1st outdoor with Auto CBD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
I'm trying to grow an auto CBD. It's 1:2 thc:cbd Amnesia CBD auto from Dinafem, I guess in Spain. Anyway I popped then the other day and then we took a short trip out of town with the motor home and the cat... The cat decapitatedeted one of then so I propped it up hoping it would mend itself but it's dead so I'll pop another tomorrow.
Anyway, I'm growing this outdoors in my flower bed in a legal state and I don't get much traffic in my back yard so I'm not worried. I'm using 3 or 4 gallon cloth pots and Roots Organic soil+extra perlite. I'll start Earth Juice nutes about the time it looks like flowering is gonna start or maybe a little sooner depending on the look of things. I've completed a couple of indoor grows and can't bring myself to start another while the sun is blazing away outside.
Anyway here is a night time shot of my start. Of course on the left is the cat damaged and now dead... You can see how I tried to prop it up but I'll replace it tomorrow...

View attachment IMG_1084.JPG

I read somewhere or actually several places on this ethernet that autoflower plants don't like to be transplanted so I cut the bottom out of a solo cup and planted my seeds inside that cup but buried in the larger pot. I just Watered inside the solo cup until the plant had emerged and put on a couple of leaves. Then I took a long pair of scissors and cut the solo down opposite sides and then just pulled them out leaving everything in tact and in place. I'm hoping that causes less shock than trying to transplant.

So I put another seed out a few days ago and it has emerged and looking small but healthy.
Growing in the summer sun just feels like the right way to do it and I have a nice secluded corner of my back yard the gets good light most all day so why not...
I'll post more pics when there's something to look at.

An update after a week or so. We're growing, the smaller plant is a replacement for the one knocked over by the cat so it's a week or so behind but both seem to like the backyard and I like not having to pay for growing electricity... these are auto CBD's and I look forward to trying them!

View attachment IMG_7817.jpg

Those babies are cute. I like your pots too. Enjoy this grow. You may already know this so forgive me if you do, the thing about small plants in big pots is you really need to water the whole pot so the roots get wet. I am about to put clones in 5 gallons too, so I need to practice what i preach. I usually start of in solo cups.. but not this time. Mojo for you cbd autos,

Those babies are cute. I like your pots too. Enjoy this grow. You may already know this so forgive me if you do, the thing about small plants in big pots is you really need to water the whole pot so the roots get wet. I am about to put clones in 5 gallons too, so I need to practice what i preach. I usually start of in solo cups.. but not this time. Mojo for you cbd autos,

Thanks Rose! I had read that autoflower plants don't like being transplanted so much, so what I did is cut the bottom out of a solo cup and then bury it in the bigger pot. I popped my seeds inside the solo cup in a starter plug and just Watered in the solo cup. After the plants emerged for a couple days, I use a long pair of scissors and cut down each side of the solo cup and pulled each half out without disturbing the little plants. I did start watering the whole pot a day or so before doing that. I used a smaller size in my last indoor batch and after harvest, I noticed that the root ball only extended a little over halfway down. Would that likely be caused by over watering and not letting the plant search for water when drying out? Those indoor plants also had a smaller yield. I'm pretty new to this stuff and have just about enough knowledge to be dangerous, at least to my plants so I do appreciate constructive input.
I've been using the finger method to gauge the water needs but I'm still learning.

You know more than you think. Yes, the roots do need to search for water. Indoors can never replicate the outdoors as far as yield, in my experience. The finger method works great.

ps, the weight of the pot will tell you later if they need water, you will know what a dry pot weighs vs a watered pot.. you will get there.

We're makin way here. I think this is about the end of week 3 for these auto CBD ladies. Gonna give'm their first light feeding at next water. Well for the larger one anyway, the smaller is a week younger...(thanks kitty)

View attachment IMG_1128.jpg

Wanted to see what Red Eyes up to !-- I ain't much on autos but they have thier place --to each his own !-- I'm a cloner and I can't keep an auto clone line but They look happy ! -- Maybe one day my state be legal too !-- Keep it up Cuz !-- Rose she knows about some dirt farming if U have any problems !--

This is only my third grow and I'm still tryin to find what works for me. I wanted to use the sun for my light source while it's still summer and I got started too late for a photo period plant outside so an auto seems like something that will work for me. Yes, I pay attention to Rose, she seems to know what she's doin.
I am looking forward to the day I'll be able to walk into my local pot store though I don't think there will be one in my town as I think the local government has opted out of that but there should be a store not too far down the road. It should be interesting...

Damn spider mites!!!! Not on my pot but on a hydrangea in a nearby flower bed. Sprayed everything down with Spinosad. I'll be gone the next 5 days or so so I'll prolly have to hit' again when I return.

A week has past since my last update here. The plants have grown and even look like they are starting to preflower on the larger one. I started another thread to discuss the damage you can see. Take a look at this thread and offer help if you have any ideas.
Thanks a bunch!!!

View attachment IMG_1188.JPG

looks fine to me just stay on top those bugs

:48:

I think spinoside only kills thrip, you will need to use something else. Spider mites get used to the poison after like two applications and you need to change it up. I am sure there are a lot of good reading here on killing those blankety blank bugs. Mighty wash is an organic spider mite killer. Are you organic?

Actually I only saw them on a nearby plant but sprayed everything in the area for good measure. I'm thinking the brown on the lower leaves may be nute burn and I may have splashed a bit. The new growth looks great though.

Here is a picture of the stuff happening on my plant. This is on the lower leaves and I don't think it is a bug result. More likely burn caused by slashing nutrients. It's only on the lower leaves and I don't see any eggs on the leaves. Here is a closeup of the leaf damage.

View attachment IMG_1243.JPG

are you sure ya looked good for mites?...I think I see a bunch of Poo drops...( tiny black dots) ?

Latest posts

Back