High Heat Low Humidity

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THG, going to 106 next week. I think i will put the mister fan out there... I don't know how they can live but they do. thankful.

It's supposed to stay under 100 in my little corner of the Cali foothills for the next 10 days or so. It's actually been pretty mellow this year. We usually get at least one or two days of 110-115 but not yet that I recollect. Well we still got August to git thru...
I've been away from my girls for the last 5 days but get home this afternoon. Hopefully they survived my absence. I had set up automation to give them water at the halfway mark so we'll see.

Mine are under 6 mil plastic cover.. One near the top had begun to wilt a little.. Been hot as hell here in the PNW.. Near 100 everyday the last couple of weeks.. I placed a fan on them and within an hour they had totally recovered.. I think circulation is an important factor to consider. Hot, still air is bad news.. Just my opinion for what it's worth.. I think they can withstand excessive heat as long as they are getting good air movement.. Oh BTW my girls began flowering!! I'm so excited..

I know it is stupid hot. If it weren't for the smoke we would be 104.. but it is just 100 now. I keep thinking of putting a fan out there and it makes me think of a convection oven... I am glad it cools down a bit at night.
Mine have hit the flower stretch. we are at about 15 hours of day light, it should be happening. I would think the plastic would make it hotter?
Good luck all you PNW folks.

Light here is down to 14hr 44min.. Maybe its a little hotter under there but with a fan when it's scorching hot out they do well. The plastic is not only a cover but also my protection from the wind as it can be very breezy here in the evenings. Last year one of my plants took a beating just prior to flower so I thought I would put a canopy I made over them the entire season.. Plastic didn't seem to make any difference in sunlight penetration because they are as robust as last year's plants and taller. Peace ) happy growing!

Latest posts

Back