Cookies Kush Cabinet Grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherBoneHead

Reaction score
Hi everybody. It's been a while, but here we are again. I am growing 2- barneys farm cookies kush feminized seedlings. That are just about 3 weeks old. I am using fox farm ocean forrest for the first time. I am just using water at this time. For now I they are under 4 cfls with 6500k about 1" away from the tops. I topped the plants 3 days ago. New growth is showing. I think I have some nute burn which was expected using the fox farm soil in such an early stage. Grow cab is about 24x24x36. I have one passive intake and a cpu fan exhausting. One plant seems to be doing much better than the other. We will name that one Betty. The smaller one will be called Nancy. I'm not very happy with the internode spacing. They are about 1" apart. I am going to do some more topping, super cropping, and some lst to keep things short and bushy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for stopping in.

View attachment Screenshot_2015-04-12-16-54-04.jpg

View attachment Screenshot_2015-04-12-16-54-00.jpg

If you want to keep them short a T5 light would be better for vegging. I agree with you on the FFOF. Greenest of mojo to you and welcome to MP.

150 watt hps? Or a 250, but you may need better ventilation.

Would a 150 or 250 hps be better than any amount of cfls, t5, or led? 250 might be too much. Keeping as discreet as possible.

I dont know how your going to grow with only 3ft of headroom. thats mighty cramped. Goona have to Scrog or something.

I wrote a long thing about lighting in your other thread. Like Rosebud, I recommend T5s.

Your plant is stretching because you are underlit. And since you have so little headroom, this is a major issue that you really need to try and deal with now. So first order of business is more light. I talked about lighting needs in the other post. You are absolutely going to have to LST or scrog to have enough space. And I do wonder about having enough space with 3 plants. I had 2 plants scrogged in a space about 4 sq ft and it was really full.

Your other thread said that you only had 30" of headroom. If you do have 36" that 6" makes a big difference, but it will still be tough. A 250W HPS would not be too much light (not sure what you think stealth and light choice have to do with each other?). However, since prices are not that much different, what I would buy would be a 400W with a dimmable ballast. This way you can pick to run 200W or 300W or 400W. Most people find that they like to go bigger once they get into this growing thing. You will absolutely need a small air coolable hood or cool tube. Wish I could send you my DIY dual 150W--worked great for a 4 sq ft space...

I will take exact measurments of my cab tonight and let you know. you recommend a T5, there are so many options out there.....ill post dimensions tonight, thank you.

THG will get you setup Little Brother. To bad you cant grow in a closet or something.

Ill be honest, the fact that i can grow at all is enough for me. One day that will all change hopefully. But until then I will be greatfull for what I have.

I wrote a long thing about lighting in your other thread. Like Rosebud, I recommend T5s.

Your plant is stretching because you are underlit. And since you have so little headroom, this is a major issue that you really need to try and deal with now. So first order of business is more light. I talked about lighting needs in the other post. You are absolutely going to have to LST or scrog to have enough space. And I do wonder about having enough space with 3 plants. I had 2 plants scrogged in a space about 4 sq ft and it was really full.

Your other thread said that you only had 30" of headroom. If you do have 36" that 6" makes a big difference, but it will still be tough. A 250W HPS would not be too much light (not sure what you think stealth and light choice have to do with each other?). However, since prices are not that much different, what I would buy would be a 400W with a dimmable ballast. This way you can pick to run 200W or 300W or 400W. Most people find that they like to go bigger once they get into this growing thing. You will absolutely need a small air coolable hood or cool tube. Wish I could send you my DIY dual 150W--worked great for a 4 sq ft space...
I acually built one of your bake around tubes back in the day...worked great. With height issues and heat an issue, I think T5 will be my best bet. I can keep plant tops close to light, and still get some nice size flowers. Like I said earlier, I will post exact depth times width to see what T5 will fit best. :yay:

I don't want to discourage you, but I believe that you will find it virtually impossible to grow in a cabinet that it only 26" tall. I know the handicap you are under, but you are simply going to have to find something taller, grow outdoors, or wait. I can imagine no scenario where this will work, even with a lot of LST or a scrog. Plants just need a certain amount of vertical space and less than a foot growing space just will not do it.

No, that light is not enough. You have 3.43 sq ft. You need 10,300 lumens for vegging and 17,150 for flowering. That puts out 8000 lumens. You would need an 8 bulb light to adequately cover your space.

I don't want to discourage you, but I believe that you will find it virtually impossible to grow in a cabinet that it only 26" tall. I know the handicap you are under, but you are simply going to have to find something taller, grow outdoors, or wait. I can imagine no scenario where this will work, even with a lot of LST or a scrog. Plants just need a certain amount of vertical space and less than a foot growing space just will not do it.

No, that light is not enough. You have 3.43 sq ft. You need 10,300 lumens for vegging and 17,150 for flowering. That puts out 8000 lumens. You would need an 8 bulb light to adequately cover your space.
24 x 24 x 18 is 2 x 2 x1.5. That's 6 square feet right? Also my pots are 5" tall that leaves 21" minus the lights and space between. I have seen cpu tower grows and that's way smaller than my area. Now I'm on a mission.

Put some weather stripping around cabinet doors to block light from escaping. Now the cpu fan is a lot louder. Why and how do I quiet it?

1st off you said 26x19,,that is why THG said,,less then 4sf.
24x24 is 4sf not 6sf. Your figuring Cubic Feet.
Eather way,,,you dont have enough headroom.
Also the light above is 24 and 3/8",which is longer then your 24" grow space.

I'm sorry...I have fat fingers. It's 26 wide 26 tall and 19 deep. 26x 26x 19/1728 = 7.43. That's almost 7.5 cu feet. This light that The Hemp Godess recommended ... [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Light-8lamps-DL828S-Fluorescent-Hydroponic/dp/B00NMX5EGC/[/ame] This light will fit my 26 x 19 foot print.
Will take up 4" of height plus 2" for plant distance plus 6" pots. That leaves me with 14". I placed a scrog screen 2" above the top of the pots. So I should have 12" for cola to grow. I can also tie them down on thier sides if needed. The lights on its way. Also I fugured out why the fan was making noise. It was touching the side of the cab.

Latest posts

Back