container size & when to flower???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

greenerworld

what is determined to start the flowering stage?? I have 10 plants in different size containers, how will I know when they have reached there full grow potential for each of the size containers I have, or does that matter??? I have grown a plant in a margarine tub once before and it seemed to stop growing after it reached a certain size. I noticed it was root bound would that make it stop growing?? And if so is that the time to start flowering?? Please help Thanx

Greenerworld -- check this link for really good growing information:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5837

It explains pretty much everything you are asking. Plus, it has pictures which really help. I mean, I could say, "Your plants are ready to go 12/12 when they show preflowers or when they have alternating nodes," but it is a lot better when you can see the pictures of those things so you know what to look for.

greenerworld said:
what is determined to start the flowering stage?? I have 10 plants in different size containers, how will I know when they have reached there full grow potential for each of the size containers I have, or does that matter??? I have grown a plant in a margarine tub once before and it seemed to stop growing after it reached a certain size. I noticed it was root bound would that make it stop growing?? And if so is that the time to start flowering?? Please help Thanx

well seeings how ur in the indoor section ur indoor, well you determine when they go into flower, its pretty simple, get a indoor light timer, one that will be able to work with h.i.d lighting, i.e volts/amps or if ur runin fluoro's any will do, anyway, the way the world is it goes by seasons, so the lighting schedules will be 18/6--veg 24/0--veg-best method for growth. 18/6 people mainly use this to revert plants that have already been flowered/harvested previously. you can use this as a veg cycle too you'll get better results with 24/0 though and 12/12 which is your flowering light cycle and can take up too 4 weeks to show sex... when a plant gets root bound, its growth rate is cut down to about zero or minimal to keep the plant alive., having a "heavy" or very well developed root system will A. increase yield B. overall size of the plant. C. health of the plant, also having a well developed root ball will increase plants vitality and defense to ward of disease and mold. now for the pot sizes, i only transplant 2 times tops. from the seedling flat too a 1 gallon, then to a 5gallon where it will remain. i would go with nothing under 5 gallons as a general rule of thumb. now remember the bigger a plant is in overall size, the better it will do once it starts forming its flowers.

Latest posts

Back