Deficient or bug bitten?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2RedEyes

Reaction score
I discovered a spider mite infested shrub about 30 ft from my pot plants. I sprayed it with Spinosad as well as everything else in the garden including my pot. Now I'm home after a week away and while the plants have grown lots they have this damage to the leaves. Does this look familiar to any of you guys and gals? I guess I'll spray them again. Just before I left, I fed them a light solution of earth juice nutes, veg, catalyst and cal-mag and I had set up an auto watering halfway thru the week.
Bug damage or deficiency, looks like bug to me but what do I know....Also if it helps, they are an autoflower CBD. "Amnesia Auto CBD" from Dinafem.
Any help is much appreciated!

View attachment IMG_1185.jpg

View attachment IMG_1186.jpg

View attachment IMG_1187.jpg

Looks like ya splashed something on it?. looks like it is lower leaves? can you take a shot of the whole plant?

Hi 2 red eyes. Nice looking girls you have there. It doesn't look like a deficiency to me as the new growth in that girl looks nice and green. I can definitely spot some spider mite damage ( white spots on leaves)))). Those last 2 pictures look like there was a bit of nutrient solution splashed on a couple leaves. Did you spray the plant for mites during the day when it was sunny weather by any chance? Keep a close eye over the next couple weeks. How often are you watering before the pots are nice and dry.

Another quick question, are the bottom of those 2 fabric pots raised up a little from the plastic container they are sitting in. Does it have a hole for the excess runoff to leak out?

Hey 400w, yes. Did spray them at about mid morning. It was sunny but not hot. I don't believe I have splashed the leaves with nutrient mix but can't be sure. I water about every three days but I do a finger test down about two or three inches to check for moisture. They are usually pretty dry when I water. You might be on to something though because there is quite a bit of new growth that look really good and it's just the older lower leaves that have this damage. I think I'll spray again today and then be careful while feeding and watch carefully going forward. Thanks for your help.....

Good morning 2redeyes. Do you have a good loupe eye piece you can see what bugs you have? I would look on the underside of the leaves for bugs. This is the one i use and love.

//www.amazon.com/Microscope-Magnifier-Magnifying-Illumination-Detecting/dp/B00BB92IK4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1501347103&sr=8-9&keywords=eye+loupe+60x

Hi Rose, I just have a lens attachment for my phone/camera so I just ordered that one. $5.99 shipping included, can't beat it. Thanks... in the meantime, I'll try to have a look at the bottoms of these leaves. The other plant, a hydrangea, was covered with webs and the pot plants don't seem to have any at all. I cleaned the webbing off and sprayed everything. I gave them another shot this morning and will continue watching...thanks!

Latest posts

Back