Raising and lowing PH for new soil grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widairyfarms

Reaction score
So I am going to be starting a new grow and was wondering what the best stuff to mix with my soil to raise and or lower my PH its pretty neutral right now and I know there is some slight room for improvement. For lowering it what would be simple and beneficial and commonly found? Same for raising it but I don't think I'll have this problem. Thanks for any help.
WDF

You really don't want to raise or lower the pH of your soil. You want to raise or lower the pH of the liquids you use to water and feed. I ph everything to 6.5 that goes into my soil. I use General Hydroponics up and down. It comes in a powder and I like to make a concentrated mix of it with plain water in a one liter bottle and use it to make my water and feed 6.5.

What HL said, but i will add that adding dolomite lime to your soil is a good start to controlling PH.

What HL said, but i will add that adding dolomite lime to your soil is a good start to controlling PH.

^^^^THAT^^^^

Not only a good start, but ALL you need to do to maintain proper soil pH.

Only one application is needed, just add 1 cup of dolomite lime to every cf (7.5 gallons), of soil mix and that's it. ~$4.50/40lb bag at HD or Lowes.

Wet

Latest posts

Back