Drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks dman and the rest ... Need to figure out if the 200€ investment in another tent is worthy or perhaps i dry in the room where i have the tent, but i have a little clarity there.

What do you guys would do ? Buy a new tent just for drying where you need to use a dry net or hang them in the room with a little clarity but no direct light ?

I also love the trim hash ... Almost remember me Nepalese Temple Balls :rolleyes:

I just hang mine in a dark room with a blackout curtain in the window

And it is totally dark ? Do you guys hang in totally dark places ? Mine is dark for most part of time with like 10% clarity for 5 hours. Should this be a good place to dry ? I'm thinking it is good. What do you think ?

Even with my blackout curtains it still leaks around the edges a little bit. I have not experienced any difference in my buds.

My curtains are like that. Thanks pcduck. That was exactly what i was looking for a answer. Hit it man you deserve it ;).

:48:

I never have problems using a net to dry. What i do is trim the plant down completely while its still standing in soil and then cut off the buds, nugs and lay them in a shelved box (Shelves are made from cotton threaded back an forth) with a small extractor fan pulling air through the box. 4-5 days later i transfer to jars to cure and extract the last of the moister.

I find it much harder to manicure/ trim dry bud because it retracts into the bud, means you have to disturb it much more to get a clean bud.

Hanging upside down is only done so the bud doesn't touch anything while drying. If you use a fine net then i dont see it making much difference.

Tc :)

bho_expertz said:
And it is totally dark ? Do you guys hang in totally dark places ? Mine is dark for most part of time with like 10% clarity for 5 hours. Should this be a good place to dry ? I'm thinking it is good. What do you think ?

No, my room is nowhere near completely dark...well, at night it is! :) I see great results though...would I see better in total darkness?

The reason for drying, curing and storing in the dark is because light damages the trichs. I do not know to what degree but it does not help to keep them at there best.

Hmmmm, would be interesting to see how much difference a touch of light can make, but I have absolutely no space at this time I could even try to make into a darkroom! Well, the bedroom, but it's not heated and not used in winter months, so not good for drying either. Maybe in the spring!

bwanabud said:
I have 2 of these racks...6' x 8' dry in the dark, slow fan circulating.

that IS a cool drying rack(s)...:cool2:

7greeneyes said:
that IS a cool drying rack(s)...:cool2:

Thanks bro :) Works great, has square plastic mesh(like guttergard)zip tied to the piping....lots of airflow, minimal surface contact...so no molding issues at all. Because of the design, very strong structurally.

Latest posts

Back