How to keep a female for the next growing season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grower13

Reaction score
What is the best way to keep a cut of that special female in your garden for the next growing season? Needs to be easy and low maintenance. Stealthy was well. the smaller the better.

I remember an old post about keeping clone in the fridge. 4u looked it up a while back maybe hit him up. I don't remember all the details.

Grower13 said:
What is the best way to keep a cut of that special female in your garden for the next growing season? Needs to be easy and low maintenance. Stealthy was well. the smaller the better.

"IMO/E".. cfl's, low feed, and regular trimming/pruneing to keep it sized ;)
clones can only be kept in stasis in the fridge for a few weeks, at best I believe.

Hick said:
clones can only be kept in stasis in the fridge for a few weeks, at best I believe.
I think I recall reading that others have had reported success in keeping them in the fridge for much longer in the post the LJ is referencing, I believe.

That may be Hamsters thread. He kept them in the refrigerator for a month.

For me, I can only keep them in the fridge for at most around 3-4weeks. I think they could go longer if you gave them a little attention and opened and closed the bag they are in and let them breathe every couple of days. But, ime, anything over 3 weeks was pushing it.

If you are after identical genetics I would recommend re-vegging it (as opposed to crossing it with itself).

Hick said:
:yeahthat:

Clones in the fridge for a month, perhaps slightly longer, but not from one season to the next.

I do the same as Hick, but with T-12's instead of cfl. *Clone* lighting works well to keep a plant alive and slow growing along with the other techniques.

Wet

If you have to, you can just keep a clone in a bonsai style grow and keep in veg until it gets unmanagable, then clone it again.

Hushpuppy said:
If you have to, you can just keep a clone in a bonsai style grow and keep in veg until it gets unmanagable, then clone it again.

:yeahthat: Clone from the clone...and if you have to bud the one out...well, then you get the bonus of smoke as well!

Latest posts

Back