The Flattop Treatment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ssjric said:
Every things looking great PH!!! I can't wait to see the end product!!!

Yeah, life sucks--now I gotta expand my drying closet. Damn it, man.:D

5 weeks 12/12 and eating me outta house and home.

Did Purple Maxx through last Saturday. I've grown this strain out several times so I know I got extra stacking from the Maxx.

Cogitating on whether to Gravity or not--I'm in the land of
Botrytis, and Botrytis loves the fatties.

Flattop 006.JPG

Flattop 008.JPG

Flattop 009.JPG

Flattop 007.JPG

Flattop 014.JPG

Flattop 013.JPG

dang man....I've seen some funky buds before...but that one looks just like a gallon jug!

Very nice man...I didn't have a problem with mold either time I used Gravity, but I have alot of air flow, and keep my RH below 50% in flower. If your worried just try it with one, but you'll have to move your light up, which will mean haveing to raise the pots that don't get the gravity.

With buds that size IMO the only way to stop the botris is to lower the temps slightly and get more air going.
Even then some strains just really are think and wet and just get attacked.
I wish I had some magic solution for ya but I had never even seen mold until I moved out west its just not common down south.

I would be thinking of removing a few fans to create some air movement but other than adjusting your growing environment which I am not sure you can do more.

Sub

Thanks for looking in, Sub.

I've only had the one bout with the Bot, and that was pretty much self-inflicted (worked it out and kicked its butt thanks to DOS's experiece).

I'm in the deep south and I'd never seen or heard of Botrytis before I got serious in this sport.

I'm running 4 oscillators and a couple of inlines. I run one oscillator at dirt level and have one in each opposing corner of the room; the 3rd is at ceiling level for cooling. I'm stepping up the smaller inline to an 8" for air exchange only. Also, I can leave the door open a lot of the time--my room's off my studio where I work hard all day (wink, wink). The RH in the house is acceptable as the central HVAC keeps it below 50 usually. I need to rig my personal space AC to drain the condensate rather than burning it back into the room.

I rarely run over 50 RH in my grow room, so I hope I'm cool.

What about running fans at nite? Good idea? Anyone?

My fans never shut off and Id be heading to Lowes for a dehumidifier I have 3 and pipe in em to the outside no dumping buckets

Sub

subcool said:
My fans never shut off and Id be heading to Lowes for a dehumidifier I have 3 and pipe in em to the outside no dumping buckets

Sub

Mine don't shut off either, almost a year straight. This was only $175 and I use the filtered watered sometimes. Best investment ever late flower.

100_1703.JPG

What should my desired RH be in late flower?

Lemme know--I can throw some money at it like everything else.

50 is not bad. I run 38 with just a simple oversize one. Doesnt run all the time either. I have great water, so i can use it, as is. Sq ft is 12x12, it fills 18gal bi-weekly. Surprising huh? Alot of moisture.

nouvellechef said:
50 is not bad. I run 38 with just a simple oversize one. Doesnt run all the time either. I have great water, so i can use it, as is. Sq ft is 12x12, it fills 18gal bi-weekly. Surprising huh? Alot of moisture.

Yeah, well you're in the only North American rain forest up there. You got rain, I got oceans--everywhere.

I'm reading 56 outside and 46 inside my room today. When the outside RH soars, so does my inside RH.

My to do today is to pipe the condensate from my personal space AC to the outside, see what that does for me. Otherwise, looks like a couple hundred bucks for a dehumidifier.

Thanks.

subcool said:
With buds that size IMO the only way to stop the botris is to lower the temps slightly and get more air going.
Even then some strains just really are think and wet and just get attacked.
I wish I had some magic solution for ya but I had never even seen mold until I moved out west its just not common down south.

I would be thinking of removing a few fans to create some air movement but other than adjusting your growing environment which I am not sure you can do more.

Sub

Will this stress the plants out being 5 or 6 weeks into flower?

PH I have my fans running all the time in flower, and when my RH hits 47 or so I kick on the dehumid.

I've never had a problem with mold or mildew (knock on wood) and It's pretty humid up here a mile away from Lake Eire. I just don't see how it would really have a chance to set in though with all the air I have moving around... and my buds have always been really dense...even these sat buds were, not like the Afghani's, but they were in no way light and whispy!

Do you guys run all fans, even oscillators, or are we talking the inlines only?

In bud I run all fans 24/7 after about 4 weeks in, otherwise I only run oscilateing during lights on, but I run my exhaust 24/7 all the way through.

I'm sure haveing it once is what your problem is...you got a little shell shock is all...so I can understand being worried. keep the RH below 50 and air moving. In the summer when it's real humid here I ran the dehmid during the dark cycle, because that is when my RH seemed to soar. Try to keep your temps down...and pray...lol....good luck bud, I've never grown in the south, so I don't know what your going through...and hope I never have to.

40 days into it, the buds are beer bottle size now--20 on each plant:D . The Maxx really stuck it to them.

I'll hit 'em with the Gravity probably this week-end. They get much bigger, I'll have to figure out how to get a front-end loader in there at harvest. Yeah, I got problems, problems and trouble...

Trouble...
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble
Trouble been doggin' my soul since the day I was born
Worry...
Worry, worry, worry, worry
Worry just will not seem to leave my mind alone

Flattop 001.JPG

Flattop 002.JPG

Flattop 004.JPG

Flattop 006.JPG

I haven't been on much lately bud...but wanted to let you know I peaked in here...things are looking great!

Latest posts

Back