Tips of new clones turning downward but look healthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pontiff

Reaction score
The leaves of these new clones are turning downward.. they seem healthy otherwise and are starting to grow nicely. The medium has fertilizer in it (as it did last year) but as with everything I suspect that may be the cause?

as a first measure I was going to remove the food from the water (i have a 200l garbage bin) and replace with straight water, up the watering to 2-3 minutes a day, back that up with hand watering, just to try and remove some of the buildup of nutes in the medium (if that is indeed the case)

is that a good start? they look healthy other than that and are sprouting new shoots all over the place so they're not being adversely affected by whatever it is, i just thought I would check now while they are still young and it can be corrected, before it gets too far along and causes larger issues that will be harder to control and contain.

1. How tall are your plants now?
About 20cms or so

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently?
Outdoor

3. How old are they?
As a clone they are about 4 weeks old.... been planted for 2 weeks

4. What strain are they?
No idea to be honest

5. Did you start them from seed or clone?
Clone.. very successful parents

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons?
Very large pots with holes in the bottom.. Not sure the exact litreage.. I think about 40 litre

WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?

7. Dirt?
Coco Peat.. same as was used last year with success

8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use?
Cocopeat 100%
9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"?
The medium has a slow release fertiliser in it from the factory... same as what I used last year without issue however.

10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any?
NA
11. Hydroponic?
Outdoor

SOIL FERTS?

25. What brand? What mix? What strength?
Same ferts that I used last time but in very low dose.. I'll check to be sure, but about 1/4 strength

26. How often, and when was the last time?
fed on Mon, Wed and Fri for 1 minute. medium is moist under the surface.

ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE GROW AREA

29. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow?
2x30cm fans running in greenhouse to circulate air, shade mat doors.

30. If so, what do you use?
as above
31. Do you use a fan?
as above
32. What type of fan and where is it pointed? What speed?
one at top and one at bottom of house, on medium

33. Temperature of the grow area?
Depends on the day outside but not extreme on any end of the scale
34. Humidity of the grow area?
Not sure but not enough to worry the process I wouldn't think

35. Is CO2 being introduced? What method?
No
36. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)?
No
37. Do you use LST? HST?
Ya Wha?

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

just a little nute burn, nothing to be too worried about. Give them a good flush and get some name brand nutes to use and follow their feeding program for newly rooted clones or seedlings. I would say check your ph after the flush and adjust it accordingly. Like I have told a million members here I always burn the tips of my younglings. I can't seem to help myself, they always turn out fine and never miss a beat. Once they establish a solid root structure I go full boar on the nutes.

Hi there,

Yeah.. cool.. thats what I thought.. I have flushed out all the feed and gone back to straight water until they are a little more established like you say. gave them a really good hand water tonight. ill leave it for a few weeks until they kick on a bit more then go back to nutes.

Cheers for the re-assurance

No problem. Just stay away from time released nutes like MG or off the shelf home depot stuff. They are several lines of nutes like GH and fox farm which are very affordable and will give you excellent results. I myself am an Advanced guy, if you have the money to spend they are the best and their customer service is hands down the best in the business. You can get feeding charts and alot info on plant diagnosis right off their site.

Latest posts

Back