Trying to know how often i can smoke marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zem

Reaction score
I had smoked for 10 years wake n'bake up until 8 1/2 months ago, when i decided i should put an end to my uncontrollable usage. actually the last 2-3 years of heavy smoking were the worst, when i couldn't enjoy it anymore, only smoked to keep me from psychological withdrawal. first i quit for about 20 days then had a few puffs with friends almost weekly, time passed and i started smoking like 3-4 times a week, then stop for a week and so on. my problem comes when i smoke every night for like 2 consecutive weeks, then i will have this anxiety which is the same feeling i had when i first quit, only much milder, like a reminder not to go back there. after that i usually would stop for 10-15days then smoke some again.
i am still trying to find my dosage, and more importantly, stick to it! when i say i want to smoke only on sunday night, i would usually find myself smoking more often. my main concern is the negative effects it has on ME. i am sick of having these vivid nightmares, i consider this to be the worst side effect! also i am sick of nausea the first day after i quit the 2 weeks of smoking. yes this still happens but as i said much milder than when i quit my heavy abuse.

i would like to hear from experienced MODERATE users, how often is it right for you? and were you ever a wake n'bake then moved successfully to occasional? i am most of the time happy with what i have done so far, i mean i can't be called an addict when my average use for the past 9 months would be like 3 days off one day on, and only at late night time when i have no deeds at all. however, i think 9 months is not a short time, and i worry i will remain in this stage forever, maybe never be able to live easy with it and not thinking of smoking every day. i want to develop the new habit of occasional smoking, i don't want to have to abstain forever, since going back to daily is no option for me. i am still trying to find the right frequency of smoking without having negative effects... any thoughts? :D

LOL--moderation is a relative term. What is right for me is not for another. I smoke daily, but it does not affect my life adversely.

Do all strains make you anxious? I think some do that more then others. Only you know what works for you. I wish you luck figuring this out. Do you know your not physically addicted to pot? Only psychologically dependent?

Not to sound harsh, but I doubt you'll find any or many here who can relate to your symptoms or who qualify as "moderate smokers" based on your definition. If something made me feel that bad, I'd avoid it. I love my smoke. It's a rare day (usually just too busy) when I don't burn at least one.

I notice that you have omitted any reference to the benefits you get from smoking? I was confused by your reference to "psychological withdrawal". Is there any chance you've got a psychological or psychiatric condition and if so, are you on prescription meds? I feel there's more going on here than you've told us.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--moderation is a relative term. What is right for me is not for another. I smoke daily, but it does not affect my life adversely.
thats so true, thats why i'm trying to finding MY right dosage. when you quit for some time don't you get these crazy vivid dreams?

Rosebud said:
Do all strains make you anxious? I think some do that more then others. Only you know what works for you. I wish you luck figuring this out. Do you know your not physically addicted to pot? Only psychologically dependent?
all kinds of weed i smoke cause this to me but only after some time of daily use. how can i be physically addicted if it's not physically addictive?

OldHippieChick said:
Not to sound harsh, but I doubt you'll find any or many here who can relate to your symptoms or who qualify as "moderate smokers" based on your definition. If something made me feel that bad, I'd avoid it. I love my smoke. It's a rare day (usually just too busy) when I don't burn at least one.

I notice that you have omitted any reference to the benefits you get from smoking? I was confused by your reference to "psychological withdrawal". Is there any chance you've got a psychological or psychiatric condition and if so, are you on prescription meds? I feel there's more going on here than you've told us.
the benefits i get from smoking are basically relaxation and more fun and laughter, more at ease etc... psychological withdrawal i meant by it the anxiety and the increased tension and the crazy vivid dreams. no i'm not on any prescription meds thank god, there's nothing more i guess, i'm quite normal actually :) i went to a doc once, she asked me many questions all were negative so i guess my only issue is finding my right dosage.

OldHippieChick said:

the benefits i get from smoking are basically relaxation and more fun and laughter, more at ease etc... psychological withdrawal i meant by it the anxiety and the increased tension and the crazy vivid dreams. no i'm not on any prescription meds thank god, there's nothing more i guess, i'm quite normal actually :) i went to a doc once, she asked me many questions all were negative so i guess my only issue is finding my right dosage.

come to think of it, hashish has never given me anxiety, i don't mean the hash coming from our weed, the imported type ones that are grown in fields, seeded and powdered with special nets, it has less of a head high more of a body relaxation. this type of hashish cannot be smoked as bud because it tastes nasty, very heavy and will not get you high (i tried it) lol it has to be extracted. i may need some mild pure indica strain which is tasty and doesnt get me very high....

i have lost all tolerance to weed, yesterday night i thought i would have couple small joints and i mean small less than 1/2 gram, after the first i was fine and high, but after the 2nd one i was so high i couldn't stay focused, i really was spinning and i knew that if i don't sleep it off i would throw up, so i closed my eyes and slept, today i woke up with a strong headache, had it all day. otherwise, it's great to get so high whenever i smoke, i like to have the full effects of smoking, and i couldn't get as high when i used to smoke a lot. i am smoking twice a week on average, still want to do it less often, but what can i say, i love weed and its effect, i try to smoke at a pace where i don't get negative effects and take the maximum positive effects from it. really, try take a 15 day break and then smoke, you would be happyyyyyy :)

Even though I smoke all the time, I never smoke a couple of joints. When I smoke it only takes me 1 or 2 hits and I'm baked. Maybe you can try smoking less when you do smoke. Instead of reducing frequency I would try reducing quantity.

I know my tolerance is ramped up big time....I probably shld take a break for at least a week but it is kinda hard with so much dank on hand right now.
During the work week I only smoke after work...getting high before or during work is not an option in my line of work.

nova564t said:
Even though I smoke all the time, I never smoke a couple of joints. When I smoke it only takes me 1 or 2 hits and I'm baked. Maybe you can try smoking less when you do smoke. Instead of reducing frequency I would try reducing quantity.
you have a point there, i only smoked 1/2gram in 2 joints, come to think of it, i would have been happier if i didn't smoke the 2nd one. next time i will smoke just one :) but i don't know when it will be, hopefully soon

Hamster Lewis said:
I know my tolerance is ramped up big time....I probably shld take a break for at least a week but it is kinda hard with so much dank on hand right now.
During the work week I only smoke after work...getting high before or during work is not an option in my line of work.
at first you would probably need more than a week maybe 2 before you lose tolerance, then you would need to keep smoking light not to get your tolerance back. it could be hard to have so much dank and not smoke it at first, but with some time it will be easier. i have many full jars right now but i only smoke when i chose to :) it took some time for me to get there but i'm happy with the fact that i can keep it in my drawer and not smoke it if i don't want to. you might want to store it somewhere else away from your place for some time, this will make it easier, i actually had to get rid of my stash when i first decided to quit cuz i couldn't do it with my weed around, then it became easy... just a thought

I smoke like a chimney...seriously. Went through 5 oz of the Kandy Kush and Pineapple Express in 3 weeks...and love it!~ My desire was to be able to light one up whenever the urge struck me, I am now able to and loving that!

Work coming up soon, seasonal job (golf course)...and yes, I mow high!! :)

LOL is right. Been there. THG is right bout moderation.

I smoke 3-5 times a day up to 20 down to 1. Smoke as you see fit and for the love of god get a hobby before you become depressed or worse

Roddy said:
I smoke like a chimney...seriously. Went through 5 oz of the Kandy Kush and Pineapple Express in 3 weeks...and love it!~ My desire was to be able to light one up whenever the urge struck me, I am now able to and loving that!

Work coming up soon, seasonal job (golf course)...and yes, I mow high!! :)
lol *** 5oz in 3 weeks thats like 6.6grams per day daaaamn! how can you finish them! in my heaviest smoking days i would go through 4 grams max! i had the same plan to be able to smoke as much as i could but eventually found me trying to finish my huge stash before i flowered the next and it was hopeless really, i had a flood of bud it became like a devotion to smoke lmao thought i should control this and use responsibly, but that's because it affected me negatively. i cannot be happy if i am stoned 24/7, but that's just me so...

OGKushman said:
LOL is right. Been there. THG is right bout moderation.

I smoke 3-5 times a day up to 20 down to 1. Smoke as you see fit and for the love of god get a hobby before you become depressed or worse
i got me several hobbies in fact, i don't know why you think i will become depressed, i believe i'm far from that, i believe that if someone becomes depressed when he quits, then he's only masking it with weed, but not solving it so he should solve the reasons of his underlying depression. my quitting caused me some side effects like anxiety and stress but no depression at all

zem said:
lol *** 5oz in 3 weeks thats like 6.6grams per day daaaamn! how can you finish them! in my heaviest smoking days i would go through 4 grams max! i had the same plan to be able to smoke as much as i could but eventually found me trying to finish my huge stash before i flowered the next and it was hopeless really, i had a flood of bud it became like a devotion to smoke lmao thought i should control this and use responsibly, but that's because it affected me negatively. i cannot be happy if i am stoned 24/7, but that's just me so...

I have help lmao! You and I seem to think differently, you want to use up all you have before producing more, I want to make it to the next harvest with some left over...I am a true addict in that I worry where the next joint will come from! :D

Latest posts

Back