The Chat Room Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stoney Bud

Hello everyone,

There seems to be a lot of people here on the group who are unaware of the site rules in relation to the chat room.

The site rules are linked to from the green menu bar at the top of each page of the forum. It's the link that says "Site Rules".

The rules are simple and straightforward; "The below rules apply to both the forum areas AND the chat room."

During this weekend, I spent a lot of time observing the chat room. I've discovered that lots of people think it's ok to cuss any time they wish in chat, just because it's not censored. This is a perfect example of why the censoring has to be done in the main forums. Left to their own, a few members will cuss like crazy of not censored.

The chat room is shared by all the members and no one should have to feel that they can't come in because of the language used in chat.

I'm asking everyone to moderate themselves in chat. If the chat room is abused, the owner of the site has made it clear that he will just take it off the site.

So, the choices are:

1. Moderate yourselves in chat and make it a nice place to go without cussing, flaming and bashing of other members.

2. Chat will no longer be available to anyone.

Easy decision I think.

If anyone observes someone abusing chat, please PM Marpassion or any of the Mods. We'll contact the person who is abusing it and do what is necessary to end the problem.

Frankly, I don't see why it's a problem. We're all over 18 and capable of talking without cussing and attacking other people.

Let's all just do that.

To all of you that don't do anything like that in chat, I'm sorry that this has even become an issue.

A few people are likely to ruin it for everyone on the site.

Without your help, we can't control what happens in chat. As I said above, if it continues to be a problem, the owner, (Marpassion), has said he will just remove it from the site.

Please, lets not make that necessary.

Thank you,

Stoney.

Stoney i am bad about cussing in chat... However I didn't realize that the no cussing rule applied there too. Seems to me like yall are taking this cussing thing a little to far though. However alas.. i will abide by the rules cause i like it here.

I should of read the rules more carefully.
Anyways...

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Seems to me like yall are taking this cussing thing a little to far though.

Here's another way to look at it Mr. Wakenbake; If there are no rules on cussing, or if we just say "some" cussing is ok and some not, then where do you put the line? If someone wants to say one cuss word, how can you say they can't if someone else can use another one? One person recently told another person in chat that they could perform oral sex on them because of a silly argument over the Beatles. Should this be allowed for everyone? Does everyone talk that way and enjoy it? No, they do not. Only very rude people talk that way among a group of people who they have never met. Women were in the room at the time. Several members complained about that very incident as well as others.

There are lots of people in the world who do not like to cuss. Why should they have to put up with something that really bothers them if people can get the same exact point across without the use of cussing?

We now have over six thousand people on this group from as many as 15 different countries. Some cuss words are really, really insulting in other countries that are accepted in yet other countries. Shall we tell everyone in some countries that they can't join out group if they can't handle something that insulting to them as some words or phrases are? Why would we do that if we can just all not use those types of words or phrases. Common politeness is the same in every country on the globe. You can speak politely to anyone, anywhere and it's accepted. In some countries, certain phrases that are accepted in the USA and elsewhere can be answered by killing you....legally. Referring to someones ancestors in an obscene, sexual way in some countries will be the last thing you do...literally.

I've noticed mostly among the USA members that they think they are the only country represented here. That's simply not the case here. We must all behave in a manner that is acceptable in ALL THE COUNTRIES represented here. We're sort of a mini-U.N. .

Do you know how the new member who just joined from Croatia thinks of obscene comments about his Mother? No? Neither do I. It may be something that would severly insult him. Why would you have to use it in polite conversation? You don't. Yet one member felt that it was fine to use that phrase in chat this weekend among several other members. You can get exactly the same meaning across without the use of words that could insult people.

If you were going to write an article to a newspaper or magazine, would you also cuss in your article? If you did, almost all of them wouldn't print it. The reason for that is exactly the same reason that we do not allow it's use on this site.

Think about it. Just because this is a site for marijuana lovers, does that mean that we all must accept cussing? Does one mean the other?

If you think that all marijuana users are people who cuss all the time regardless of where they are, then you're helping the very people who try to make us all sound like villains.

Stereotyping people because of their liking marijuana isn't cool.

When women are around, I feel extremely uncomfortable when people use certain sexual words and comments. It's because I was raised to not talk that way around women. It's a general politeness thing.

Because a women likes to smoke pot, does that also mean that she wants to read a bunch of foul language? I think not.

This is why we have the rule. There is no way to "draw the line" on which words are ok and which are not.

Marpassion has always had the language filters in place on this site. When each of you joined, it was with the understanding that these filters would replace most cuss words with asterisks. If this bothers you, then why in the world would you stay? If you stay, then you accept the rules.

Politeness isn't something that you should turn off because you are here in this group. If anything, you should be more aware of it and use it among your friends both male and female here.

Thank you for agreeing to abide by the rules of the site. It will make the place a nicer place for everyone.

Mr.Wakenbake said:
There is a difference between being derrogatory and using cuss words to hurt someone. It is a total different story if a curse word is used casually. Like I said.. I don't like the rules, and I am sorry for offending anyone in chat.But i will abide by them stoney.

But there IS a difference..

The difference changes in a lot of other countries....Not everyone thinks the same about it as you do. In some countries, casual cussing is insulting as well.

So far, we have 15+ countries here.

hehe, we could debate this forever of course...

Well spoken Stoney, It takes no talent what so ever to cuss, real class is doing one's best to learn to articulate what you desire to say. Beautiful words will always catch everyone's attention.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Yea im bad for cussing also... but its never like i am cussing at someone.. its more like in casual chat i use them as conjoining adjectives.... for instance..

Mr.WakenBake: You can get superthrive at walmart

Ya dig???

Mr.Wakenbake said:
Stoney i am bad about cussing in chat... However I didn't realize that the no cussing rule applied there too. Seems to me like yall are taking this cussing thing a little to far though. However alas.. i will abide by the rules cause i like it here.

Anyways...

Wakenbake said exactly what I was going to. I guess I'm pretty bad about it myself, but never thought it was a big deal. No one ever acted like they were offended. Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone. I thought that because we WERE 18 things would be a little more lax. Oh well, I really like this place and will abide by the rules.

I'll abide. I love this place too much and I'd be terribly sad if chat got taken away.

Well, Before I end up looking to clean and proper, I will say that I have been known to conjugate a verb or two, but it really never set right with me so I just tried to avoid it.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Mr.Wakenbake said:

Anyways...

Also to add, this is not aimed at anyone. So do not take this that way.
We had someone log in under an alias and said something very bad (really bad) and upset one of our upstanding members just for that simple reason to be rude and hurtful. We are stuck in a "give em an inch and they'll take a mile" with a couple of members. (none of whom that replied here) So we just had to say no. If you look back 1-1 1/2 years ago, we were pretty relaxed about it all. but then like stoney said...it took one or two to ruin it for the lot. It's like a single hermie in a flower room with 10 gorgeous females. We all know what happens then.

The problem is that aliases on the chat will create a problem as well, so if your a member please use your forum name. That way if a problem arises we can easily deal with the situation. (weed out the hermie :p) Aliases can create a huge problem, all it takes is someone using the wrong alias and causing trouble for the upstanding members (just look at past history and we can tell fast). We all try to get along is all, with no fighting, aurguing, or anything. What's acceptable to one is not to another. There are plenty of times I wish I could just say a verb or two as it "fits" the situation, but I refrain. I look at who has had a complaint prior, but with aliases it makes it difficult. Plus with our member size it gets exponentially harder.

What you guys say in private chat or PM's is none of our business. Just on the public side. You can block members using the private chat. So if you want free speach keep it in PM's and private chat. We do not and cannot look or log those conversations. That is an invasion of privacy. ;)

just my 2 cents BUT THIS IS GOING WAY OVER BOARD I MEAN LOOK AT THIS I posted in my grow journal tell me anyone is this offencive to you????

hears some pics of lizzy think shes startin to flower idk tryed to get a close up didnt work to well on my ***** EDIT: Come on Kb. You know the rules...camrea lol

how is that going to offend some one saying i have a shitty camrea man??? whatever

I Really Want To Know Dose That Offend Anyone Please Speak Up
No I Dont Think It Will

Maby it is maby it isnt. They arnt asking for your opionion KB, there telling you whats gonna happen so deal with it.

Hey KB RULES are RULES. Thought i would write it big just in case you didn't see it. :p I'm gonna let you go back and edit your own post also.

They are making a n example of you kb... because you sometimes come into chat etc and act a fool...... so...make a fool of yourself get treated like a fool....

I don't why everyone is making such a big deal out of a bunch of words. It would different if they were direct attacks or demeaning someone else...

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Hey RULES are RULES. Thought i would write it big just in case you didn't see it.

Yo TBG just editted out a name. Think this sums it up for the whole thread. I'll repeat it for everyone to hear.

Hey RULES are RULES

Just click that link in my sig. if it's not understood. Thread closed.

Dude, are we to make an exception for just you or let everyone on the site start cussing when and if they want to?
Sorry man, we're just not going that route. How about if we all just chill with that thought?
We're not changing the site rules for just you or for everyone at once on cussing.
If you don't understand that, then perhaps this isn't the place for you. Personally, I sincerely hope that you choose to stay and just go with the rules as they are. What are you really sacrificing? You're a member of a site where you enjoy what the owner of the site gives away to you for free. That's what we all are.

If MarP wants his site free of cussing, then entrusts friends to help him keep the place completely polite, then why would I then try to change his thoughts about how he wants his site to be?

More than 6,000 people have chosen to become members here. Each of them have their own thoughts about what is something they'd like to hear or not, concerning cussing. Those who don't want to hear it have made themselves clear. Talking without cussing is such a small thing. Why do you have such a problem with it? The census of opinion on the subject is overwhelmingly against people cussing when they choose on this site.

The word that you're upset about is an impolite word to use in the general public. That's what we represent. The general public. If you don't understand that, then go into the next restaurant you find, wait until the person who seats you approaches you and say: "I'd like to come in here and have some of that **** you ************* serve here *******.

Watch how fast your evening will go downhill.

We, (the owner, us mods and most of the group), like it the way it is.

It's not going to change.

I'm very sorry to have to be this blunt to you, but you are the one who decided to post your opinions about how this site is run, in the public area. I'm doing nothing but following suit.

Please stay and please stop cussing.

That's the best way I know how to say it man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back