Trichome?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hubba: here are acouple of them charts you were talking about.Hope they help.Keep it GREEN

Mutt--- Do you know where to get one of those jewlers loops? online maybe?

I use a rangefinder out of telescope this means I can look at trichs on the plant

vitocorleone said:
Mutt--- Do you know where to get one of those jewlers loops? online maybe?
i got mine off of e-bay.It only cost $15.Hope that helps?

Stoney Bud said:
It can be anywhere from 30x to 500x.

For looking at trichs, you need at least 30x. 100x is much better.

The radioshack one is 60x to 100x.

10 Dollars.

can you list a model # or something? I went to radio shack and they didnt seem to know what I was looking for.......:confused:

Hmm, i heard that same one was at radio shack from stoney. Maybe they were out. Just ask them up at the counter for a "hand held 60x-100x power microscope" and if they don't ask what kind of microscopes they have etc.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Illuminated Microscope
pixel.gif

$9.99
pixel.gif
Model: MM-100
Catalog #: 63-1313

60-100 Power Microscope.JPG

MicroscopeDescription.JPG

You guys save a link to this thread where you can get to it. Lot's of people always ask about this one.

a follow up question about trichs and looking at them with a radio shack micro. i ahve one of the said micros and i can see everything that my plants have to offer but it seems that hen im looking in at the trichs it ( the micro and i ) are destroying the trichs on the leaves/flowers/buds is this so and if it is then should i expect a lower quality plant than if i was to just leave them alone??

and another thing is that i read on another site that another way to tell if your plant is harvest ready is to look at the hair on your girls and if about 80-90% are turning brown its harvest time is this also true if so wouldnt it be a much easier way to know when your time is up

a follow up question about trichs and looking at them with a radio shack micro. i ahve one of the said micros and i can see everything that my plants have to offer but it seems that hen im looking in at the trichs it ( the micro and i ) are destroying the trichs on the leaves/flowers/buds is this so and if it is then should i expect a lower quality plant than if i was to just leave them alone??

When you look at the trichs, you're looking at an area of about a tenth of an inch. I simply use sharp manicure scissors to remove a TINY piece of leaf and look at it on a white counter surface. This is such a small piece of leaf that it causes no real harm to the plant. I take a piece like this from top, middle and bottom of the plant, once each week starting the 6th week of flowering.

and another thing is that i read on another site that another way to tell if your plant is harvest ready is to look at the hair on your girls and if about 80-90% are turning brown its harvest time is this also true if so wouldnt it be a much easier way to know when your time is up

This is a total fiction. A myth. Untrue. Not even close.

Whoever said that, doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. There are many reasons that the pistils can turn brown. To do so as a sign of when to harvest isn't one of them.

Well, as expected, Stoney has it down to a science. I'm a little more cavalier with my microscope techniques. Once you find out where the viewing spot is in reference to the opening on the bottom where the light illuminates you get better. I take off entire leaves (not too many) and just make sure that I'm not squashing anything I want to look at. A good way to get used to where your viewing area is is to try and spot it over the edge of the leaf; once you get comfortable you'll be a lot faster. I'm sure that cutting the leaves off rather than pulling will preserve many more of the trichromes.

My friends tried the hair color technique, basically threw away an entire grow.

at the time that i had read it i wasnt talking to you fine knowledgeable folks and had to really go it alone thanks for clearing that up im getting a camera tomorrow i have a few things on my indy that i want folks to see and have a question about but thats another time thanks again this site tops

the only way to know "for sure" that your crop is ready to harvest, is by monitoring the trichomes-never fails. but make sure you check the entire plant as some buds will be ready whilst others are not.
good luck dude.

I had read somewhere that Radio Shack was discontinuing the Mini Microscopes, so I ran out and picked up an extra one today. So...the item number is 63-1313...it ran me $10.99...hope this helps someone out...

Peace...j.b.

Hey Guys... Iam wondering about harvesting with very few pistils having turned color although if the trichomes are becoming cloudy the pistils color shouldnt matter right?:watchplant:

Dubbaman said:

I used to be all careful and gentle on my plants, even sniipping
bud leaves to check the Tricomes.. It was a Pain in the RUMP.

Now I grab my cola, Hold the Topcola and MIcroscope together with one
hand. Hold the microscope to my eye and focus with tthe other.
Stop being so gentle with the GIRLS.. they need some roughness..

dont worry about damaging the trichs checking them.. They grow back.

enjoy

I recently spoke to a _really_ big, and I mean _Really_ BIG NAME in the Cannabis Biz at a convention.. He said more often than not the difference between good cannabis and bad cannabis is in the handling of it...from the earliest stages where you see the first pistils to taking nugs out of the curing jar for smoking and all the stages inbetween including checking the trichomes you need to treat your girls with kid gloves......those trichmes are oil based (i think) and _VERY_ delicate, just walking by your Jack Herer and brushing it with your shoulder can knock off lots of trichomes.........

You know when you touch your plants and then smell your fingers and they smell really good? Well, that's because a bunch of good stuff just came off your plant--it's on your fingers now...

Trichomes are delicate !!!

To be in a perfect world of growing we wouldnt touch our girls, but as we do not, we neet to touch, look, move and manipulate, a perfect plant grow with perfect high trich does not happen, we live in the real world, a place we grow and are happy with our product.

Latest posts

Back