Grow Journal: AK-47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job. I liked the rock eggs made your pics look cool. Im using ghetto quarters lol. Keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

They have just been fed.

- Increased nutes from 1.0 to 1.2 EC.

- Added liquid silicon (1ml/L)...around 60ml... roughly 16 gal of solution.

The tallest plants are nearly 6" tall and 9"+ at their widest points.

Plants are looking great storzbickel. Are you still just dunking the rockwool cubes in the nutrient solution? If so, how many times a day? Do you have any roots coming out of the rockwool yet? EC of 1.2, that's about 770 ppm right? Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your grow. I'll definitely be watching and rooting.

Prodigious Puff said:
Plants are looking great storzbickel. Are you still just dunking the rockwool cubes in the nutrient solution? If so, how many times a day? Do you have any roots coming out of the rockwool yet? EC of 1.2, that's about 770 ppm right? Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your grow. I'll definitely be watching and rooting.

Thanks man.

- yeah just dunking...drip system will come into place for flowering.

- Cant say how often i dunk, just when the cubes are getting dry. sometimes 2 days pass, other times every day.

- Yeah there have been roots out the bottom for a week or so, still alive and healthy tho.

- 1.2 i cant say off hand what that converts to ,but i think its in the 600-700 range

***EDIT 1/23/08*** , just FYI, i checked when i fed today, 600ppm is approx. 1.2 EC.- the meter has markings for both.

Just some post-feeding pics from today, 4 weeks old.

Tallest ones are topping out at 8" , and over 10" wide!

Getting even skunkier!:holysheep:

i tried to get a side shot just to show branch growth, not the best photographer tho.

I have moved them all into 2 drip trays. No slabs yet, just cubes.

these will be their homes from now on.

They are coming right along and looking great. Here's some GREEN MOJO for them young ladies. ;)

So today we go back to a question asked by Runbyhemp early on in my journal... he said that i would need more rockwool than a 4" cube for veg, and he was correct. I said to hang in there and find out, and today we do:

The plants have all been stacked on top of another cube, which has been presoaked in 5.8 water. The solution to not having enough room- add more rockwool :hubba:

They will hang out like this for a while and eventually a drip system will be implemented. But for the time being, still feeding by hand.

The last pic i have included is of the 3 branch freak. At about the 2nd node, the plant was growing 2 main branches per node, but one branch eventually had 2 others growing from the internode (instead of the normal 1)

The following node that grew had 3 main branches, it was no longer 2 with an extra one, just 3 full side branches. if you look very closely at the picture you can see what i mean. Ill probably get some better shots when i do my next feeding.

That is an intelligent design. Great choice. Your work will certainly pay off.

Thanks for the comments, all.

I cannot take any credit for the design. A wise friend has taught me this

plants are looking as great as ever keep up the good work, its you thats doing the growing, no one else.

Everything is looking great mang. Once flower time comes your gonna have one hell of a nice jungle. :aok:

excellent storz! i'll be doing the exact same thing before long :hubba:

Today i upped their nutrients from 1.2 to 1.4 EC.

Besides that, just watchin the grass grow. They are at their 7th node, about 11" tall.

What up bro,

Looking good. AK-47 sativa dom? Looks like your leaves are more sativa like mine.
Plants are looking great, when you gonna flower? The plants that I'm flowering now are growing a lot under the bloom light. Ill have to start them a little earlier next time, now that I know Im dealing with a sativa plant. Keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

SALTROCK said:
What up bro,

Looking good. AK-47 sativa dom? Looks like your leaves are more sativa like mine.
Plants are looking great, when you gonna flower? The plants that I'm flowering now are growing a lot under the bloom light. Ill have to start them a little earlier next time, now that I know Im dealing with a sativa plant. Keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

Thanks man
Yeah ak47 is "mostly sativa". Ive got some room where i have them so the space isnt really an issue.

I will probably be flowering this weekend, saturday maybe, i figure ill let them get a couple extra days of veg, get stronger and bigger.

I need to do it soon, they need more space, so ill have to pull out the males. I was initially supposed to have 3 trays for this grow but my hydro shop guy is a loser and im still waiting on another tray.

The plants are 5 weeks old today. This was the first day of 12/12.

Lights went off at 8am today and back on at 8pm. Having the lights on while i sleep keeps a stable temp when the natural temps get pretty chilly.

Still under the 1k MH , still getting 1.4 Grow nutes.

I fed them right after the lights came on and took the pic a couple hours later after they woke up a bit.

Just a couple pics for the sake of posting:

Latest posts

Back