Genetic Limit To Yield Size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannibud

PermaStoned
Reaction score
OK, I am fairly new to this so please excuse the newbie question. I grew my first plant from a seed found in some really good purps. The plant grew very bushy and very vigorously during the veg cycle. Being that this was my first run, I decided to let the plant get as big as possible for maximum yield (rookie mistake). The plant ended up almost 5.5 feet tall with 6 main cola tops but only yielded 1 oz of dried bud. There were LOTS of bud sites but the buds were very small (except the main coli). My theory is that the plant is genetically limited as to how much it can yield and all that vegetating was not necessary. She is revegging now and I plan to clone and try screen of green with clones. My quesion is, can I reasonably expect better bud formation on these multiple plants using this method? (short veg, supercropping, and then a screen as opposed to one large plant)
Any help is appreciated.......

/me shakes magic 8 ball.....
All answers point to yes.

Well there you go :p

Seriously though most likely you will get more bud but answer a few questions and lets see if we can't raise your yield? What light are you using what nutes and what medium.

There is a reason you only got 1 oz from your plant... That 5 feet plant may have only wanted to be 3 feet tall but from improper lighting it stretches to get light...

How do you know that? You have 0 evidence to back that claim.

Plant is in a 5 gallon DWC system with bubble disc. Plant was vegged for 4 months under a 400w MH in a 2 ft by 4 ft closet. Flowered under 400w HPS lamp in same closet. Using botanicare organic liquid nutrients. Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back