Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: bombbudpuffa's Peyote Purple x Deep Chunk
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > Growroom Setup and Design
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #81
bozzo420

bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420 bozzo420

they make them Amish heaters that are just a light bulb for the heat source.
bozzo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:43 AM   #82
gottaloveplasma

gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma gottaloveplasma

So.. Is this fact that leds use less food for crops? How is this? Also what constitutes a good led? My friend is looking into those grow cabs because he needs stealthiness. Also they sucker you in with financing. But all I got to say is what a heap of ****. They told him that you can walk away from this cab for 2 weeks. Hydro lol cause it has a overpriced ph doser. Lol.
gottaloveplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:40 AM   #83
zem

zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaloveplasma View Post
So.. Is this fact that leds use less food for crops? How is this? Also what constitutes a good led? My friend is looking into those grow cabs because he needs stealthiness. Also they sucker you in with financing. But all I got to say is what a heap of ****. They told him that you can walk away from this cab for 2 weeks. Hydro lol cause it has a overpriced ph doser. Lol.
with a big enough res, proper automation, and the right system, you could manage to walk away for 2 weeks if you had to.
zem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:17 PM   #84
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

Try and talk your buddy out of one of those cabinets--they are horribly overpriced and overhyped. My grows are in closets that are in my master bedroom/bathroom and are very stealth. It is very possible to have a stealth grow without investing thousands in those overpriced cabinets. Don't be taken in by shyster salespeople.

And while you may be able to walk away for 2 weeks, I don't know that you could with those small cabinets--don't think they have room for a big enough res for starters. And there is more to growing cannabis than just providing water and nutes.

And you know, I still do not really know what constitutes a good LED light. It is hard to get any real info as to what to look for in a good LED light. Most here just took PJ's advice when buying LEDs. I am less happy with the Mars II than I am with the Apollo. Even though it is smaller, the Mars puts out more heat and I am getting bleaching of the leaves with the Mars and not with the Apollo. If I invest in another LED, it will probably be a cob light and not another Mars like I have....but then money always enters into things. The Apollo cob was a lot more money than the Mars.
The Hemp Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #85
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang

Quote:
Even though it is smaller, the Mars puts out more heat and I am getting bleaching of the leaves with the Mars and not with the Apollo.
That's because the Mars is stronger. 5w diodes instead of 3w and more concentrated with lens angle.
You're REALLY close it sounds. I keep it about 15" - 24" away when flowering. I prefer to keep it 20-24 but had them get within 14" on my first grow with LED's, and never saw a spec of bleaching
Dr. Green Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:48 PM   #86
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang Dr. Green Fang

Also, this Mars Cob light I have is much cooler.. and more powerful for sure. The results aren't in on this yet as far as flowering. I'm one of the only ones I know with one of these fixtures... Let's see what happens
Old 09-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #87
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess The Hemp Goddess

The Apollo is a cob and it is stronger than the Mars. I do have the plants 20" away. I think this is just something to do with the Mars light. I am running the 700W. That could make the difference with yours not bleaching and mine bleaching.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #88
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

OH..... well then. I only have experience and only recommend the 400. I would guess you need to keep it 24-32" away from the 700

Also, the Apollo cob is "stronger" but doesn't have the lens angle that those 5w diodes do on the Mars. So it's "stronger" for the straight down penetration
Old 09-01-2015, 03:14 PM   #89
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

I think I would prefer the Apollo cob over a 700w Mars as well, certainly.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #90
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

I think i prefer Hps or T5s,,,Leds sound like a big pain in the ace and the wallet.
WeedHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #91
yarddog

yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog yarddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeedHopper View Post
I think i prefer Hps or T5s,,,Leds sound like a big pain in the ace.
Yeah that
yarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #93
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

LOL--weedhopper, they are. Trust me, I am not getting rid of my HPS lights yet. But I am not going to let the LEDs get the best of me, either.
Old 09-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #94
P Jammers

Even with instruction, I have seen no one just knock it out of the park first plants out "changing" tech. Most want to apply what they know about HPS growing and just make it work with LED tech.

It's not going to work.

I recently taught someone who has never grown before ever who just crushed a grow over a GPW. This person knew nothing, but was able to follow specific instructions and is very regimented. The point is I think newbies will have better success due to not having seen anything over the "experienced" grower.

If there is anything I can help with specifically LMK.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #95
WeedHopper

WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper WeedHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemp Goddess View Post
LOL--weedhopper, they are. Trust me, I am not getting rid of my HPS lights yet. But I am not going to let the LEDs get the best of me, either.
You kick thier *** Thg,,i know you can do it. Lol
Hey,,,more power to you guys,,,i love Leds,,just not for growing. I like reading under them,,and they light my whole house,,and Xmas tree,,,just dont wanna spend the doe to grow with them.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:05 PM   #96
Dr. Green Fang
You don't see me . . .

Quote:
Most want to apply what they know about HPS growing and just make it work with LED tech.

It's not going to work.
This is what I did , and I failed. After listening to you, I'm starting to knock it out of the park... but... just as I start to get the LED training / distance / feed / etc down... I got hit with MITES! Well, fast forward a few weeks and I'm now bug free I think........I think. LOL
Old 11-03-2015, 04:52 PM   #97
my my

my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my

Well,
how are things going THG?
Old 11-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #98
The Hemp Goddess
Granny Mod

Things are so-so. I have some sat dominant plants in now that I have trimmed up a lot better. As happens most of the time in the fall, I am battling spider mites...sigh. I will try and post up some pics tomorrow. Lights will be going out at noon and I have to get to work. Weather turned cold fast and I have a bunch of cabins that I need to get winterized before the weekend. And I have some wood slabs that I want to get run through the planer before it snows. I always have way more to do this time of year than I have time and energy for.

How are you doing my my?
Old 11-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #99
my my

my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my

Doing well, Thanks...
Good to hear you are staying busy..
Yes, i have also noticed how i need to keep the kids hair cut fro them to thrive under the leds...
I finished the last grow i had going of a couple of TCVG GG f2's they turned out very nice. currently i have 3 small kids i just flipped a few days ago.. waiting to see how they sex out...
thats about it on this end...
Old 11-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #100
WeedHopper

TCVG has some good stuff. Years ago he sent me some Blush he made that was very nice.