SpinPro leaf trimmer ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thomjarl said:
If you are going for a manual trimmer I would go for the original, no knock-off like spinpro. Here's the original:

live links to outside sites are not allowed here.

i love my hydrofarm precision pruners, not automatic but i trimmed 3 plants in less than 2 hours with little to no fatigue on my hands.
hxxp://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-HGPP400-Precision-Straight-Pruner/dp/B0012BU8YO

Thought I'd get back with a review of the SpinPro trimmer. After extensive use this fall, worked great for me :)

I trimmed all the big leaves off first, then tossed in trimmer...does a real nice job, saved a ton of time. I trimmed all of mine wet, straight off the plant. It did kinda snag up the bottom of the stems a bit, but some minimal clean up....looked great. It didn't effect my trichs at all, but big huge buds should probably be done by hand.

The unit worked flawlessly, had 1 rubber finger come loose....but it may not have been inserted correctly from the start. I bought the big unit, could trim about 2oz. at a time. At the end, you get a big pile of chopped suger leaves...makes great hash.

do you have pics of trimmed bud? grow shop down the road rents em $50 a day. def gunna rent it to see & if i like it he'll put it towards the purchase. im pretty particular about my trim so we shall see

Doc....I'll work some up for you, will post them tomorrow tho....the girls need some loving now :)

It's worth it, if ya have ALOT of trimming....but I'd just buy it, wouldn't want to take the rental back with trichs on it....and get busted.

Thanks for the review bwanabud

cool thx for throwing some pics up when you get a chance. how much is alot, couple lbs? no worry on getting busted w/ it as im in a med state & there is a charge if its not shiny new.

Doc, the "justified amount" of a lot, would depend on your ability to keep up with the girls getting cut down. In my case, I couldn't keep up with the product coming in :hubba: You can always get helpers, but that can lead to other problems.

I would rent one once, and see if the investment fits your needs(I paid bout $500 US). The rubber fingers are a pain to clean up, I use 98% ISO, or acetone....but wear gloves, the stuff is not good for you. I also made a fitting for a drill attachment, so no hand cranking was needed.

Last year, I casually kept a time study of trimming quantities. It took 2 peeps, 2 hrs. to trim 4 oz.

So:2 peeps x 2 hrs. = 4 oz or 1 oz. per man hr..
With the trimmer: 1 man x 2 minutes = 2 oz. or 60 oz. per man hr.

Huge time difference in production, purely based on your needs. I have no affiliation with the company, just reporting my findings. The time savings was unbelievable, left more time for relaxation and enjoyment of the nuggets :icon_smile:

Once again, if you have big sweet cola's for personal use....just hand trim. But if buried in hanging plants....SpinPro baby :D

I'll load up some pics today, got some xmas shopping to do :)

Latest posts

Back