male plants??? bud amount?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nameless

Reaction score
ok so im not sure if my plant is a male or not but its getting pretty big and i was wondering if it does end up being a male what would be a good estimate on the amount of bud it would grow?
thanks alot

well....you need to not think so negatively or you'll affect it and it will be male, these plants are sensative ya know! JK

you'll know around 6 weeks or if you clone and flower

No offense but Males=Pollen, negligible amounts of THC and Females=Risen, higher THC. Males are usually discarded unless you plan to do seed reproduction.

male no buds female good stuff males are good to make seeds and hash since male dont produce as much as thc as the females is no good to smoke thats why you have to make hash what means thc in a more consentrated form

ya i have done research and i knew that males dont grow alot of bud but i just heard a rumor that if u had a male plant that you shouldnt kill it because its still valuable in smokable ways

could some one please show me a reputable reference that says your can smoke a male plant while intaking THC. and for those of you that are going through the trouble of smoking that is real bud really that difficult to come buy in your area?

trichnut said:
could some one please show me a reputable reference that says your can smoke a male plant while intaking THC. and for those of you that are going through the trouble of smoking that is real bud really that difficult to come buy in your area?
looks like i was able to ansuer my own question. a quote from wikipedia-
Because THC production drops off once pollination occurs, the male plants (which produce little THC themselves) are eliminated before they shed pollen to prevent pollination.

however I still disagree greatly with smoking a male plant. if you are going to start from seed then start 3 or 4 seeds so you will have a good chance of having atleast 1-2 strong females.

Hey, they will give you a small buzz. You could save them for hard times:D.

good luck with your males it just to much work for nothing that space that the male is in it can be a female there

ya thanks alot im not sure if my plant is male or not yet i was just wondering if it did end up being male was their ne use for it

every time i grow i put more plants in the space than i need so that when they start getting strong I can take out the runts and only grow with the strongest plants. in your case since you're planting from seed this would especially benefit you.

ya thanks alot i think im pretty good on space though cuz i only have six plants right now and 3 of them are just sprouts

Yank the males and smoke them. The males don't have as much thc but some strains are fairly potent. If it is weak weed the males will be good for rope only. They don't taste as good as females but they will get you by in a pinch.

Latest posts

Back