ripped roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoke

Grow&Smoke
Reaction score
ok i was going to transplant this plant to a new pot and so i dug a little soil around the stem then as i pulled it up i ripped like a lot of the roots out now i am really upset....:cry: what will happen to my plant will it die or will it grow ok???:(:confused:

Dont cry man, as long as you did'nt rip the main water root, you will be A-OK:aok: . You will notice drooping almost immediatly, if you did'nt see that happen, then your plants are just gonna be shocked for awhile. The reason I say this is because, once we had the cops come to our grow area, and we were forced to start launching some plants over the fence and hide some little ones. well we threw 2 big females (3 days into flowering) and after the cops called it clear, we went back and threw them back and planted them again. 6 weeks later.........:48:

I have transplanted dozens of plants to other pots. Believe it or not, I get paid sometimes to transplant some of our grower's plants because I am pretty damn good at it. I once was called to check out some plants that were in need of transplant. Went out and checked it out only to find 5 plants crammed all in one 5 gal bucket...:eek: ! I successfully transplanted all 5 and all of them lived. two of them were males. I remember ripping some roots but never the main one.

ok well there hasent been any change to the plant like wilting or anything else so i guess it must be fine lol wish you were here to do it lol maybe show me how damn i was so freaked out anyways thanks for the good news. is there anyway to tell which root is the main water root i never knew there were differnt kinds of roots too... the more i learn, the more i learn thats it gets even more complex

smoke...rather than .."i dug a little soil around the stem then as i pulled it up "....
try rolling the pot back and forth in your hands, to loosen the soil sticking to the pot. Place your hand flat across the top of the pot, with the plant stalk between your middle fingers. Now turn the put upside down and gently shake it. The plant in it's entirety, should fall right out in your hand with "0" damage.

i think it will just put it back one or two weeks thats all
with a bit of shock should be ok

smoke2 said:
there anyway to tell which root is the main water root

It is the longest and thickest one in the center. Hick's method is just how I do transplants, except that I water the inside walls of the pot all the way around, and if you are transplanting a few from one pot, the key is to soak the entire soil in the pot and pick the plant closest to the outer rim of the pot. having done so, do same method that Hick explained earlier and little by little take chunks or nibs of soil out of the pot. It can be tricky when trying to pull out a couple of plants so close together.

Latest posts

Back