Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: bombbudpuffa's Peyote Purple x Deep Chunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Growroom Setup and Design
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess
Default LED Grow Tent

Looking for advise and words of wisdom. I will be setting things up this week. My shoulder is hurting like !@#* (hope I do not have a rotator cuff injury), so am trying to take things easy until I can get to see the doc. My friends that I grow for are going to help me finish cleaning out the room and put the tent up today and I am going to fix them something yummy to eat.

I will be moving my grow from my master bedroom/bathroom to tents in the spare room--only a bit smaller than I have now. Going to be remodeling the master bath and thought I'd turn the closet back into a walk in closet and the bathroom back to a bathroom from the potting shed I seem to use it for now.

3 x 5 Secret Jardin Tent
768W Apollo Purple Sun LED
700W Mars II LED
4" & 6" exhaust fans/filters (which ever I will need)

The Mars light is not here yet. It will probably be here the end of the week....but it was shipped FedEx rather than UPS, so you never know....

I don't know what I will need to keep things cool, so will experiment a bit. The room is on the north side of the house, so it will be easier to keep cool than the south side that gets a lot of sun. And I am sure that I will be blown away by the difference in the heat the lights put out.

I will be reading up on training for LED grows and welcome any advise. I am like a newbie--maybe worse as I am used to "the old ways". A new adventure begins!

The 32" x 32" tent with a T5 is up. The 3 x 5 will go next to it. I am having trouble getting pics to load, so will try later....but suffice it to say that the rooms is still a mess.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:29 PM   #2
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Oh boy, am i ever glad to be the first one in here! Congratulations THG. I think it is awesome. Much pink mojo to you my friend. You won't need it, you got this.

Current grow: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=75112

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:14 PM   #3
Hamster Lewis
Furry Moderator

Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis

Welcome to the age of LED. There will be a learning curve but you should get through it fairly easy.

Will pull up an old shoe over here to get comfy in. Green Mojo.

In the beginning, man created god...

Science can fly you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings

BHC#1313 VHC#69 TGC#135
Hamster Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
Grower13

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

I wanna watch......... led pink mojo THG.

Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #5
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

AARRRGGGGG!!!!!

Friends came over and set the tent up for me and.....it is 5 x 5, not 3 x 5. I don't have that much light and I just didn't want a tent that wide...which is why I went with the 3 x 5 instead of a 4 x 4. PITA to try and ship anything from here. I am not sure we could get it repacked in the bag and box it came in. I do have enough room in the spare room, but didn't want it filled with tent that I cannot adequately light. I can put up a reflective partition, which is probably what I will do....sigh....pick up the bong.....
Old 05-25-2015, 09:09 PM   #6
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Big fat bummer... sorry that happened.. join you on the bong.

Current grow: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=75112

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
Hamster Lewis
Furry Moderator

Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis Hamster Lewis

I think you can make it work with a partition. On a positive note, just think about the HPS vs LED you can eventually run in that Monster Tent.

In the beginning, man created god...

Science can fly you to the moon...religion flies you into buildings

BHC#1313 VHC#69 TGC#135
Hamster Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang

Awww damn on the tent thing, but I am very excited to see you roll with LED's to try. Only thing I can say would be check my thread directly as it's straight from HPS to LED with me being stubborn and trying old habits. Acknowledge a few things right out the gate, and just accept them as they are without question.

1/2 the nutes!
More distance from tops than HPS
Trim and prepare plants a bit differently

I'm sure you'll catch on no problem! I know I will be here everyday checking in to see however I can help you. It's my turn to return the favor however I can!

Back to the bummer of you getting a 5x5 ...Yeah, a partition will be put up eh? BUT at least you can use the other portion of the tent for other "things" like external res and such, right?

...I'm trying to find the bright side.. lol

PS
Definitely go with the 6"
Dr. Green Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
Bongofury
Need a light?

Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury Bongofury

Good luck with your new led grow THG. Green mojo
Old 05-25-2015, 10:10 PM   #10
Grower13

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster Lewis View Post
I think you can make it work with a partition. On a positive note, just think about the HPS vs LED you can eventually run in that Monster Tent.

I made some partitions out of pvc, panda film and duct tape........ very lite and you can make them any size width or height you need........ plus they can be put a side to do work and store. I got 3 of them now.
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #11
pcduck
InmYgArdEnwATcHtInGItgRoW

pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck pcduck

Fed Ex sucks.
I always request UPS or USPS.
Most sellers will oblige.

Good luck Goddess

Helpful Greenhouse Links

Feed the soil
pcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #12
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Cant wait to see this grow THG. Good Green Mojo
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 AM   #13
MR1

MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1 MR1

It sucks when you have to to send stuff back. Happy led growing THG.
MR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:02 PM   #14
000StankDank000

000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000 000StankDank000

I feel your pain bought a tent online got. A 5x9 not a 4x8 .
Hope it works out
000StankDank000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #15
yooper420
AladinSane

yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420 yooper420

THG,
Congrats on joining the LED party. With an open mind you will grow well, with a closed mind that grow will go down that well. Now, take them 2 green thumbs and grow, grow, grow.

My Dad always said :
"It`s not what you get away with that counts, it`s what you get caught at".
yooper420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:18 AM   #16
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

I love all the "You Go Girl" s that I am getting. I am so stoked. Now I need some advise. If I keep the 5 x 5 tent, which is still debatable, how much should I partition off? The Apollo 768W tested at 374W. and I believe that he Mars II is around 320W? DGF is that right? So, looks like just under 700 working watts.

And how large for the exhaust fan? I do have speed controllers, so can go with one of the 6", but would like to use the 4" if that would be enough. As I believe at this point that I am going to put the vegging plants under the LEDs, when will trimming/training need to start? They are all quite short and stout at this point--internode spacing is close. They have been vegging under T5s.

This is what I started with. Still working on what it is going to look like and where the tents are going to go. The 32" x 32" is already in there. I think it is moving to the other side of the room (LOL--the 5 x 5 looks big enough to have slumber parties in). I think it will sneak in on the other side of the electrical panel. Running a new breaker for the tents.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2015, 02:41 AM   #17
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
I love all the "You Go Girl" s that I am getting. I am so stoked. Now I need some advise. If I keep the 5 x 5 tent, which is still debatable, how much should I partition off? The Apollo 768W tested at 374W. and I believe that he Mars II is around 320W? DGF is that right? So, looks like just under 700 working watts.

And how large for the exhaust fan? I do have speed controllers, so can go with one of the 6", but would like to use the 4" if that would be enough. As I believe at this point that I am going to put the vegging plants under the LEDs, when will trimming/training need to start? They are all quite short and stout at this point--internode spacing is close. They have been vegging under T5s.

This is what I started with. Still working on what it is going to look like and where the tents are going to go. The 32" x 32" is already in there. I think it is moving to the other side of the room (LOL--the 5 x 5 looks big enough to have slumber parties in). I think it will sneak in on the other side of the electrical panel. Running a new breaker for the tents.
Go with 6" definitely, as long as you put on fan speed controller for the rare adjustment occasions. I keep my 6" at 3/4 power most of the summer and on low in the winter. So much better than the 4" for air movement for that amount of space!

Which Mars fixture did you get? Oh yeah, the 700 which has 300W~380W actual draw power. The draw power they post is generally good. My 400's do 180w actual draw (tested on meter). I believe the 700's actual draw rings in around 360w so that plus your Apollo puts you at close to 734w of actual draw. I'm doing 720w draw TOTAL in each of my 4.5 X 4.5 X 7 tents, but I have 4 fixtures so a tad bit more overlapping. With that said, you're going to ROCK your space. I think you could do the whole tent honestly.....but that may be the old me coming back, hopin' beyond hope. LOL

Awesome on the new breaker... I LOVE when projects turn out much larger scale than you anticipate, but you roll with it with STYLE. haha!! Fun when that happens, and looks like you're getting stylish

I can not wait until you see the increase in resination and terrapins. Are you running a strain you're familiar with? (Sorry, I'll re-read first post real quick). Yeah, you didn't mention that I noticed. Explain your genetics please miss Also, what's your nute line up including additives? Are you going to roll with our suggestions? If so, I don't think it's too far off of what you've been used to anyways, honestly.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #18
Joe420Camel
friendly stranger

Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel Joe420Camel

the 4" is going to struggle IMO -but- my cabinet's air-flow is NO TENT's!

If optimized, possibly the 4" -but- the 6" might be quieter ...

mmmm choices

just don't push the shoulder doing ANY(thing) of it, simply not worth it.

as necessary

EVERYTHING you SAY (or DO) CAN and WILL BE held AGAINST YOU in the LAW of KARMA
"I wish we could all just grow two plants on our windowsill and share them with each other." Rick Steves
"While marijuana may not be addictive, most of us have found that this growing thing is."
The Hemp Goddess 9/28/14
(does it blow or suck?) "The action blows, the result sucks." pcduck 12/13/17
Joe420Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #19
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

I am so excited to get this going, but the shoulder thing is worrying me--doc appointment this morning. I guess that 25 years of hoisting a 15 pound drill up over your head and drilling holes up to 4-1/2" is hard on your shoulders...who would have guessed.

I figured that the 6" fan would be better--even if I don't use the entire 25 sq ft, it still has to be ventilated. In cleaning out the room, I decided that I need to get rid of some of my equipment. I think the dual 150W HPS I DIY'd is going away. Also a 400W MH that I have had forever. I have 1 dead 600W ballast that I don't know why I have hung on to. The room is looking somewhat better.

The 5 x 5 will go over in the corner where the 32 x 32 is now. The small tent will go into the old closet area, next to the electrical panel. The room is wrapped in Panda film. This room has been used as kind of a shop for me. In the winter, I would saw, sand, and paint in that room...whatever construction thing I had going on. DGF--you cannot be a plumber without learning to roll with the punches. That is one profession that is really fraught with unforeseen problems.

Genetics--I do have a lot in veg now and only 1 in flowering. It is like starting over. So, I have 2 Durga Mata II CBD fems, 2 orange kush x something else I can't remember (free seeds), 3 Exodus Cheese fems, 3 BSC reg seeds, 1 Harlequin clone, 2 tiny Chucky clones, and I have some cuts still in solo cups--Z99 (C99 x Pinkzella), Freedom Baby and Nordle CBD. Wow, when I get it written out, I have a lot of plants. The indicas will stay fairly small. And not everything will be ready to flower at the same time. And I do have a 1000W and a 400W HPS should I run out of space. Some are running hydro, some in dirt--organic. I am going to give PH Perfect a go on the hydro plants--Sensi Grow A + B. The dirt plants will be organic. I have Earth Juice, some GO Organics left, various organic amendments, and will make teas when I have time. I will be repotting and transferring some hydro plants to larger containers later today. I will post up some pic when I get that done.

Thanks all!
Old 05-27-2015, 04:36 PM   #20
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Quote:
I have 1 dead 600W ballast that I don't know why I have hung on to
It is indeed odd what is considered sentimental, even if you don't realize or admit it. And yes.. please go with the 6" The 4" will absolutely struggle.

Quote:
3 BSC reg seeds, 1 Harlequin clone, 2 tiny Chucky clones, and I have some cuts still in solo cups--Z99 (C99 x Pinkzella)
All quoted above I'm interested in, and hope you do indeed concentrate on. I know the BSC is great, and my C99 is amazing, also Pinkzella sounds nifty. The Chuky clones... no need to even say as they are awesome and heard lots about Harlequin.

Quote:
I am going to give PH Perfect a go on the hydro plants--Sensi Grow A + B.
Personally .. "meh"... buffers..... "meh"

....I mentioned meh right?

I like being able to have control over "the drift" and think the drift is actually a required part of hydro IMO. But hey, work with what you have if that's the case and cost is an issue there... but you know me, I won't throttle my thoughts lol.