non-submersible pump question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ZEM,

The curved hose thing would work too.
pcduck, Bed/tray is what the "Bucket tote" is called in a multiple plant DWC system where several plants share the same physical reservoir. the problem that I see here is to often we aren't clear whether we are talking in hydroponic terms or pot growing terms and whether we are talking in small stealth grow terms or large open terms. A tote with more than one plant is a subtype of a bed.

Actually what ZEM is doing by continually circulating his solution from the central reservoir through his beds/totes/bucket or what ever growing container he is using, and back into the central reservoir but letting the roots hang into the deeper solution is probably a hybrid DWC/NFT system with which it most closely relates to being dependent upon the depth of the solution and the rate of circulation.

None of these terms are really important to this discussing so long as we understand what he is doing.

Great smoking.

I would just put air stones under each net pot in the tray.And if I were to continue to want to grow DWC, I would start looking for some buckets or totes and not grow in a water bed.IMO

I have never heard it called that zem in dwc..never but there again I guess there is a first time for everything;)

duck, i do SOG getting this much buckets and making such a system will bea big fuss and im surely not switching from SOG into tree style

pcduck, FI you want to help solve ZEM's problems or learn something, then we will discuss anything you want to discuss as long as you care to, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TRY TO COVER YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE WITH PICKING A FIGHT, THEN GOOD DAY SIR!

As to your question about have I ever grown MJ indoors, I suggest you look around and find the answer yourself. You might start with the links in my signature.

Also, growing lettuce or MJ or tomatoes hydroponically is all the same techniques with just minor adjustments, but either you already know that or you never will.

Great smoking.

:( please dont change my thread into a battle ground

zem said:
duck, i do SOG getting this much buckets and making such a system will bea big fuss and im surely not switching from SOG into tree style

maybe better planning a head of time would have
solved your problems.

I was trying to help so that you would not end up in failure.

pcduck said:
maybe better planning a head of time would have
solved your problems.

I was trying to help so that you would not end up in failure.
duck buddy all help is greatly appreciated, you did provide me with great advise, im gona add an airpump, i was just stating that in SOG there are too many plants if i wanted to grow each in its own bucket i would have to switch to growing trees which i don't wana do :) thank you very much, i am using all your info it's of great benefit to me but i need to apply this info to my own setup so i might have to add more airstones in that single tray instead of getting too many buckets each for a plant, hope this clarifies thanks again, cheers ;)

People do dwc sog's with totes but not with 6" deep trays/beds. THG has a DIY on it.

hey thanks duck, i was just reading it, very similar concept of mine, only mine is a sog rather than scrog wider shallower tray smaller netpots bigger number and i have a control res to keep my water in the tray so that i dont have to top it myself. THG has a scrog, only a couple of big plants, sog is many small plants, many people do SOG including the dutch commercial growers for its efficiency

many people do SOG including the dutch commercial growers for its efficiency

Is that for mj or for lettuce/or something similiar?

some plants just lend themselves better to different types of growing.

You can do it, just need those air stones and a good pump

i havent read through whole thread so i dont know if it was answered yet, sorry zem. pumped water will oxygenate better than an air pump but air pumps are easier to get same effect. meaning its about surface area & time of exposure of water to air. i oxygenate my nutes w/ an aquarium powerhead pushing from bottom towards the surface of the water thus disrupting the surface tension & oxygenating. this is in a nute bucket not a dwc. dwc i would use a nice ceramic air stone or better yet a disc. not the blue coarse ones. they are usually white & def more expensive, but give a finer bubble which means more surface area.

Reactions: zem
The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm sorry, but I still do not understand your system. You are confusing me by the use of the word "tray". DWC systems do not utilize a tray...what are the dimensions of this tray? How deep is it?

I also do not understand this statement AT ALL: "i was thinkin of using the sprinkler way in my tray that is over the water level i would have many outlets that sprinkle water to air..."

Can we maybe get some better pics of your entire system?

think of a tote or a square bucket.

yea dutch MJ commercial growers developed the sog technique check it out hxxp://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/826.htm i'm doing the same thing with a single tray and lid, i'm just hoping to have a grow worthy of a grow journal, look at this pic, these look like healthy green plants but i used to get at least 20% bigger buds with ebb&flow thats why i concluded that roots are not gettin enough O2. mind you these were grown using NO airstones just a water pump to air the res so i guess if i add much more O2 i will get it done, lets hope so, thanks ;)

xzzxz (Small) (2).jpg

:confused2: I thought cultivation of mj was illegal in the Nertherlands?

hXXp://www.amsterdam.info/drugs/

I understand sog but why do it? Like I said some plants just lend themselves better to different types of grow...ex: lettuce grown NFT and sog.
I would not grow lettuce in a single pot dwc just like I would not try mj in a NFT sog IMO mj just does not lend it self to that type of growing. It can be done but there are better ways.

Good luck on your grow and get them air stones in there.

it is technically illegal but growers sellers are not prosecuted. there are coffee shops everywhere with pricelists f their mj strains, these are commercial growers

DonJones said:
BUT IF YOU WANT TO TRY TO COVER YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE WITH PICKING A FIGHT, THEN GOOD DAY SIR!

:spit: Yes ducky you dont know squat. :rolleyes:

Lettuce prey. :giggle:

THG,

He is using shallow low volume rectangular totes for multiple plant grow containers, also called hydro beds, and to overcome the small amount of solution in each tote bottom, he is continuously adding solution from a central control reservoir and letting the overflow return to the central reservoir to remix so the plants don't use up the nutrients and oxygen in the tote beds so quickly. Also, this way he only has ot maintain the sloution in the one main central reservoir.

Does that make it any clearer? If not, let me know and I'll try to draw up a schematic of the system.

Don't feel bad, I often get mind lock or tunnel vision on verbal explanations too.

Great smoking.

so i put the pump constantly on and put airstones in, water is bubbling like a witches magic potion :D i'm a bit worried about the pump constantly on but its effect is pricesless there, i'm still hardening the clones off theyr wilting just a lil bit under the 400, will post pics in a bit ;)

Latest posts

Back