how many moms ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUFF MONKEY

TOWELIE IS MADE OF HEMP
Reaction score
howdy all, how many mothers would i need to get 100 clones every 2 months ? i made a tray lid for my 4x8 that is cut for 98 5" net pots. out of these strains, which would you all recommend growing together: kandy kush, kushberry, white widow, train wreck, caramel ice, bubba kush, LA con, the church, og18 and critical mass...thanks... these are all the gens i have so far for my next run after the DNA skunk train which goes into flower phase in less than a month.;)

PUFF MONKEY said:
howdy all, how many mothers would i need to get 100 clones every 2 months ?
I have two mother plants that each have about 50 tops. I take about 10 cuttings every three days off them, and it's never ending. If I were to use a bubble cloner and put all of them in it for rooting, in two months, I'd have 200. I use K-L-N rooting hormone, and the cuttings never grow any while rooting, so after 2 months, all would still be almost the same height as when they went in. The first ones would have to have their roots trimmed before planting to make them all grow equally probably, but it could be done. I would suggest that you go with over-kill and have at least 3 or 4 mothers though. The two I have fill an area of 36" x 24" and are very flat at 30" tall.

PUFF MONKEY said:
cool...i'm set up for 9 moms comfortably.
A multiple strain grow can get tricky. After doing both ways, I've always found it much easier to grow one strain at a time. Less problems with nutes, burn, canopy height and size, and nute adjustments. 9 mothers can provide you with way more than 200 cuttings in a 2 month period. You have room for about 16 plants at 4 feet tall. How many are you planning to grow? For the different strains, plan for the different rates of growth, different nutrient requirements and different light height tolerance. Each of those factors will make a multi-strain grow more difficult. Some have massive side growth, some don't. Some grow much taller, faster. Some have growth spurts. That's why I prefer to grow one strain at a time. Crop management is much easier that way.

3 nice moms forsure.
Id also only run 1 strain in the system, WW is a good strain.

I run a 60 site aerosystrem and trust me it gets so confusing trying to feed the plants cuz they act so differtly

1122.jpg

1133.jpg

1144.jpg

well, i only need 100 clones at 1 time every two months..i figured i'd cut clones about 3 weeks before i chop the current crop... i understand the different strain problem but is there no 2 strains in that list that will play nice together ??.. i omly have 2 WW fem seeds or i would do an all WW grow.

PUFF MONKEY said:
I understand the different strain problem but are there no 2 strains in that list that will play nice together??
Of what you've listed, I've only grown the WW and BK. Those two grow so different and require such different conditions and nutes, I would never grow them in the same room. Maybe someone else has experience with the others. Good luck man!

good thing you told me that cuz i was planning on doing just that lol..

Why don't you take the 2 WW, grow and take clones, and grow those clones out to make enough mothers to where you can do an all WW grow?

I also don't care to do multi-strain grows. It is an exercise in frustration and problems.

DD

Latest posts

Back