first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WeedHopper said:
Im not sure I would want to beat or be rough with your plants. Fem yes,,getting rough with them is a sure fire way to stress the crap outta them.

:yeahthat:

However, I doubt that you will do any harm if you mess up the FIM. Fimming is like a mini-topping. If you take too much off, oh well. It will be a little more like a topping than a fim.

i didnt mean to literally beat them up like it was a mugging, point being they can take some abuse and thrive due to it like fim, topping, tying down, super cropping etc... when you really think about it, in their natural enviroments they tend to get a butt whoopin due to weather and such, some places like the kush mountians get super super windy and more on the cold side, like high 60s max and yet the plants adapt and thrive in those conditions which are far harsher then any conditions any of us grow in. so you can actually do alot to them with training techniques as long as you dont go overboard and give ample time to heal between applications of what ever technique your using. look at scrogs too... sure its not hard stress, its fairly low stress to the plant but they are squished and trained under a screen to be unnaturaly even and low and yet the plant still thrives under that kinda of bondage for lack of better words. heck iv dropped a plant while transplanting into flowering pots, goes without saying i was pretty pissed off, but said ok what ever and trimmed the bottom of the broken stalk on a 45 and shoved it into my cloner, after a week or 2 it had roots and was ready to reveg for a while to build roots and it didnt really do much to the plant, no herm or low yield, in the end youd never know it was broken and re-rooted with a cloner, and id say that was pretty brutal yeet unintential abuse and it still thrived. think iv given enough examples here but all in all i still stick to what i said, dont be scared to fim or top or even tie down branches in unnatural ways in the end the plants will thrive due to those techniques and plus it lets you get more tops and much smaller yet stupidly bushy plants. sorry if it sounded literal in my previous post.

I don't consider things like fim, scrog, supercropping, etc abuse.
I'm not sure that I have ever had one that suffered real abuse and then thrived. It may survive, but abuse is different than low stress types of training.

And I don't know how much experience you have with cannabis grown in the wild that is not cared for (and suffers abuse), but it does not produce the beautiful thick dense buds we want.

well I fim the Cheese Wreck here's a pic of it 100_1675.JPG

also started my first day of the first week of Grow:watchplant: with Fox Farm
6 tsp of Bloom
1 tsp of Boomerang

they suggest feed the Nutrients only twice a week,, woul it hurt to feed my babies 3 times a week, n solution of Great White n Pro-Mag in between

lovbnstoned said:
also started my first day of the first week of Grow:watchplant: with Fox Farm
6 tsp of Bloom
1 tsp of Boomerang

they suggest feed the Nutrients only twice a week,, woul it hurt to feed my babies 3 times a week, n solution of Great White n Pro-Mag in between

I'm confused..6 tsp of bloom...are you giving them veg nutes or flowering nutes? Fox Farm has a lot of nutrients, which ones exactly are you giving them?

If they say to feed twice a week, feed twice a week. Also, I would be careful what else I gave them. I never need extra cal or mag until flowering--they don't need it. IMO, there is no reason at all to use the Great White...isn't that just mycorrhizae? Keep it simple, follow the directions, don't try and outguess the companies that made the nutrients, don't add stuff unless you know what it does and that your plants need it. More is not always better. One of the mistakes that new growers often make is "loving their plants" to death. When you have a 1/2 dozen grows or so under your belt, then if you feel like experimenting some, then give it a try (but only on 1 plant). However until you have a bit of knowledge about how to grow and what to expect, I would follow directions to a tee, make sure you let your water sit out to evaporate the chlorine and pH your nute solution to recommended

Your fim looks perfect.

i think hes talking about fox farms Big Bloom, its part of the liquid trio, its the only organic nute of the 3, Big Bloom is the veg nute, Tiger Bloom is the Flower nute, and Big Bloom is 0.01-0.3-0.7 and the directions say "Directions: For best results feed with Foxfarm liquid fertilizers at least once per week. Big Bloom is an all natural flowering fertilizer that is gentle enough to use throughout all stages of plant growth." then says it can be used in container plants or with a no clog sprayer, and even in a sphon mixer or through drip irrigation... its pretty much just earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano, rock phosphate, sulfate of potash magnesia, and norwegian kelp. thats all thats in it, also says it encourages strong, extra large, multiple blooms, sweeter fruit and thick seed pods.

iv used the trio before, didnt care much for it since 2 of the 3 are chemical salt cleated nutes and the Big Bloom is all organic, but i too used the big bloom with my first feeding, 1/4 the normal dose for the first few times i fed the plants, and worked up to full strength near the end of veg and held steady through flowering, i just didnt like that the chemical nutes kind of counter acted the goodies in the big bloom and in the soil, but hey to each his own, im just lovin this organic stuff too much right now. speaking of organics i also used 1/2 strength Big Bloom per gal for my teas and noticed a difference, all be it small difference but enough to make it worth my while since i use so little.

I was think of that also , the Fox Farm people said that there is something in the nutrient Bloom that is for grow also.
also, im on the first week of Grow, I have been giving Great White n pro-Mag for 3 or 4 weeks before hand, I thought the longer U Grow the better the yield of the plant

what do I do in between, feeding the FOX Farm nutrients ( cause i'm thinkin that the soil might dry out n screw the roots ??? )

water. alternate between feeding and watering. typicaly for my vegging plants it takes 2 or 3 days to dry out to the point where it needs more water, every other time i add nutes to the water, so nute solution, dry period, water, dry period, nute solution, so on... also do not go over board with the Grow Big or Tiger Bloom, as i said before they are chemical nutes and the salts the nutrients are bound to can and will over time kill off the micro organisms in the soil and if you use too much too often youll get salt build up that harms the roots and can inhibit nutrient uptake aka nute lock out. so dont use more then is recommended and make sure you alternate between adding nutes to the water and just plain water.

and if i read that right this is your first week using the Grow Big veg nute in the FF trio, along with the Big Bloom organic additive in the FF trio.

by the way you should say Big Bloom and Grow Big, not just Bloom and Grow, for other nute lines thats what the base nutes are called for flower and veg, bloom and grow, so specify what you using, simply saying bloom can also be confused with Tiger Bloom which is the flower nute in the FF Trio, different then Big Bloom. sorry if that sounds rude but it can get confusing quick using half the name of the nute your using.

just a newb here,, all the feedback is welcome,, by all means correct me. I appreciate all my fello tokers:joint: feedback. y'all have got the info
also when the top is fim does it cause more tight buds ???

what measurement do U use for the Fox Farm nutrients, 1/2 or 3/4 strength ??
just tryn to get the best crops I can get out of my Babies

well it depends, i started off feeding nutes after the seed leaves turned yellow, and i started with 1/4 strength, and worked my way up to full strength. how ever some strains are light feeders and some are heavy feeders, you just have to work your way up to full strength and keep and eye on the plants, if the very tippy tip of the leaves turn yellow/orange and look burnt and your feeding full strength nutes awesome, for that strain you seem to have found its sweet spot. now if you work your way up to full strength and more then the tips of the leaves burn the nutes are too strong and you need to back off on the strength untill only the tippy tips are burnt no more then the tips,
i hope you understand this, its early and im super tired still.,.. but basicaly start off 1/4 strength and work up to full strength and keep an eye on the plants they will tell you if thats too much food or not enough food for them... like i said some strains are heavy feeders and some are light feeders, White Widow for example tends to be a light feeder, infact alot of the white strains tend to be light feeders, where as something like Skunk #1 or this strain my buddy has called Sticky, wish i knew what breeder he got the sticky seeds from, zomg amazing buds,,, anywho back on track so this sticky plant is a stupidly heavy feeder, my buddy when he started growing Sticky he searched for that feeding sweet spot where the plants eat as much as they can without more then the tips of the leaves burning, well he never found it, gave up infact lol, after pumping the nutes up to 3x full strength and still NOT burning the tips he gave up on finding out how much he can push into the plant without burnt tips, but 3 times full strength thats alot of nutes and he didnt wanna use more nutes so stopped at 3x strengthm but if you ask me im sure it could tolerate 4x strength but then again that is alot of nutes, and quite expensive feedings.
so pretty much we cant tell you how much your plants will tolerate thats something you will have to experiment with on your own, just keep track of how much you feed and make adjustments accordingly based on your plants reactions to the specific strength of nutes used to feed.,

i'm feeding 1/2 then 3/4 each feeding then if they look like they need more i'll do more

half strength then 3 quarter? are you watering twice each time? im confused with what you said there, like i said start out low and work your way up over time,

so U would go a 1/4 then work my way up,, yes n watering in between the nutrients, n the plant still look good

Morning to all and to all a good morning.

what ever your most recent nute amount fed was stick with it and go up from there untill your at full strength, it usualy takes me a couple of weeks to get from 1/4 to full strength, just keep doing what ever your doing in terms of working up to full strength, if the plant isnt showing burnt tips your fine, just keep going till you reach full strength and if you wish you can push to find the sweet spot where the tippy tips burn ever so slightly. not everyone pushes to find the sweet spot but it can be helpful in the plant reaching is max potential for its conditions, its all really up to you but remember you are using salt cleated chemical nutes, for the most part besides Big Bloom, so dont get carried away or youll end up with some serious salt build up that can and will harm your final results, so if you do decide to push to find that sweet spot you may want to do a flush before you move them into flower and start feeding flower nutes to help wash out any already built up salt deposits so it doesnt get worse to the point of effecting the health of your plants. im growing organic now so i dont flush at all, but there are still alot of people around here who use synthetic chemical nutes and alot of them do a mid grow flush when moving from veg to flower, that way late in flower you dont have salt build ups. other then that id just keep up what ever your doing unless the plants say otherwise.

here's n update with pick,,, I know before U say anything, that the tips of the top leaves r burnt, I skip a couple days ,, when I shouldn't,, I did n't know the plant would grow so fast100_1680.JPG the Prozack is he plant , that's got the burn't tips, cause it was toughing the t5's,, but the Cheese wreck look good

Latest posts

Back