hmm...Can't get the seeds to grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserKittensGoPewPew

2 string maestro
Reaction score
I germinated my bagseed that I have now and 2 of the 4 cracked open and a small taproot was showing. I placed the seeds in the soil about 3/4-1" down and lightly buried them. Then I gave them some sprays with my spray bottle. My first plant, the day after I buried the seed it broke the surface. I've had these buried for about 5 days and they haven't come up. I actually uncovered them to see what was up and I saw that the roots hadn't grown out anymore. The seed looked exactly the same as it did when I put I first put it in. Can someone tell me what is going on here? Should I let the taproots grow longer before putting them into the soil? This is like the easiest part and for some reason I can't get it to work smoothly everytime.

hmm who knows? can seedlings go into shock at such a young age? if so maybe there just stunted for a lil and will come up soon. id just leave them alone and see what happens

I was wondering about that myself. I use tweezers to pick them up because I don't want to use my fingers and possibly get finger oils on the root. Not sure if I damaged them or not by using the tweezers though.

yea i feel what your saying. this is deff a interesting topic tho. hopefully someone who knows about this will show up soon : ) good luck tho bro

Get yourself some jiffy pellets. Pop em in and bobs yer uncle.

And I just add some water and let the roots establish? Or do I bury it into the soil afterwards?

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
I germinated my bagseed that I have now and 2 of the 4 cracked open and a small taproot was showing. I placed the seeds in the soil about 3/4-1" down and lightly buried them. Then I gave them some sprays with my spray bottle. My first plant, the day after I buried the seed it broke the surface. I've had these buried for about 5 days and they haven't come up. I actually uncovered them to see what was up and I saw that the roots hadn't grown out anymore. The seed looked exactly the same as it did when I put I first put it in. Can someone tell me what is going on here? Should I let the taproots grow longer before putting them into the soil? This is like the easiest part and for some reason I can't get it to work smoothly everytime.

One fact you planted them 300 to 400 % to deep. Plant seeds 2 to 3 times their diameter or 1/4" that's a lot of fighting for a seed to go through to see warmth and light. Reason for no growth when you peaky booed at them was they there not feeling any warmth and enough moisture (not a lot) to come up. If you have more seeds try to germinate the PPM way and then plant em as above. The roots will pull themselves down to good anchor points as they grow into beautiful ladies for you.:eek:

PPM way, parts per million "i presume". can you go into that method DLA?
cheers:48:

are you planting directly to soil ?

I germinated my bagseed that I have now and 2 of the 4 cracked open and a small taproot was showing.
I placed the seeds in the soil about 3/4-1" down and lightly buried them.

I germinate right in the soil too but only put a tiny bit of soil over the seed....about the depth of the seed itself and keep it very moist.

Then I gave them some sprays with my spray bottle. My first plant, the day after I buried the seed it broke the surface. I've had these buried for about 5 days and they haven't come up. I actually uncovered them to see what was up and I saw that the roots hadn't grown out anymore. The seed looked exactly the same as it did when I put I first put it in. Can someone tell me what is going on here? Should I let the taproots grow longer before putting them into the soil? This is like the easiest part and for some reason I can't get it to work smoothly everytime.

Now I'm confused...are you germinating directly in the soil or are you germinating in paper towels, then putting them in soil?

Growing Marijuana revolves around the saying, "Patience is a virtue", don't forget that. Alot of growers tell me that same thing, so why do you try to "speed" up the most important phase of the plants life. Alot of things can go wrong while attempting to Hydro-Germinate your seeds. Just do it natural, how they would do it out in the wild.......EARTH+WATER+SEED=LIFE.

Rehab is for Quitters said:
I germinate right in the soil too but only put a tiny bit of soil over the seed....about the depth of the seed itself and keep it very moist.
Thats how I've been doing it for years. Out of the estimated 326 seeds I have germinated, 97% have cracked seed. Its simple, takes more time(2 more days) but hardly ever fails if done right.

shuggy4105 said:
PPM way, parts per million "i presume". can you go into that method DLA?
cheers:48:

That's an oops should be PTM Paper Towel Method. I think that you said you had gotten them to germinate. So if you can do that your OK just don't bury them in China and think they'll grow to your house.:D

its easer if you use paper towel to germinate on a plastic container get your paper geted wet put your seeds in ther and cover them with another wwet paper towel wen you wet your towel doit with warm water and after you cover them cover your cointainer with a lid after 2 to 3 day you see

I've done the paper towel method before and it worked fairly well. I tried this cup of water method and it also works well. Didn't know I was putting them in too deep. I'll fix that now and hope it works.

Latest posts

Back