Bought myself an Aerogarden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SueT

Reaction score
Hey guys, love this site, lots of info to help me get started on my new hobby, I just hope the Aerogarden will not be a dissapointment, I come from NY and the cost of weed is getting far to costly. Any suggestions to help me grow will be greatly appreciated.

:welcome: To MP Sue, I sure you'll find everything you need to get started and grow some nice Buds here at MP! I'm a soil guy so I won't be much help but there's lots of people who will so goodluck and enjoy the site!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

Well, I'm a shovel swingin dirt farmer myself. At least for the time.
I suggest some AutoFlowering strain.
But then again I'm high.

Maybe you're high....

..oh yeah...

:watchplant: :farm: :watchplant: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!!! :watchplant: :farm: :bong: :watchplant:

Gb

Welcome to MP.... I don't want to sound like a jerk but the aerogarden is not a good choice to grow MJ...you cld probably get away with Short Stuff auto strain in it as they do not grow tall at all....but the trade off is the yield from them is also small....

:ciao: :welcome: :48:
Why aerogarden is it cos of space?
How much room could you dedicate to a grow?

Look forward to talking
ATB :peace:

Newbud said:
:ciao: :welcome: :48:
Why aerogarden is it cos of space?
How much room could you dedicate to a grow?

Look forward to talking
ATB :peace:[/quote
I am doing this as an experiment, doing some research on UTube I saw some people are growing nice plants for their own personal use with the Aerogarden, if it does not work maybe I'll try growing tomatoes, and other herbs if that fails then I'll write to the Aerogarden company and tell them what a rip off there product is, it's a gamble I know that. I do have a few plants just sprouting outdoors in pots.

Give it a shot then...Look into getting some short stuff beans..my short stuff is 7 inches tall and does not look like it will get any bigger....

SueT- this is coming from a good & green place, but agree w HL. Not saying it isn't possible, and certainly not making presumptions about you, but the aero-anything is touchy to dial in... even highly problematic. I just don't like the idea of anything that can cause the grower to experience Total Crop Failure, which is more likely with this method. Not saying you can't do it, but touchy.

If you have a problem & want to convert the system to something w a medium, can help. Peace!

Hello greetings and welcome. we all look forward to seeing how your garden does.

Hello and welcome SueT!!!

I have a aerogarden and it has turned out to be a dissapointment for me and I am sorry to say I agree with OregonBob.

I grew my first grow in an aerogarden and I got buds...however it wasnt the yeild I wanted at all. My buds were small and airy.

You have to grow small strains in it and only a few as the growing space runs out very QUICKLY!!!

Lately I have even had trouble germinating seeds in it...(I was going to try autos)

Now I have graduated to 2 rooms one for veg and one for flower and I do it all in soil.

I recently bought a lettuce kit I am going to grow in it for my spoiled guine pig, Buttercup.

Just my 2 cents.

To tell the truth... thought she was referring to the aeroflo... so apples to oranges, but as G4I suggests, still valid. Peace!!! ;-)

High Sue,

If the Aerogarden is a disappointment with cannabis, at least you will get your "feet wet" with hydroponics. I bought a different kit - A Stealth Hydro Bubbleponics system. I'm growning 3 super lemon haze and the growth is phenominal compared to soil. Still, you can pretty much purchase everything in the kit from walmart, hardware store and a pet shop for probably 1/2 price. If you spend some time, you can learn to grow hydroponic crops with 2 litre soda bottles, old fish aquariums, $10 plastic plastic tote containers, bubblers, T-5 flourescent lamps, etc. But you're already into this for about $200 so you might as well make a go of it. Just keep researching this site, googling hydroponics, visit a hydroponics store, etc. Best wishes for your success and welcome to MP.

Latest posts

Back