mutant, flowering early

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawgbird

Reaction score
I have a mutant plant (only had single leaves) I'm a new grower and have only outside plants. I haven't nuted it anything, just want to know if this one is done. Being a mutant I'm just not sure how to proceed. I have grown aquaponics, but never outside. It had Spider mites but I found a totally natural remedy that seams to have worked. I looked at it with the jewlers loop and I don't see any signs of hermi, and the mites are gone but the pistols are almost all Brown. That's a tell tale its done, isn't it? I'm trying to post a pic, not having much luck lol

View attachment 20150421_152024.jpg

Last edited:
It is not a mutant, it is revegging. The days are over 12 hours long and getting longer. This is a signal to the plant to stop growing bud and to start growing vegetation again.

The color of the pistils have nothing at all to do with ripeness. Pistils can turn brown for a number of reasons not related to readiness. Conversely, some strains have pistils that stay quite white throughout the entire grow. The only real way to tell if a plant is done is by looking at the trichomes with a microscope that is 30x or better. IMO, the plant does not look done.

When a plant reveges it does wonky things like the single leaf, or the curling leafs... It will slowly come out of it and look weird for a while.. It will be twice the size it is now... Enjoy.

That plant hasn't been pollinated has it?

Thanks guys, outdoor grows are reeally hard, too many uncontrolled variables. I'm excited to see where this one goes. I say it's a mutant because it's only ever had single leaves, well after the second set of threes, and it has no branches. Only thing coming off the main stalk is bud sites. Everything I read leans to a mutant plant. And no pollination. Light cycle is a lil wonky cause its outside, but other than that nothing crazy has happened. Thank you again.

LOL--no it is not a mutant plant--it just revegged. This is not unusually or anything mutant about it. Wonky light does make this happen.

could this strain have "Auto flower" genes?

what strain is this?

Latest posts

Back