Stunzeed has crossed over to Hydro Farming. Questions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stunzeed

"*Bomb-Diggity*"
Reaction score
:holysheep: There are new pics at the bottom of this page:holysheep:

This is my first hydro grow. I have a General Hydroponics water farm. My question is how often "should" I change my water and how often do I "have" to change it. Thanks guys and gals (smoking mom :]).

Stunzeed..

Your best bet is to read through

Stoneybuds DIY ebb and flow grow system.

If I remember correctly, I read all of his post.
I think you NEVER change the water. IF your set up is done right.
As the water evaporates, you just add more water. NO nutes.

Goodluck.

I love my waterfarms! I change out the nutes about every 2 weeks, but my mom plant in a single unit I have never changed out.

The mom plant just gets straight water untill it looks like it need some N, then I give it very little nutes.
I want to slow its growth as much as possible.

Now my main 8 bucket system I flower in and want them to grow as much as possible so I use full strength nutes, I look for my ppm to rise and the PH is falling and I know its time to flush out the system and change the nutes.

MrPuffAlot said:
Your best bet is to read through

Stoneybuds DIY ebb and flow grow system.

If I remember correctly, I read all of his post.
I think you NEVER change the water. IF your set up is done right.
As the water evaporates, you just add more water. NO nutes.

Goodluck.

What about when I switch over from Veg to Bloom and need different nutes???

Stunzeed..

Growdude said:
I love my waterfarms! I change out the nutes about every 2 weeks, but my mom plant in a single unit I have never changed out.

The mom plant just gets straight water untill it looks like it need some N, then I give it very little nutes.
I want to slow its growth as much as possible.

Now my main 8 bucket system I flower in and want them to grow as much as possible so I use full strength nutes, I look for my ppm to rise and the PH is falling and I know its time to flush out the system and change the nutes.

Thanks Grow Dude. Now do you change every two weeks from preference or from neccesity? I want to know what I have to do and what people "like" to do so I can see what needs to be done and then find out what I like to do. Thanks again.

Stunzeed..

stunzeed said:
I want to know what I have to do and what people "like" to do so I can see what needs to be done and then find out what I like to do.

heh..i like how you see things lol

I prefer to change every week... because my schedule tells me to... and because I dont wanna go through the hassle of figuring out all the nutes to add to it n whatnot... I HAVE left a res for over a month.... but honestly... the plants changed weekly were in a lot happier shape.

In your Hydrofarm, you should never have to change your solution.

The solution is good for 30 days. Within that 30 days, by simply refilling your reservoir with replacement nutrients, you should have already cycled the entire amount anyway.

If the amount you've added in 30 days is the same or more than the amount your reservoir holds, then changing the solution is pointless.

When moving from vegging to flowering mix, the plants are at full growth. They will be using the maximum amount of nutrient solution each day. I simply start adding the flowering mix to the reservoir and continue until the plants are ready to harvest.

Good luck man.

Stoney Bud said:
In your Hydrofarm, you should never have to change your solution.

The solution is good for 30 days. Within that 30 days, by simply refilling your reservoir with replacement nutrients, you should have already cycled the entire amount anyway.

If the amount you've added in 30 days is the same or more than the amount your reservoir holds, then changing the solution is pointless.

When moving from vegging to flowering mix, the plants are at full growth. They will be using the maximum amount of nutrient solution each day. I simply start adding the flowering mix to the reservoir and continue until the plants are ready to harvest.

First let me start off by thanking both Kade and Stoney Bud for the advice. Now my question is for Stoney. So based on the Hydrofarms design with the Resivoir and Controller with only 6 buckets going would you wait until the resivoir ran out once then fill it again with "N" fertilizer?
Also are you telling me you can start adding the bloom (when its time) directly into the remaining "N" solution? If that is the case and remember I am a novice hydro grower but what about salts or nutrient lockout?

Plus I am on a 2 month veg cycle so would you just wait for the resivoir emptys and fill it again with fresh "N" ferts? Thanks for your help guys. Its nice to be able to get the help of some "men in the field".

Stunzeed..

stunzeed said:
First let me start off by thanking both Kade and Stoney Bud for the advice. Now my question is for Stoney. So based on the Hydrofarms design with the Resivoir and Controller with only 6 buckets going would you wait until the resivoir ran out once then fill it again with "N" fertilizer?
Also are you telling me you can start adding the bloom (when its time) directly into the remaining "N" solution? If that is the case and remember I am a novice hydro grower but what about salts or nutrient lockout?

Plus I am on a 2 month veg cycle so would you just wait for the resivoir emptys and fill it again with fresh "N" ferts? Thanks for your help guys. Its nice to be able to get the help of some "men in the field".

Stunzeed..

"Salts and nutrient lockout" aren't a problem when altering your nutes from a vegging mix to a flowering mix. You can either replace the entire volume of your reservoir or do like me and just start adding flowering mix to it as needed. You should be adding fresh nutrients to the reservoir on a daily basis. This will help keep your solution at the levels it should be.

You should be adding fresh nutrients to the reservoir on a daily basis. This will help keep your solution at the levels it should be.

That is good info. Thanks again.

Stunzeed..

Growdude said:
I look for my ppm to rise and the PH is falling and I know its time to flush out the system and change the nutes.

hey Growdude,

this is a good way to tell indeed if one has over done it and the plant is now puke'n, one can also just remove part of the solution and add h20 back and not have to dump and flush... how i do it in DWC

also like stoney i just start add'n flower nutes when they go to flower

All of my plants in the GHWF look great. I will post pics later. I have just been so busy with my dirt grow that I havent had the time.

Stunzeed..

Here are the six hydro plants and a bunch of clones.

Stunzeed..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

LOL

That carpet is going to get so thrashed :D

I change every 2 weeks.

good work for a first on the hydro. its a good thing to do ur homework and ask these boys too, they konw whats going on. Keep up the good work

Fire it up

KT

PS: u got enough clones?

I just revisited this thread as someone asked me to post my water farm pics. I just took down the first plant and had not thought about them being this little since I took the pics. They are now way over 6 feet tall. LOL!!!!!!

Stunzeed..

This is my first attempt at hydro. I took down the smallest plant tonight. Let me know what you think. Im hoping the pic with the lighter could win me pic of the month. Does anyone think I have action. That plant is done in 3-7 days.

Thanks,

Stunzeed..

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

10.jpg