new start, bubble bucket/first grow,PICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcduck said:
Plants grow best when the rez temp is 68F, if you were to put cold water in the rez you would have the same result(shock)

You mean for DWC right?

Cuz my plants are growing like they are on crack and my res is pretty warm!

pcduck said:
Hey JB I guess it is just how hard you make the system. I am like you, not much to do in the grow room but watch them grow. Nute, ph, and change out the buckets once a week. During the final few weeks add ph adjusted water about every other day. The thing about the buckets is that you can have individual feeding programs,for each strain, which is why I guess that I like it over a e-f, but that is just me:D

yeah, in fact, i recently gave up multi strain grows in soil because i was mixing nutes for them all at once and some of them had issues. In hydro, dwc would def be the best scenario for a multi strain grow, or for keeping different mother plants.

I am growing sog with 20 clones, im shooting for 2 lbs.

and maybe you could pm me specifics about your system, id enjoy hearing about it.

thanks

so freezing a zip lock bag full of water would be ok to drop my res temp? it wpuldnt shock the plant?

... maybe keep some water in the fridge..?
cool but not shockingly frozen.....

ishnish said:
... maybe keep some water in the fridge..?
cool but not shockingly frozen.....
i dont have a thermometer for my res yet, but i stuck my finger in the solution and its def more than 68 or less. its about 81 in the cabinet itself, soooo, i figure its about 75 ish in the res. i will check temp tonight and get back, until them i am freezing small zip lock bags of water for now.

ok, temp is 74, guess i will place ice bag in res, drain some water from the take up of the volume since i havnt recieced replies yet.

"hXXp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DuqLn8xN0"

is what ya meant to say right? ;)

good show though, always nice to see how others do their thing

ph was checked, it was at 6.6, i changed to 5.5, the tds was 340, i braught it up with some superthrive to 720.........9 days old...2 days from last pics, i notice growth, damn thing is so green.....

bucket 039.jpg

bucket 040.jpg

bucket 041.jpg

I would be careful with adding to much to fast. That is a pretty high tds for such small plants. I have found that I do not need to super-charge my nutes, the dwc system does it for me.

JBonez said:
You mean for DWC right?

Cuz my plants are growing like they are on crack and my res is pretty warm!

Yes DWC, but I would imagine that it would be the same for e-f, but not sure.

pcduck said:
I would be careful with adding to much to fast. That is a pretty high tds for such small plants. I have found that I do not need to super-charge my nutes, the dwc system does it for me.
i dropped it a few hundred....i thought 7 would be too much, so now i am at 520 with 5.6 ph. 8-9 days old, i think "she" looks ok.

loolagigi, ive been using frozen h2o bottles to cool my res and no shock. it is better to use ice to keep the res cool rather than deal with the problem caused by too hot of a nute solution. you may need to change the bottles out a couple of times a day.

Super Silver Haze said:
loolagigi, ive been using frozen h2o bottles to cool my res and no shock. it is better to use ice to keep the res cool rather than deal with the problem caused by too hot of a nute solution. you may need to change the bottles out a couple of times a day.
thanks super......i am waiting for a way to check my temps. just relized human thermometers dont work, lol. i guess if you have a temp at 78 your dead. so my g/f is going tonight to get it. i have bags frozen allready, so time will tell. what do you think of my "lady"?

loolagigi said:
thanks super......i am waiting for a way to check my temps. just relized human thermometers dont work, lol. i guess if you have a temp at 78 your dead. so my g/f is going tonight to get it. i have bags frozen allready, so time will tell. what do you think of my "lady"?

Maybe ph adjust the water you are going to put into your bags first so if any leaks out while its melting, that way you won't mess up your ppms.

finally got my temp guage, 83.8 with light running. so, i chucked in a phed, tds'd, water bag....i will check temp in half hour....and so on......

loolagigi said:
finally got my temp guage, 83.8 with light running. so, i chucked in a phed, tds'd, water bag....i will check temp in half hour....and so on......

whats the floor/ground like that your res sits on? Wood? metal? concrete? I think I maintain temps so well because mine are sitting on a concrete floor in a basement. So I am thinking you may be able to lower them a bit by adjusting your flooring, using materials that do not absorb heat well.

loolagigi said:

Might need to get a fan blowing right on your rez, like an 1" or 2" away, that will also help with temps if the bags don't drop the temp down enough.

Shockeclipse said:
whats the floor/ground like that your res sits on? Wood? metal? concrete? I think I maintain temps so well because mine are sitting on a concrete floor in a basement. So I am thinking you may be able to lower them a bit by adjusting your flooring, using materials that do not absorb heat well.
its on wood, in a cabinet......temps get down to 66, and then hang at like 70 plus.....i have a fan in there, but theres not much room in there for anything else.

Latest posts

Back