reference as to the testing of their findings just for that reason or to the source which was verified by the author.
Ive spent over a year in this forums and molasses helping make the smoke smoother is a returning argument that just never wins., honestly i lost count how many times we had this same thread go on about some 1 who swears by it but yet has never tested the facts..
as to the facts well i wont be putting any molasses on my plants, im just going to have a 1 0n 1 conversation with them and let them understand they need a smooth taste by harvest!!.:**:

Good luck all and glad to be back around the waters again..:aok:

Stoney Bud said:
Molasses *has* been proven to help improve soil. However, it's also been proven by Botanists that cane sugar does not in any way get absorbed by any plant. I'll welcome any proof from a scientist that shows different.

Mutt said:
This article does not address regular household cane sugar. Maximum Yield (Good Hydro mag) had it on sugars and plants. The plant is not getting filled up with mollassas. The microbes in the organic soil is breaking it down and feeding it to the plant. My point is Organic growing is vastly different than chem growing. You are dealing with just the plant to feed. Organic growing is feeding the lil microbes and things and making them happy in turn making the plant happy.

Not the case with Chemical Hydro or Chemical Soil.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20645

Almost all plants use sugars as their main source of fuel. They transport these sugars along with water and other elements throughout their systems, either for food or to create amino acids for biosynthesis to fuel cellular respiration.

You and I are agreeing, Mutt.

As I've said above, molasses helps condition soil through microbial action. It isn't the same with all plants. Some plants don't respond to it. As far as I know, no scientific testing has been done on marijuana and molasses.

In your last quote above, you have something that is totally true. However, it's talking about the sugars that are created by the process of photosynthesis, not sugars supplied from outside the plant.

I'll repeat a well known fact from botany; Sugars introduced to a plant via the root system or foliar system will harm plants, not help them unless used in the proper, non-lethal quantities. No plant on this planet absorbs ANY sugars from any outside source. The only benefit of molasses is that it conditions the soil. Many other products do the same thing.

We can toss this back and forth as much as y'all want to, but it won't change the facts. The sugars in molasses and other products cause microbial action in the soil when used in the proper ratios and in the process of doing so, they create an environment that helps the plants absorb their natural nutrients from the soil.

If I might suggest to everyone; do some research on the net about plants and cane sugar. Molasses is made from Sorghum Cane. Any plants that are fed too much cane sugar will die from it. In excess, it causes nutrient lockout. When using it in soil, it has to be used in the proper quantities.

Don't forget to add in there stoney that it MUST be organic. Microbial Life MUST be present to breakdown the mollassas. I guess what I'm saying in organics you feed the lil buggies and they feed the plant. so soil conditioning is critical. No chems and nothing that will harm the lil buggies in the soil.

All cool stoney. :D
Good debate....
The chem dudes will Always butt heads with the non-chem dudes. LOL
but good to pick at each others brains. ;)

Mutt said:
The chem dudes will Always butt heads with the non-chem dudes.

Who you callin a butt head?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

I crack me up!

maybe the 'chem' users that don't know what they are saying....
but last time i checked... all the gold/black products were still basically organic...

humic/fulvic acid is all the same

Why is flushing a myth?
Isn't the purpose of flushing to alter the taste? I can't speak of flushing getting rid of magic chemicals in the bud, but it has to alter the taste.

Certainly there are many ways to alter the taste at various stages of growth and after the harvest. I assume that if you smoke a freshly picked leaf versus one that has had time to cure (The process of breaking down the chlorogreenstuff, proteins, sugar or whatever is in there) your palette would sense a difference. The only thing I can see a double blind test will prove is that there would be a difference. How does a double blind test show what process the bud grown or method of cure. Which manufacturers process is better to drink coke or pepsi?

So how does flushing affect taste?

This is what I think. Those things that happen when a leaf is deprived of life whether alive or dead are still happening. Those big leaves are yellowing the small one are too, but you can't see it yet. When you smoke a leaf that is green it will be harsh. If you let it yellow whether during the cure or "alive" on the plant you are mellowing the smoke.
How much chlorogreenstuff is in a yellowing leaf compared to a healthy leaf.
I have read in so many places that chlorgreenstuff is what make the smoke harsh. Less chlorogreenstuff less harsh? How much less is debatable.

So I put flushing down as a ghetto cure method for people that want less bud from their plant and may want to smoke it quickly. No offensive meant it is just the path taken. The last weeks of your bounty being deprive:hitchair: :confused:
There are other methods of growing, in my opinion, that make my garden more efficient and taste better. I am also getting stoned if that matters.
Good luck to those flushing.

screwdriver said:
Why is flushing a myth?
So how does flushing affect taste?

Both sides of the issue were copiously discussed during this thread. If you read the entire thread, you'll understand all the issues that were discussed.

screwdriver said:
. No offensive meant it is just the path taken. The last weeks of your bounty being deprive:hitchair: :confused:

Good luck to those flushing.
stop arguing bro, people have their ways and you have your way. let it be, maby you should have posted when this topic was rolling. You dont have to understand or agree why people flush just let us be.

I have reread the thread and I understand completely. Thank you.

I apologize if my comment sounded like I was arguing.
I am truly sorry I didn't post when this thread was rolling.

I will never speak of this again. Sorry

screwdriver said:
I will never speak of this again. Sorry

I hope you do.... it's all good input my friend :hubba:

thanks for your post:D

:48:

Latest posts

Back