Info on Vapes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoof One

Connoisseur of Smoof
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just wanted to know if anyone has Vaporbrothers Vaporizer?
http://www.vaporbrothers.com/pages/products/vaporizers.html
I am thinking of purchasing one here soon and I would like to know how well it works and if any of the cannabis vaporized is wasted in using this product. I have heard pros and cons to vapes and the smokeless hits is the biggest pro in my book. I want to reduce tar and smoke. But at the same time I am poor and I dont want to have to be purchasing bud consistently to support my relaxation. A friend of mine told me that through vaporizing you are wasting 1/3 of your bud. The reason i guess is because bud with high trichome ratings are the most successful when using a vaporizer but at the same time he said that if bud is lacking then you are losing out on a prolonging of your high, versus smoking it with a pipe and lighter.

Any ideas, knowledge, please share!
Thank you
Smoof

Hey man. It's a good aim to go for, if you'd like to have some clean healthy highs, vaporizing is the way to go. I do not believe you lose 1/3 of the bud. I think that's a load of crap. From what i understand you get higher off smaller ammounts using a vaporizer. i've done some research on vaporizers some time ago. They are very interesting.

i say with the information that you'll read in my post and your liking of the "smokeless hit' pro that you will definately feel secure getting a vaporizer.

Below i'll post the link to an article, it's really complex and takes a lot of understanding. I fyou're high right now i don't recommend you reading this.

Pretty much they took 18 patiences and paid them to smoke vaporized weed for 6 days to test the results of vaporizing cannabis versus smoking cannabis.

======= LINK =========
http://www.nature.com/clpt/journal/v.../6100200a.html
====================

*- also if you're having trouble reading this or don't want to read this, here's a good cut out that should give you some comfort.-*

==================
Whereas smoking marijuana increased CO levels as expected for inhalation of a combustion product, there was little if any increase in CO after inhalation of THC from the vaporizer. This indicates little or no exposure to gaseous combustion toxins. Combustion products are harmful to health and reflect a major concern about the use of marijuana cigarettes for medical therapy as expressed by the Institute of Medicine. Although we did not measure other combustion products such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and oxidant gases, the observation of little or no CO exposure suggests little or no exposure to these other compounds. The vaporizer was well tolerated, with no reported adverse effects. Most subjects preferred the vaporizer compared to marijuana smoking, supporting its potential for medical therapy. Thus, the Volcano® is an acceptable system and may provide a safer way to deliver THC than smoking marijuana cigarettes.

In summary, we provide data indicating that the availability of THC delivered by the Volcano® vaporizer is comparable to that of marijuana cigarettes. Vaporization of marijuana does not result in exposure to combustion gases, and therefore is expected to be much safer than smoking marijuana cigarettes. The vaporizer was well tolerated and preferred by most subjects compared to marijuana cigarettes. The Volcano® device is an effective and apparently safe vehicle for THC delivery, and warrants further investigation in clinical trials of cannabis for medicinal purposes.
=======================================

Well i hope this post helped you brother, take care!!

~Burn One~
Dewayne

i sell vaporizers everyday, theres two options/choices. u either want something tthats gonna be easy to use or something u can play with. either or will do the job efficently. as stated above, the Volcano is being remade into a digital device due to the new Vapezilla. now the only reason there doing that is to keep up with times, making things more user friendly. u don't waster ur MJ either. if nething u use less becuz it takes less vapor to get u high then smoke. im pretty sure he covered most of it, but when ur vaporizing ur baking the THC so to speak right out of ur smoke. when ur smoking ur burning it, giving u a less dense concentration of THC.

u want to get uber baked. get a vaporizer, and some good hash or just straight Trichromes(Pollen/Keif) and pack that up in ur wand for ur vaporbrothers.

kiss ur mind good bye.

hope this clears up ur little misconception. theres alot more info on vaporizers around the net. www.gotvape.com is the company to check out if ur looking to buy one though.

Fire it up

KT

Hey guys thank you for your responses. I have decided that getting a vape is in my best interest if i am going to continue to smoke cannabis. I can still indulge in the occasional bong/pipe sesh. As for the whole wasting of weed i've figured you can take what ever is left over, even if the THC is very marginal and put it to cooking use and whip me up some good ol' baked goods. hehe

take care all and if anyone has anymore helpful insight on the discussion of vaporizers please feel free to drop a line here.

Smoof

I have a volcano and its the absolute best thing if your health conscious. Conserves weed, no tar, no toxins to breathe in (almost..they say 95%), can vape and house not smell like weed (good if in-laws/guests are around the house), can re-vape weed at higher temp settings, and you get blitzed. I love smoking bong hits, but I have retired the bong. Heres a video to watch. I stopped smoking all together except for an occassional toober when I'm a good boy....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4n7g31RlE

It involves cigs, but marijuana still applies.....

knowledge is a wounderful thing , just learned a lot , never even herd of this befor.... god im old ....lol :hitchair:

theres alot more to it then whats just here on this thread too. look it up, u'll be amazed and what u can find as far as health issues go. for some ppl with chronic illnesses that can't smoke, vaporizing is the only way to get the medicinal usage they need. but on that note, if ur looking for a healther way of living, i'd try looking into at least a cheap one.($100)

Yup, there's still many blanks that can be filled in on pretty much EVERY subject that comes up on this forum, but for the main part we get the drift to the askers! Just ask if you're curious about anything else and i'm sure the information can be dispensed! :)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

What about this one for $120? It's one of the cheapest I've found. Is it worth it?

http://www.gotvape.com/store/karma.vaporizer.php

I bought a $20 portable one from hugegrins. It's a little silver bullet looking thing. It works ok, I get high and all, but the high is really short and it taste nasty. You light it with a ligher and I feel like I'm inhaling all the burning ligher fluid. I want something that uses ceramic or other heat sources.

I am also wondering which model to get, although I have learned a lot along the way. I hear the volcano vaporizer is the best. Its way to expensive though, which *****. Don't bother with a cheap one or you are wasting your money.
Anyhow, found a good site to see: http://www.vaporizerguy.com

I made my own a couple years ago.. wish I had pics of it. I made a little stand out of wood and rigged a soldering iron upside down and had a little bowl that fit over the tip. Glued down a lid from a mayo jar and used the jar as the chamber. Couple tubes coming out of the bottom. Worked great and cost 20 bucks or whatever the soldering iron cost.
If I were to buy one though I'd look into the BC vaporizer. Cheap and heard nothing but good things.

Latest posts

Back