soil drys out quickly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickyickie

Reaction score
well i havent posted any lame ? in a while so her it is.. I think my soil drains way to quick. when i water my plants the water drains really fast and the next day they are dry as a bone. I got them in a small pot now. my ? is what can i add to the soil so it retains some water. im ussing this soil called garilla growth and some perlite.i got a bail of pete moss but that stuff dont even soak up any water so i dint add any to my soil. they look good as far as the grow.but are they getting enough water. am i just worrying for nothing im using foxfarm ferts

Could we get a picture of the soil? And anything more about the soil that you can tell us--what does the bag say? Does it have nutrients in it? Etc, etc. A google search yielded me nothing. Soil that is too barky can allow water to flow right through. Using good soil that is right for cannabis helps insure healthy plants.

thanks sorry for the typo its jungle grow soil and it has nutrients .20-0.10-0.08 and it does have some bark in it. when i trans plant then i will be adding some compost i have. i have check the ph of the soil and its about 6.5 to 7. i will check it again when i make my finale bach of soil with the compost

Peat moss absorbs water quite well, but you have to get it wet first. Same deal with peat based bagged mixes and just about all are peat based.

Put the peat moss (after breaking up the clumps), or the mix, in a bucket that will hold water Slowly add hot tap water till full and let it sit. A few drops of dish soap also helps. After an hour or 3 the water will be absorbed and the peat moss or mix will work like it should.

HTH

DD

Latest posts

Back