After flushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parcero

Viajero
Reaction score
Good day.

Some plants started looking not so good a week ago.My guess it was/is nute and Ph related. Checked the run off Ph and it was off.
I flushed them and now Ph is neutral again.

I topped to pots with fresh peatmoss and this peatmoss has a bit of basic ferts in it, not much it said and now I'm thinking was it a good idea...?
I havent watered them yet so I could get the peatmoss off from the top but I not sure. I need an advice, please. Can 1-2cm layer of mildly ferted peatmoss on top of the old soil damage the plants now after flushing, if it was a nute related problem?
How long after the flushing the plants should show signs of better being? Directly? I suppose the yellowing leaves wont turn green again.

I will observe them plants couple of days more to see if that flushing helped or do I have to take more accion on this matter.

BTW, soil, 400w hps, almost 8 weeks in flora and getting heavy, before full biobizz nutes(grow,bloom and alc-a-mic) except a bit less on BioGrow.

Hi P.
The yellowing leaves are normal at 8 wks into flower bro. You know that peat is acidic right, regardless of the added nutes? I doubt that a couple of cms of peat is going to ruin your crop, at this point the leaves on the lowers start looking kinda peaked anyway. Do the new leaves at the top look green and vigorous as they should? If so, you're probably ok. It won't hurt to flush the plants again, I do it all the time during growth to simulate a good rain after drying out. Works for me. The plants, if drooping, should pick up by the next day if healthy.
Remember, it's always better to underfeed than to overfeed! :)

You know that peat is acidic right, regardless of the added nutes?
Do the new leaves at the top look green and vigorous as they should?

Thanks man and yeah, I knew the peat being acidic and yes again, top leaves looking green and doing ok. One has some spots and stuff and couple some other small things but more from those in a other thread later.

Latest posts

Back