PH during flush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

v35b

Reaction score
Is there any need to test the ph while you flush with well water?

When you flush you are washing the nutes out of the soil and off the roots.

Ph regulates the intake of nutrients so it not necessary to ph the water, i have heard of some people who actually off set the ph so the plant does not intake any nutes during the flush.

I do not pH my water when and if I flush. I do not want the excess nutes being used by the plant.

I ph any solution that any roots hit, the plants roots know they are in water and know PH no matter what. I dont get any krinkle ever...then agian I only let them rest a half day anyway. If there is residual nutrients on the roots that end up in the "flush" the ppm is low enough not to feed the plant which is what i aim for on their "sunday" (day of rest).

Just my method...

i PH all my flush water in hydro but not in soil,i do this because i have came across some strain that will go into PH shock if i dont

you will find that lots of plants hate a big PH swing

biggerbuds said:
i PH all my flush water in hydro but not in soil,i do this because i have came across some strain that will go into PH shock if i dont

you will find that lots of plants hate a big PH swing

What is pH shock? It is my understanding that pH is only important for proper nutrient uptake...

Hmmm...never heard of ph shock either...they way I understand it ph does nothing more then make certain nutrients Available to the plant...if the ph is off you are essentially keeping your plant from feeding and this is why your plant will exhibit deficiencies ....I rarely flush but whe. I do the plant goes into the tub and i run water right from the tap.....

biggerbuds you got any more info on this? I couldn't find anything about it.

:confused2: Whats flushing?? :confused2:

:hubba:

i would only flush for an issue and wether i ph'd the water for the flush would depend on the issue.

Ph swing in hydro can cause crink or the claw... IE unnatural ridges and bumps or sagging leaves on the vein. Only Ph shock I know of....

trillions of atoms said:
Ph swing in hydro can cause crink or the claw... IE unnatural ridges and bumps or sagging leaves on the vein. Only Ph shock I know of....

Yes this is what i am getting at,thanks for the help.

flushing @ the end of the grow is completely diffent,you dont need to worrie about PH for the end flush but if you are flushing in the middle of a grow because you overfeed the plants or something then PHing the flush water is importent because i have seen what it can do to a plant if it is a ph sensitive strain.

you can also get yellow stripes on the leaves and yellowering on the edges of the new leaves,it can look abit like overfeeding but its not.

pH Fluctuation:
Both of these leaves in figure 6 and figure 7 are from the same plant. It could be over fertilization, but more likely it is due to the pH being off

this is how it can look,i have never seen it this bad before but roughly the same sort of thing.

biggerbuds

:confused2: Being that this is hydro grow section, how long are you flushing for in the middle of the grow, in order to get that much curling? Would not one quick flush be enough to rid the excess nutes out of a hydro grow?

it depends duck on why i am flushing and how bad the plants are looking,for how long i keep the flushing process going.

if they was looking really sick,like half dead or something then i would even flush them with pure water for up to a week long.

i know that people are all diffent duck and they got there own way of doing things.

you see if i am dealing with a plant that is heavily overfeed i would not recommend just flushing for 5 minutes as this would do little to help the plant get rid of what has build up in the inside of there plant,so yes it would depend on how bad that plant is looking that would make up my mind on how long to give it pure water for

if all is going well and plants are looking great i just give them a 5 minits flush every 2-3 weeks by hand watering them as much water as i can pour though them all in one go.i do this on tank change day normally

but if they was very very super dark green with leaves curling and all sorts then i would flush them by keeping them on just water for how long it ever took to see them start to pick up.

but what ever,unless i am flushing the end of the grow i PH there water because plants hate a PH swing.i agree with no need to ph the flush at the end of the grow to remove feed though

as i said before nothing in this world that i know of likes a big PH swing.take fish for instance,if you change there water PH too fast they die on you.

i quess things on earth just get used to the PH that they are living in & if you change it too fast they dislike you for it.

I ph anything in my rez, but Ive never needed to flush a grow yet.

you see if i am dealing with a plant that is heavily overfeed i would not recommend just flushing for 5 minutes as this would do little to help the plant get rid of what has build up in the inside of there plant,

How would flushing get rid of nutes already in the plant? :confused2:

because the plant will use them up,by only feeding pure water the plant can take up fluid at a much faster rate & get rid of the nutes that has build up inside of it,when a plant has been overfeed big time it can still grow for over a week on the stored up nutes it had in its leaves.

i know for a fact that if i was to feed an overfeed plant more nutes it would not heal as fast as if i feed it just plain water for a bit,i know this because i have been there many many times before when i first started out growing.

try it one day duck if you do not belive me mate

so i quess what i am saying is that the plant can move the stored up nutes in it leaves about the plant much much easyer,i do not mean the nutes are going to go back in the nute tank, but will be turn into new growth at the top of the plant,you get what i mean yet ?

its really best not to feed an already overfeed plant because what the hell is it going to do with even more nutes if it already has far to much stored up already ?

sorry if i put it in words thats hard to understand,i am not a very good writter as you can see,i find it very hard to try and explain things too

lol are you still confused duck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back