pot size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

high_man

Reaction score
hey guys i have a quick question i need to know if a 50ltr(13-14gallon) pot will be big enough for a plant that wil be around 1 square metre in size, recently i got my hands on some medicine man from mr nice :D and i was reading the packet and it says to expect 500-600g harvest from 1 square metre of plant, so im gonna try and get a harvest of that size so i need to know if the 50ltr pot will be big enough, btw the plants are clone and i need to know how big will the clone have to be to get the final product of that size cheers for any help

correct me if i'm wrong people but i think the medicine man lable means 1 square meter of growing area that your plants take up, iv'e never seen anyone grow in a 14 galon pot thats massive :eek: , however iv'e seen outdoor plants grow huge so it might actually work. check ya later :)

with artificial lighting... it'll be a lil hard to get that kinda yield off of one plant... i know a guy that gets 2 pounds off of one plant indoor... but he vegges FOREVER...

damm kade how lond dose he veg?? that thing the biggest iv ever saw was 1.4 pound in hydro but plant was hudge and all i think i got pics somewear i will try ti find them

so that would be 1 square metre of pot size?? or above the soil? anyone here done this before i need more info guys can any one help me answer this q please

No, it´s not the pot size or the size of the plant that the one square meter is refering to, it is the amount of grow space that you have. So if you have a room that is one meter deep by one meter wide and you have one plant (and a sufficient amount of light, soil, fertilizer, etc.) you can grow about 500-600 g if everything goes correctly. This does not refer to the height of the plant. It is a squared meter not a cubed meter, so in order to get this type of yield you may need a 4-5 foot plant. Basically, I would allow your plants to grow as tall as possible in the veg stage (keeping in mind that the plant will double to triple in size during flowering) So let´s say you have about 6 feet of space to grow up. That would be about 3.5 feet of effective growing space maybe 4 if you have a cool tube. Therefore you let your plants get about 18 inches during the veg stage and then put them into flowering. This is how you maximize your yield.

ok i see, wow thats a big plant do u think that 50ltr (13-14 gallon)pot will be big enough for this i wanna try this i have a big grow space my room is about 3mtrs long and about 1.5mtrs wide what do u guys think i wanna try 1 big one and 1 half the size

Well, IMO you can use whatever size pot you want, the problem is that the plant may take longer to grow and may be very dangerous for the roots. If you have a 13 gallon pot and you give your plant water, you may never have to water again! Just kidding.....but you will have to wait a long time and becareful not to create root rot. My method is to start in a very small pot, then when I see that the roots are filling the pot, I transplant to a bigger one. I start with a pot that is about 1/4 liter, then move to a 4 liter, then to a 12 liter. This lets the roots become nice and tight without putting stress, therefore they absorb the water and nutes nicely and the roots are sitting in wet dirt for 8 days.....this can cause root rot.

Also, the yield of your plant is going to depend alot on your lighting, not on the pot you put them in. The yield is going to depend on the height of your room. The average ceiling is about 8-9 feet. Which means you have about 6-7 feet of growing space. You will probably need at least a 600HPS I would go with a 1000HPS and then you can get that 500-600 grams you are talking about.

Sorry....the roots will not be sitting in wet dirt for 8 days. you do not want your roots to be soaking in dirt for an extended period of time!

lol i was just gonna say "roots sitting in wet dirt for 8 days" doesnt sound right lol, yeah i might think alot more and do some more research before i attempt it i got a 600hps that i use now for my smaller plants but wanted to try what the pack says to see if i get more that way

high_man said:
hey guys i have a quick question i need to know if a 50ltr(13-14gallon) pot will be big enough for a plant that wil be around 1 square metre in size, recently i got my hands on some medicine man from mr nice :D and i was reading the packet and it says to expect 500-600g harvest from 1 square metre of plant, so im gonna try and get a harvest of that size so i need to know if the 50ltr pot will be big enough, btw the plants are clone and i need to know how big will the clone have to be to get the final product of that size cheers for any help

I am growing in 15 gal pots now. Click the link to see my grow. Good luck..

Stunzeed..

stunzeed, those plants are phenominal and buetifull, well done i'm very jelous. i only wish i had the space and light for a grow like that.

Latest posts

Back