Green2Black's first Tent grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green2Black

Reaction score
Hello everyone! And welcome to my grow journal.

I thought it would be nice to see what kind of input I can get from people, to see what recommendations or ideas people have. I had a small thread on my "Introduce yourself" thread. I got a lot of information there from THG and Rosebud :vap_bong__emoticon: Thank you.

I am fairly new to growing. I have been involved with 4 crops, just helping with set up the rooms and watering. Wasn't the main guy. I had an opportunity to use a small tent at my house, so I am trying to see if I can get some medicine from it.

Most of my equipment that I list will be used, as I received it from a friend who passed away and left me with some items in his storage unit.

To start, the Tent is 2' x 2' x 5' - don't quote me on the height. It is from GrowLab. It is inside of a shed that is maybe 7 x 7 or so. The shed has intake vents to bring air in and out.

Attached to the tent I have a cfm fan that is pulling air out of the tent into a shed. I have a carbon scrubber then pulling air from the shed to the outside.

I am using T5HO units for lights, as that is what I was left with in the storage unit. I have 3 T5 units. The first is a 8 bulb 4' tall unit. Then I have a 4 bulb and an 8 bulb 2' units. I also have a hps hood with no glass and a ballast and 2 1000 watt bulbs. I was not able to fit this into the tent, so I'm using the T5's.

I purchased 6 clones from a CL prop 215 delivery. They told me that 3 were Superman OG and 3 were Girl Scout Cookies. 5 of them are in 2 gallon pots, and 1 is in a 2 liter. I fit them all into the tent.

My medium is coco coir with perlite and some worm castings and fish meal mixed in, like a hempy bucket. 2 drainage holes to help with draining.

I am using a AN coco coir Sensei grow a and b and then their B52 nutrient. I have AN CalMag as well, because I have read that you can get a deficiency in these when using Coco. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was using advanced nutrients piranha liquid microbial, advanced nutrients tarantula and advanced nutrients voodoo juice at first to build roots but I did it too long and the plants were starving. That is when I purchased the other AN nutrients.

Okay, so it has been a long read. Time to finally start talking about the grow.

The plants were purchased January 29th in little red cups. I transplanted them into the current 2 gallon bucket and 2 liter bottle on Feb 1.

They started out with little watering, non ppm'ed or ph'ed water. Just water from my 5 gallon that I fill up at my local place. The plants weren't doing so well in the beginning, they were hungry and under watered. Thanks to the other post I was able to get help identifying and then purchased the A and B system.

Since the feedings with the correct nutrients, the plants have grown and gotten better. You will see below with all the pictures of how it progressed.

View attachment GSC 1.jpg

View attachment GSC 2.jpg

View attachment GSC 3.jpg

View attachment Superman OG 1.jpg

View attachment Superman OG 2.jpg

View attachment Superman OG 3.jpg

Nice strains.

Going to need a bigger tent. Tight squeeze with a 2x2. Also big enough for the hps.

Get your t-5's to an inch or so above your plants. Looks like you got some stretch going on.

So for the last few feedings, my ppm has been as so:

The water alone from the 5 gallon comes out at a ppm of 7. After I add the A and B solution, I am getting a ppm on average of 636 or so. After I add the B52, the average is about 760.

I am still vegging the plants 24 hours a day, but will be purchasing some flowering T5 bulbs soon so I can flip them to 12/12.

Here are some pics from this morning.

View attachment 20160308_091237.jpg

View attachment 20160308_091412.jpg

View attachment 20160307_145346.jpg

Hmm so maybe get rid of that small side light and just lower the main one down eh?

With the HPS, how will I keep it cold in that space? How will I vent out the air from the hood?

Thank you for the input.

If you're going to flower with the t5's leave that side light where it is, it'll help the lower buds build because t5's do not penetrate the canopy very much. You still want to set the top fixture within an inch or two.

I also use Advanced Nutrients. I use the voodoo juice for 4 weeks both in veg and flower...it's good stuff....I would add it to the rest of your nutrient mix.

They're looking happy! Green mojo!!!!

Your plants are way way too far away from the light. This is why they are stretching like they are. You need those lights to be an inch or 2 away from the canopy. I would also recommend removing the side light and either raising the plants or lowering the light.

Thank you THG - Thats what I was thinking but I wanted to ask. I will remove the small side light and then lower the 8 bulb 2' one.

Are you going to flower them with the T5's?

Yeah I was planning on it. I have 6 bulbs that are 2' long that were in the unit that I got. 3 are the spectralux t5 ho 24w 3000k and the other 3 are agromax f24t5ho bloom spectrum. The spectralux ones glow yellow and the agromax glow white. I tested the bulbs today.

I want to use the t5 for flowering because of heat issues.

6 plants in a 2x2 tent is to many. I might put 2 in an area that size. 6 plants would fit nicely in a 4x4 tent.

T-5's will give you light fluffy buds. To get rock hard, put your eye out buds get a 4x4 and throw your thousand watter in there.

Yeah, I need to find a 4x4 and make more room in the shed. I was thinking of moving 2 or 3 plants outside so that I could have more room for the other plants.

Thank you for the information guys

I think that the side light will help during flower if you set the height to illuminate the lower growth.

Yeah. I'm trying to figure a way I can get all 3 t5 fixtures in the tent. But yes, 6 is too many. Next grow will be 2 plants.

first pic looks like something got spilled on the leaf, the 2nd pic is PERFECT do NOT worry about that tiny little burnt tip, thats actually a good thing its the plants way of saying you are perfect on the nute strength, if it gets larger then back off nutes a bit and if the tips dont burn a tiny bit you can bump up the nutes a little till you get that tiny burnt tip, but it looks like you could back off a tiny bit on nute strength, you want just the tippy tip of the leaf to be burnt nothing more.

Thank you skunk. I will probably lower my ppms then. What pH should I be looking at ? I plan to flip her to 12/12 next week around the 18th. Will switch to the Sensei bloom.

Yeah I am not too sure as to what I could have spilled on the leaf, maybe the water with nutes or something.

sorry bud i cant help you there, i dont use synthetic nutes, i grow with only organics. i find it sooo much easier to let the microbes and fungi in the soil do the pH balance on their own. hopefully someone with experience with synthetic nutes will pop in and help.

Latest posts

Back