A.k.a. Greenybeanymeany Grow #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have bad experiences with ph meters, I would not advise you to get anything in the 40$ range. For ppm, it's fine, you could probably get one in the 20-30$ and work fine for a long time, but with PH you need to get lucky, or buy something of higher standard like in the 150-200$ or do what I did and give up on PH meters altogether. I use a certain brand of ph drop tests that works great for me. I have a thread about it there>> http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70819 it might help you decide ;)

i have bad experiences with ph meters, I would not advise you to get anything in the 40$ range. For ppm, it's fine, you could probably get one in the 20-30$ and work fine for a long time, but with PH you need to get lucky, or buy something of higher standard like in the 150-200$ or do what I did and give up on PH meters altogether. I use a certain brand of ph drop tests that works great for me. I have a thread about it there>> http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70819 it might help you decide ;)
I'll be checking those out online [emoji6]

I noticed even the high dollar ones had mixed reviews, like they ship out duds or something. Its hard to want to shell out 100 bucks on something, when 1 out of 5 people are saying its junk, or saying it lasted a week or a month

Just found out that two out of the three CFLs I'm using were rated 1450 lumens and the other 1600, and I have more of the 1600, but I also realized they were 5000k instead of 6500k that the lower lumen ones put out. Should I stick with the lower lumens and 6500k for now or just go ahead and swap with the 1600 lumen and 5000k.

I will be putting more lights in very soon, but just wondering which would be more important at the moment, or which would be better.

I mean, the difference in lumens would be 300, and I'm just not sure if that is worth the drop in the spectrum or not.

I use 6,500k T5 bulbs for veggin... I would suggest using 6,500k CFL in that case, but I know not of what I'm talking about. :D

i like to have a mixture of light color temps but that may not be helpful. it just seems like giving them a broader spectrum might be good...

hi, I lived thru the cfl stage if you want some respected information on them look in my old thread reputable people lay out the info there for them. Fogey is right to full spectrum will "the quality of the spectrum is of influence too and will define the quality of the crop."

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64699

green mojo for ya hope you take a look in my thread it may help you figure some stuff out.

Schoolboy, my favorite bulb for veggin is the same T5 that dgf is talking about. I love them for veg. Your plant does look good. it is so good to have you and your sense of humor back.

That's what I'm thinking. They both say daylight and look the same to me, but I imagine the plant sees it much different than I do. And a 300 lumen differemce isn't really much at all.

I knew they did, but that was a little more science to me to understand it better[emoji12]

This app is weird, I didn't even realize I had other replies until now. Thank you guys for the input. I guess what I'll do is run to the store after some y adapters, if I can find any, and just use em all. A little 5000k and 6500k. Might as well make use of what I have.

np man i seen your join date, you have been around and I just felt the info I had was from people you may know already. Rather then me posting a response. I encourage you to take a peak at all my threads and everyone else :) this is a great place with great people just want to be one to help some someday :) Green mojo for ya man. It Can Be Done the cost of elc tho to run them bulbs and buy the ys. (THG set me straight) amazon has a great 600w hps for like 200$ wtv as soon as u have moneis to upgrade or the leds these peps run are only i think 250 per unit or wtv.
i'm in tho i'm bak i got a bowl will smoke and check bak GL :D
e/ and yes i T5 for veg/clone also, my cfls are in a box probably giving me cancer

Latest posts

Back