Outside Columbian Red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smoky anda bandit said:
Grand daddy growin some old school, good luck daddy!

YES I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT RED BUD> THAT WAS THE PRIME WEED BACK IN MY DAY:holysheep: WHEN THAT HIT TOWN EVERYONE WAS EXCITED:bump: YOU JUST HAD TO COME UP WITH THE $35.00 FOR THAT OZ. NOW THAT MAY SOUND CHEAP BUT I THINK IN THE EARLY 70's MINIMUM WAGE WAS SOMTHING LIKE $2.10 AN HOUR :doh: THATS WHY MOST PEOPLE USED TO GET AVERAGE MEXICAN FOR $15.00 TO $20.00 A LIDD OR ABOUT 3 OR 4 FINGERS IN THE BAG :eek:
:bong1: THE GOOD OLD DAYS SMOKEN THE
:smoke1: RED-BUD :afroweed:

The girls made it through the Tropical Storm. I went out yesterday and seen pop-corn buds starting allover.
Lots of yellowing leaves gave some nutrients hope that helps no bugs maybe to much rain. ANY THOUGHTS ON THE YELLOW ???

012.jpg 015.jpg

014.jpg 013.jpg

016.jpg

Pulling up a chair, hope one of those gators dosen't come by. Great looking plants GDT. I remember when the columbian craze started in the seventies....it was like... what every one was looking for. Real fine looking plants you have there. Sometimes to much water will make yellow leaves, have had that problem myself. But i am not an expert.

^what he said on the water. Too much looks makes them go yellow. They will green up when they dry out and then take off again. Better then where I am. We have not had measurable rainfall in over a month. I like to go hiking but not going every two days to keep my ghani's alive.

GrandDaddyToke said:

There is a lake right by them for water but lots of Gators some in the 12 foot range so I need to be very careful when watering.:holysheep: :shocked:

Gators? Wow! You make my padlock look useless!!! :D

Best of wishes with your grow.... We are pulling a chair on this one!

CZ

Yep the yellow leaves are probably from too much water and not enough sun.

How much light a day are they getting?Sometimes the sun will move through the sky over a few months.Before too long plants that once had plenty of sun will no longer get enough light to sustain so much foliage,then they start to look just like that.Always an excuse to break out the old chainsaw:headbang2:

time4tokin20s said:
Yep the yellow leaves are probably from too much water and not enough sun.

How much light a day are they getting?Sometimes the sun will move through the sky over a few months.Before too long plants that once had plenty of sun will no longer get enough light to sustain so much foliage,then they start to look just like that.Always an excuse to break out the old chainsaw:headbang2:

The days seem to be getting shorter.
I planted one plant that gets sun from 9 till 6 and the other 2 get all morning sun 8 till 2.
When it was full summer they got a lot more sun.
I need to go out this weekend and trim the Brazilian pepper trees around them so the get the most they can get till finish!!
I am really looking forward to this Bud.:bongin: :joint:
I have not smoked any Columbian Red since the early 70's.:afroweed: :beatnik:
Looking forward to a big fat blunt :hubba: :hubba:

yeah,i remember those days myself.used to buy an oz for 12 bucks,good stuff to.everybody i used to buy from would let you make your own bag.just all you could get into a sandwich baggie.sure ain't that way now,is it?lol

My Son went out to check on the girls and he brought back these nasty pictures!!
I found out he had put some dry water release nutrients on the plants back 3 weeks or so :holysheep:
With all these storms, rain, and I think not enough light 2 of them may be shot but 1 looks like I may get some Bud

I harvested my indoor AK47 this week and I sure can't cry on this grow :hubba:
If you have time check out the pictures on page 7 and 8!!

001.jpg 002.jpg

003.jpg 004.jpg

Hey Buddy, thought i'd stop in and see how the Red's a doin'...Too bad about the young buck's mistake, but we all have to learn somehow ...I'm sure you'll have a decent little harvest from these girls...of course i don't see how it could compare after seeing those fatt AK ladies :D ...Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN...

Be sure and let us know, no matter how big or small your harvest, how good the finished product is. I wonder if it will be real stony like the Red Bud I remember? I remember when the War On Drugs started and our government made it much more difficult to smuggle in marijuana (Other drugs too) from Mexico and South America (So, the Columbians started smuggling in more cocaine instead). It was at this time, during the early eighties that I last laid my eyes upon Columbian Red Bud. I was really brought down by the whole thing. Even to this day I bemoan the disappearance of Red Bud.

I had to pay more than $12.00 an ounce though. For us it was about $30.00-$35.00 an ounce. It had seeds (Remember cleaning your pot on an album cover?), but in my opinion it was every bit as good as the sinsemilla we smoke today. Boy, did it ever make the eyes red; it made them bright tomato red. It was a very psychedelic.

Good luck man, I hope you get some good smoke from your effort.

I think I have seen pictures of something like it before. It was a medium thick bud coated with fluffy red hairs wrapped all around like the kind of dark red color that some people have for hair. I guess like a natural auburn. You could not even see any of the green.

GrandDaddyToke! Man, it's been along time since I had some Columbia Red Bud, your a lucky guy!! They are looking good, keep us posted!!

I cant wait to see some of that red bud, im getting anxious, how about you? lol

Hey GDT, hows it comin' along with this Columbian Red eh??? sounds like it's a pretty hyped strain...too bad i wasn't around for those days :( ...Ah, well hope to see an update on her soon...till then ...Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN...

Latest posts

Back