trim style?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you trim?

• screens

• hanging

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xeblaro

excellent
Reaction score
I know there are a few differnt methods of trimming, I prefer to manicure as I go, and dry the buds on screens. I've read a lot about people hang the plants, then manicuring after the fan leaves dry, etc.

How do you trim? and why do you do it that way?

I always trim the leaves back the last cpl weeks then let her dry hangin up. I will manicure her up after she drys out

I cut off manageable sized branches. I pull off the fan leaves and larger sugar leaves and discard. I trim off absolutely as much leaf material as I can (I think leaf smokes nasty). This is saved for bubble hash. I hang the plant until dry and then jar.

I tried the hanging method one time, it felt like I did all the work twice. After trimming them lovely buds, I hung them up (which was sorta a pain in itself) only to break them apart and manicure more a week later.

What's the reason you prefer hanging over screen?

When you lay the buds down on the screen. The bud will leave some trichs on the screen. Plus on a screen you need to flip them over to dry evenly which entails more touching of the buds.

I trim every tiniest leaf I can see when I chop the plant the hang and jar.

I trim as much as I can get and use this for bubble hash. I then hang upside down for a few days then jar them, then just burbs the jars every couple of days till they feel nice and dry

Xeblaro said:
I tried the hanging method one time, it felt like I did all the work twice. After trimming them lovely buds, I hung them up (which was sorta a pain in itself) only to break them apart and manicure more a week later.

What's the reason you prefer hanging over screen?

What exactly did you do? Hanging them is really quite easy--not sure how it could be a pain? The only work to do after they are dry is clip the buds from the branch--a fast quick job--not anything I would call a manicure. I also believe that you leave a lot of trichs on the screen.

I trim and manicure first and even remove most of the stems from the bud then lay it on screen. I haven't found a big loss of trichs but I can tell that some do get left behind. I suspect no more is lost than when the final de-stemming is done when they are hung to dry. I only have to turn them a couple times but handling them is going to remove trichs regardless of how you do it. IMO :)

at harvest..I like to do most my trimming while the plant is still upright...after that I chop and hang the plant..till the stem snaps...then I trim the buds off into a brown bag and turn one or two times a day untill they feel a bit dry..then into jars and burped a few times a day for a couple weeks then back off the burping...then I grab me bong and :bong:

take care and be safe

THG, I just found stringing up the room was a pain (maybe it's the room) and removing the buds from the stem seemed to require a lot of touch-up manicuring. I'll have to try hanging again sometime. I can't say I've ever noticed losing trichs with the screen method, not a whole lot anyway, but handling I can understand.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I cut off manageable sized branches. I pull off the fan leaves and larger sugar leaves and discard. I trim off absolutely as much leaf material as I can (I think leaf smokes nasty). This is saved for bubble hash. I hang the plant until dry and then jar.

:yeahthat: :cool2:
hate having to manicure dry pot.. i trim off everything i don't want to smoke the first day.
though after about 3 days i cut them off the branches and put em on the screen to finish (not a fan of screening right away though.. then you get flat buds, and as they dry they stick to it ;) )

i use a homemade screen thingy i built. its raised up so air flows all around the buds, i still flip some of the bigger ones. i also have a mirror that fits perfectly under the screen to collect any trichs that may fall through the screen. and its not very much. its mostly hairs that fall off.

if there are no 30something year old chicks dancing around a bon fire on a harvest moon---my second choice to harvest/dry/cure is---trim all fan/sugar/shade leaves---cut and hang branches on a line for drying---rally the trimmers/co-op members for the final manicure, music, food, drink, and testing---toss the flowers in a bucket for curing and the trim in another bucket for different day---what do you all think about mylar bags and oxygen absorbers for storage

I need that trim...

'Cause when all's said and done, this is what I find in the 'trash' ;)

2011_0726Jul2320110021.JPG

2011_0731Jul3020110013.JPG

nvthis said:
I need that trim...

'Cause when all's said and done, this is what I find in the 'trash' ;)

that would be a diamond in the rough---nicely done nv---:D

Latest posts

Back