pH issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
duck you are 100 percent correct mag cal should not be needed until flower where the plant starts to use it.it does look like in some pics there is nute burn. he clearly has a def but its not mag cal.ph is very important and plays a huge part in the uptake of nutes.well we shall see ina week if the problem gets worse by then

did you ever get a filter for your water or u still using tap. also i never had any def with gh products used in the formula i posted back couple pages

pcduck said:
They may be how you use it but I believe in not using more additives than what the plant requires when it requires it. I have never had a mg deficiencies in veg only in flower. So why would I want to use something that is not needed till it is needed? I have seen a lot more nute burn from new growers trying to grow their plants to fast than I have seen deficiencies. Most deficiencies I have seen could have been corrected by having the correct ph and not by adding a bunch of additives. IME/O

Cal mag plus is not an additive.

dr pyro said:
duck you are 100 percent correct mag cal should not be needed until flower where the plant starts to use it.it does look like in some pics there is nute burn. he clearly has a def but its not mag cal.ph is very important and plays a huge part in the uptake of nutes.well we shall see ina week if the problem gets worse by then

You could learn a little bit from this mans grow, please dont take this the wrong way.
Stick around and you may learn a thing or two.

please dont take this the wrong way. but so far you have misdiagnosed a few times on his problems so what im i supposed to be learning.am i supposed to be learning that once you buy an add every additive and spend 100 bucks doing it you will adventully find the problem. by the time you add everthing and figure it out your plant is probally gonna b dead. i will say it again mag cal is not needed. i truly beleive his problem begins with the hard water.

ill check back in a week or 2 to see if the cal mag did the trick

take it easy fellas. i have not been using my tap water. on 10/29 dr. pyro said my water ppms were too high and i bought some distilled water and have been using that since it was mentioned. the ppm of the distilled water before nutes is zero. i'm sorry, i thought i had mentioned that in a previous post, but read through them and i did not.

so, i think that both the increase of my nutes and changing water to distilled has helped my plants. i have also trimmed all the dead looking leaves and topped the plants.

they have new growth and are getting bigger. soon, i would like to switch the plants to 12/12 because i'm not sure how much bigger they will get in bloom.

so, i believe that both dr. pyro and pepper have been correct. i'm still experiencing burnt tips, but nothing like the ones that i had before...look at the pictures from the beginning of this thread. when i get home i will take pictures of the entire 3x3 space to show the contrast.

i appreciate everybody's help. just want to clear up the small burnt tips i've got on a few leaves from the crop. i have ordered some cal-mag. it wont be in until next week.

surreptitious said:
take it easy fellas. i have not been using my tap water. on 10/29 dr. pyro said my water ppms were too high and i bought some distilled water and have been using that since it was mentioned. the ppm of the distilled water before nutes is zero. i'm sorry, i thought i had mentioned that in a previous post, but read through them and i did not.

so, i think that both the increase of my nutes and changing water to distilled has helped my plants. i have also trimmed all the dead looking leaves and topped the plants.

they have new growth and are getting bigger. soon, i would like to switch the plants to 12/12 because i'm not sure how much bigger they will get in bloom.

so, i believe that both dr. pyro and pepper have been correct. i'm still experiencing burnt tips, but nothing like the ones that i had before...look at the pictures from the beginning of this thread. when i get home i will take pictures of the entire 3x3 space to show the contrast.

i appreciate everybody's help. just want to clear up the small burnt tips i've got on a few leaves from the crop. i have ordered some cal-mag. it wont be in until next week.

You will be able to flip to 12/12 soon, you want your garden to be 100% healthy before doing so. By you being at 15ml per galon with the nutes, and with the addition of cal mag plus your garden should be nice and healthy in a matter of 2 to 3 days, then you can flip to 12/12, once you flip to 12/12 continue using vegge nutes, only swich to flowering nutes 2 weeks into 12/12.

Your plants will not get tall because you toped them so no need to worry about plant hight.

Pepper said:
You will be able to flip to 12/12 soon, you want your garden to be 100% healthy before doing so. By you being at 15ml per galon with the nutes, and with the addition of cal mag plus your garden should be nice and healthy in a matter of 2 to 3 days, then you can flip to 12/12, once you flip to 12/12 continue using vegge nutes, only swich to flowering nutes 2 weeks into 12/12.

Your plants will not get tall because you toped them so no need to worry about plant hight.

general hydroponic's feeding schedule says to use both the veg and bloom nutes for transition to flowering.

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_KeepItSimple_Recirculating.pdf

remember that i'm using the flora nova nutes.

hey serp if you use formula provided you will have no issues with def unless your ph is off

so, then my nutes / water ratio is still too low. i should have followed GH's schedule from the beginning. i read so much about people over fertilizing their stuff that i underfertilized them. my pH is dead on right now. it stays between 5.6 and 6.0.

i'll keep the nutes at 15 ml / gallon for a week and bump it up to 18-20 ml / gallon.

i'll take pictures of the girls tomorrow morning and post them up. i think they are looking good, but they are still a lighter green than i would like.

dr pyro said:
hey serp if you use formula provided you will have no issues with def unless your ph is off

Sorry but that is not true, reason being is because not all strains can take the same ec/ppm.
Heither in hydroponics or soil, the proper way to feed a garden is to start the nutes at a moderate ec/ppm and by reading the plant the nutes are either increased or decreased.
Never follow the chart on any nute bottle it will only lead to disaster in the garden, it takes a trained eye to be a good farmer, that comes with time.

surreptitious said:
so, then my nutes / water ratio is still too low. i should have followed GH's schedule from the beginning. i read so much about people over fertilizing their stuff that i underfertilized them. my pH is dead on right now. it stays between 5.6 and 6.0.

i'll keep the nutes at 15 ml / gallon for a week and bump it up to 18-20 ml / gallon.

i'll take pictures of the girls tomorrow morning and post them up. i think they are looking good, but they are still a lighter green than i would like.

Do not confuse yourself, "listen to your garden" it will never lie to you :D

Has I mentioned above never follow the chart on the nute bottle. Do not bump your nutes up just for the sake of bumping the nutes up, you bump the nutes up when the garden "tells" you to do so.

In your case because your garden is still llight green in color you can bump it to 20ml per galon but do not raise it anymore than that just add the cal mag plus at 5ml per galon on top of the 20ml per galon of nutes, and on 12/12 the cal mag plus shoud be 10ml per galon on top of the nutes.

MindzEye said:
Is this the "disaster" you speak of? If so then bring on the disaster! This grow is three different strains, some indica and some hybrid.. All using a chart...

You need to understand one thing, this is not a pissing contest :D
You are an experianced grower that lucked out with the chart working on your particular strains (the lazy way to grow) but that is not the correct way to grow any plant, one must think and learn from trial and error, the man that started this tread is not an experianced grower.

I'm trying to teach the man that started this thread the proper way to grow a graden, by learning out to read the plants, and not by following company charts or by using fancy meters that are nothing but a waist of money.

If growing was has simple has looking at the back of a bottle getting the nut strengh, and playing with fancy meters everyone would be a master grower but in the real World that is not how it works.

whats wrong with them ladies Mindz.. there looking nice.. green mojo... not that you need any..
LH

pictures attached as promised. you can still see some leaves that have the burnt tips.

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

MindzEye said:
Im not trying to get into a "pissing contest", I just notice you regularly undermine some of the experienced growers on this site... Its like your saying if its not your way it isnt the right way.. So lets all dismiss what scientists with degrees that do this for a living say, we will all listen to you so teach away wise one! I will step out of "your" thread now and let you have center stage!

mindzeye, this is my thread and i welcome anybody that is willing to provide friendly helpful advice.

nice pic btw ;)

Latest posts

Back