Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: bombbudpuffa's Peyote Purple x Deep Chunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Growroom Setup and Design
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #41
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Well, I just hate my big tent. I hate everything about it--it is too big, it has light leaks, there is no where to hang things, the vents aren't where I want them to be....So, I spent Sunday moving everything back into my old closet. I put all the hydro plants I have going now into the closet yesterday and gave everyone flowering nutes. Today, they had a short 4 hour light period and the lights went off at noon to switch to a midnight to noon flowering period. We have at least 2 weeks of brutal heat coming. In the mountains though, even if it gets to 108 during the day, the night will cool down to the mid 60s.

I will post up a pic or 2 tomorrow when the lights come on. I don't have the carbon filter connected yet, but cannot smell the plants on the deck--the room exhausts under the deck. The Satori has been under the LED for about 2 weeks, but between having company for a week and my bf in the hospital, she was neglected and she hated the pH perfect. The new growth is looking a bit better.

Going for a swim--that will be my salvation through the heat wave. There is a pool at the bottom of the hill and I have a monthly pass. And there is something about geothermal water that just makes you feel better.

Later.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 PM   #42
Rosebud
Organic dirt farmer

Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

I am so sorry you hate your tent. That is a BIG drag. Sucks really THG. That tent has given you so much extra work... sorry. Did you get it light tight?

Current grow: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/foru...ad.php?t=75112

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Rosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #43
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

It is not the work as much as the money--LOL, I have more time than money. The disassembly, which I have not done yet is not going to be fun either. I am going to get a gal friend of mine to give me a hand.

No, couldn't get it light tight either. I was just staying out of the room at night. Light came out through the zippers and I could not get the vent holes tight enough either.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #44
zem

zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem

what's going on with that LED grow THG? I hope it is satisfactory?
zem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #45
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang

Indeed, I'm with Zem :tup:
Dr. Green Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:57 PM   #46
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

I struggle forward. I took some pics, but could not get them to load. I have been quite busy and haven't tried lately. There are some of the plants that I simply cannot trim up like you should for LED--they are Indicas that are just so short and squat. I never though I would be trying to encourage stretch. I will try again to get some good pics.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:08 PM   #47
Grower13

Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13 Grower13

throw them under some hps first couple of weeks and the move them under LED.
Grower13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:54 AM   #48
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
I never though I would be trying to encourage stretch.
These have been some of the thoughts I attained in the first few months hahahaha... I now encourage a stretch!

Starting to steer away from squat heavy indica leaners... Sativa Hybrids for life!! hahaha
Old 08-04-2015, 02:22 AM   #49
umbra

umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

I can see that some set up and experimentation is required to make it all work. If an experienced grower is having trouble getting everything set up, a newbie would probably give up. That's a shame. I know you'll get passed it all and do well, but I can see its a PITA.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:26 AM   #50
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Quote:
If an experienced grower is having trouble getting everything set up, a newbie would probably give up.
Absolutely, I see it too. I'm glad I got things sorted out on my end, but dang, it was some serious learning curve.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #51
zem

Old 08-14-2015, 12:05 AM   #52
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Ill stick to my T5s and HPS. Im an Old Dawg that aint ready for that trick. LOL
And props to you LED growers. Yall are doing a great job.
Ill use them to light up my house and TV. he he
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:51 AM   #53
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

I was having trouble posting pics. I figured out if I resize, I can post. So here is an old picture taken July 9th, I believe. I will take a couple in the morning to compare.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2015, 03:50 AM   #54
zem

the stretch looks okay in that 1month+old pic i am watching those led grows closely, i bet many others are too, looking for real trials with real results, really hoping to see LEDs meeting their claims to be able to replace HPS with superior efficiency. paint has a super easy resize option, just open with paint, click resize, erase the 100 and type the new percentage that you want it resized to, then close the pic, it automatically asks if i want to save, it takes me seconds for each pic
Old 08-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #55
my my

my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my

Looking good THG...
I know have a couple grows under LED's now, and just Love um..
currently i have 1 lady in my 4 x 4 flower room, under my new Mars 900 light...
she is a Monster, 5 foot +...
when i went to flower this round, i put all 4 ladies in the 4 x 4 room, with the big 900 mars light, and my 3 smaller Cidley units... well it took 2 weeks for them to start flowering, and the big girl took over most the area, so since my veg room was currently empty, i set up 3 buckets in there, and moved the 3 smaller ladies in there, and also the 3 smaller Cidley lights.... since that time (about 2 weeks now) the big girl in the 4 x 4 room, has taken up the whole room (glad i moved the smaller girls out)....
what i have noticed this round.. (was running my 1K) is my temps are way lower.. normally around outside temp give or take a few degrees... I'm sure after a couple goes at it, youll love it...
Old 08-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #56
Sin inc
eastside greenxpert

Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc Sin inc

boy how things change huh mom? I remermber when you would not go close to leds and your did not want stretch . I was catching up on your grow and lol, but sorry to hear about your room. you will get all working right you all ways do. green mojo mom u know the fam has your back
Sin inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #57
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Yup things change and you do have to keep up with the times. Thanks for stopping in. This is a learning experience--I am like a newby when it comes to LEDs. It is a bit different than growing with HPS. Hard to get used to wanting a plant to stretch and keeping the light 1-2' away. And I almost fried a plant my giving it too much food--less food with LEDs.

My LEDs do not seem to run that much cooler than my air cooled 1000w HPS did. But that was not my only reason for trying them--also less power consumption (I am running about 700W now), and boy they sure seem to load on the trichs.

I was gone for 3 days (looking at houses in Oregon!) and had a minor disaster. The large plant got so top heavy that it just fell over and broke the top and a bunch of branches. It was just in a 3" net pot. The root ball was also mostly not submerged and exposed to the light. She looks quite sad now. I cut off a branch that was dead and smoked it with a couple of my buddies. It is pretty good, so I may just take her down. I harvested my first CBD plant--Durga MataII CBD and really really like it. It was a very small plant, but lots of trichs. I am giving baggies to my friends to try it and get their feedback, like I did with the salve.

So, I have 4 plants in there now--2 under each light. I am going to have to figure out how to get these short indica dominant plants to stretch.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #58
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Quote:
and boy they sure seem to load on the trichs.
Most definitely!!

Quote:
I am going to have to figure out how to get these short indica dominant plants to stretch.
That's an easy process, and a choice I had to make myself. It's simple.... stop growing indica dom plants LOL.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #59
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

DGF, I don't see that happening. While I am a sativa kind of gal, I grow for several other people who need indicas. There must be an answer--not everyone using LEDs is growing only sativas.

These are the four I have in there now.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2015, 03:41 PM   #60
zem

hmmm that would be hard, i don't see how you can induce more stretch with the exact same spectrum. i think that the led must be dual spectrum to be able to cause more stretch. let me ask just a random thought, what if you dim the light enough to induce stretching but not enough to cause weak plants? what if the light is so intense in terms of plant's needs that it is not stretching at all?