Hamster Lewis presents a Non Political Grow Journal Fall 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
After a nice long break, it is time to Fire up the Tents again. I actually have enough Dank stashed away to go another 5 or 6 months but I actually miss growing....a bit. :)

No politics just a Grow Show. I will be using this to keep track as well as a GJ app on my tablet.

Will be starting with 9 plants all from seed. 3 will be beans I got from the last run of Boysenberry. The wife and I's favorite smoke. I had no males last run so these are either selfed or a cross of other plants that threw a little pollen as well as produced bud. I don't shy away from using S1 beans. I will keep an eye out for Hermies though, as I always do. The other 6 beans will be from 2 different crosses I was lucky enough to be gifted by a friend. 3 East Coast Sour Diesel x Tres Dawg and 3 are Las Vegas Purple Kush x Tres Dawg.

All were soaked in tap water for 24 hours and all produced small tails. The Boysenberry had the best and biggest tails followed by ECSD and then LVPK.
I will not be reffering to the Tres Dawg portion for easier typing from here on out.

All have been put in Solo cups of Miracle Grow Seed Starter Mix with added Perlite and Sweet Lime. That is the mix I have been using for many years now.

I will try very hard this grow to keep plants labeled. I am using popsicle sticks marked with permament marker.

I will edit this post with the first pics in a bit.

They are currently under a single small CFL in a small cabinet. They will stay there until they break soil then they will be moved to a 2x4x5 Veg Tent under a 4 bulb HO T5 setup.

Flowering will be done in a 4x4x6.5 Tent under 2 different LED units. No HID lighting will be used at anytime during this grow.

The Beans.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And my Maine Coon Pugsley enjoying a nap last night. Just because he is cute.

attachment.php

View attachment 20170904_145714.jpg

View attachment 20170904_145718.jpg

View attachment 20170904_145721.jpg

View attachment 20170903_213904.jpg

Hammy, I have been missing you greatly! Can't wait to watch what you do like only you can do. Thanks for being here and posting. I laughed very hard at the title of your journal. Mojo man.

Hammy, I have been missing you greatly! Can't wait to watch what you do like only you can do. Thanks for being here and posting. I laughed very hard at the title of your journal. Mojo man.

Thanks, Rose. I have been very busy with Political things that can't be discussed here. It can be more draining than work. I need a break from it and it just feels like it's time to grow some Dankness. Cleaning out the tents and getting stuff ready was very cathartic. I always feel a bit nervous about getting the rust off. Trying to go with the KISS philosophy.
Keep It Simple Stupid will be this grow's motto. I also will try and be really aggressive with keeping the plants manageable. So topping and pruning will be happening a lot. I don't want to wind up with 4-foot monsters.

I hope all is well with you.

Okay, some of the basics.

Solo cups for germnation.

1/2 Gallon Plastic Pots for Veg.

1 gallon Smart Pots for Flower.

We will not be using a pot bigger than 1 gallon.

Nutrients will be GH 3 Part.

Im in. Cant wait.

No politics just a Grow Show.

I don't know about that Hammy. There are more blue cups than red cups. I would say that's a subconscious push favoring Republicans. Looks a little like the states map from the last election. LMAO... j/k

You and I grow a similar MO. I start in solo cups like you only I use 2 bulbs of a 6 bulb T5. 4 weeks later, they go to a 3 quart pot for 4 or 5 more weeks of veg and into a 3x5 tent with an 8 bulb T5. Then, to a 2 gallon pot for flowering and into the 4x4 flower room with a 1000 watt HPS.

You're right on using a 1 gallon pot. My roots never fill the 2 gallon pot. Not a lot of root growth during flowering. Mainly it is a water control thing. I could grow the same plants all the way through flower in the 3 quart pots but I would have to water them every day. Maybe twice a day. All the extra soil makes an absorbent buffer and allows watering every 2 or 3 days.

The only difference in our grows is the number of plants. I have tried 1 plant, 2 plants and up to over 40 plants in the same space and light. I have settled on 16 being the most productive and easy to care for. That's why I settled on these 2gallon pots. They are almost exactly 1' across and they fit 4x4 in my 4' x 4' flower room.

Green mojo bud.

I don't know about that Hammy. There are more blue cups than red cups. I would say that's a subconscious push favoring Republicans. Looks a little like the states map from the last election. LMAO... j/k

You and I grow a similar MO. I start in solo cups like you only I use 2 bulbs of a 6 bulb T5. 4 weeks later, they go to a 3 quart pot for 4 or 5 more weeks of veg and into a 3x5 tent with an 8 bulb T5. Then, to a 2 gallon pot for flowering and into the 4x4 flower room with a 1000 watt HPS.

You're right on using a 1 gallon pot. My roots never fill the 2 gallon pot. Not a lot of root growth during flowering. Mainly it is a water control thing. I could grow the same plants all the way through flower in the 3 quart pots but I would have to water them every day. Maybe twice a day. All the extra soil makes an absorbent buffer and allows watering every 2 or 3 days.

The only difference in our grows is the number of plants. I have tried 1 plant, 2 plants and up to over 40 plants in the same space and light. I have settled on 16 being the most productive and easy to care for. That's why I settled on these 2gallon pots. They are almost exactly 1' across and they fit 4x4 in my 4' x 4' flower room.

Green mojo bud.

LOL. Damn cups gave me away.
I am with you on the bigger pots less watering. Quite a few times I made the mistake of pushing the bounds and flowered in as small as a 20 ounce cup. Watering 4 times a day was nuts. I just find 1 gallon pots hit my spot. I don't mind watering everyday.

HL you already made it political by posting a cat picture. I'm a dog person. You are infringing upon my right to leisurely drool on your bud pictures. I will constantly be filled with anxiety in preparation of another cat picture:rofl:

Added pic to be political correct, at least in my mind.:) Be watching.

Thanks pc. I love dogs too. Just so happens my 2 cats are my babies.

Thanks for popping in and pulling up a seat.

Pulling up a seat too.

Sounds like a great way to unwind.

Still nothing showing from the 2nd wave of beans planted. So I have now added 4 more beans to the mix. Thanks to a friend I have a couple Deep Chunk crosses as well as Deep Chunk itself. I soaked 2 each of Instant Cookies X Deep Chunk and Peyote Purple X Deep Chunk. They went into Solo cups of moist soil today. All the seedlings are doing well except one of the runt Boysenberry. Slight ph problem it seems. I decided this run to feed my seedlings early with a Seedling feed. I guess the ph was off a bit and one of them reacted to it. It has been corrected. Pics later tonight.

Latest posts

Back