A noob posting on a noob page

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MennoTheWise

Purplehorn
Reaction score
I thought the title was a good introduction. Kind of sums it all up ;)

I can't remember a time smoking weed that I haven't enjoyed. I may have regretted doing it the next day or done a few silly things. However the fact is, every time I've blazed up, I've had a good time. So I thought that was enough of a reason to research it a little more and and discover the many things about marijuana that make it such a beloved plant.

This community seems like a well informed and interested bunch so I decided to come here to offer my insight into the pot culture. And guess what?! I'm attempting my first grow this summer! This is an experience that I am really looking forward to for better or worse. I've already been sweeping the forums for info and reading books about it all. I never thought I would spend as long as I have reading about soil. Even one of the books I have is called "Soil"!! I will be conducting an outdoor grow so it seems this extensive knowledge shall aid me down the line.

I may need some help along the way so the odd newbie post might rear its ugly head from time to time. But I guess that's the point of all this! A bunch of people sharing their experiences of marijuana to help influence people in whatever way that may be. Sounds fun... Peace out.

Hey great to hear that you're starting your own little grow. I'm sure you'll have a blast experiencing the joy of tending to your plant and finally reaping what you sow. When you harvest, you will truly appreciate the time and effort you put into growing.

Do you have an outdoor spot already scouted? Are you going to be digging a hole and filling it in with good potting soil? Keep us updated!

Yeah I've the site sussed out. Gonna grow in my backyard! The soil isn't bad but already mixed in some nice homemade compost to help the nutrient levels and fertility.

I've always liked the idea of doing a proper organic grow. I don't think I've ever smoked organic marijuana so I'm really looking forward to getting that chance! I want to do it as natural as possible with as few fertilizers as possible and rely on good soil. I was gonna try stick to 2 fertz if I could. One for veg and then another solution for flowering.

I saw some of your pics of previous grows. "Grow 1" looked very nice indeed. Have you attempted an outdoor grow similar to myself?

Welcome to the forum Menno :)

If your planning on growing outside the I presume you are already germinating your seeds or have small plants in pots.

The solstice is only 9 days away, once it has passed the plants start to trigger into flowering mode.

What do I think of The Iron?

Up The Posh for me ;)

:peace:

I'm not really a Scunthorpe United fan. I just thought it was a pretty funny logo :p

I've already begun germination. Just waiting until they sprout a bit more so I can move em outside. I know its a little late but the strain I've picked seems to have a fast flowering time."Purple Pineberry" from Secret Valley Seeds.
Not too much grow info about it online so I'm interested to see how it goes.

Has anyone heard of it?

'Purple Pineberry' from Reeferman Seeds

Lineage: Not Listed
Family: Unknown or mixed family
Origin: North America
Region: Not Listed
Genotype: Mixed, primarily Indica
Indoor Maturation: 50 to 55 days
Outdoor Maturation: Sep 15 to Sep 30
Sex Possibilities: Standard (M/F)
Stature: Not Listed
Yield: Not Listed
Odor Level: Not Listed
Odor Description: Not Listed
Taste Level: Not Listed
Taste Description: Not Listed

Breeder's Description - 'Purple Pineberry'
A classic BC Outdoor strain which has been dominating the commercial market for the past few years. Also known as ‘The Purple Pound Plant’, this one yields big and finishes fast outside. Great mold resistance. Works well indoors too. Aroma is herby and hashy with hints of raspberry. Buds range from lime green to lavender to purple, are easy to clip and have great bag appeal. Very low odor strain. Prefers to grow outdoors but works indoors too.

Sativa/Indica: 20/80.

That's the one! I've heard some good things and it suits what I'm looking for this time.

I'm guessing you're from England according to your user. Have you tried to grow outdoors to any success over there?

I remember the first time I got drunk on beer I was giggly

I remember the first time I got high on pot the grass and all the earth lit up and was living microcosims.

the grass .. the yard grass the trees came alive with light of essence of being. I realized each individual blade of grass was glistening with life.

It left me trembling from the knowledge.
In my girlfriends arms.
And her soft kisses.

MennoTheWise said:

I saw some of your pics of previous grows. "Grow 1" looked very nice indeed. Have you attempted an outdoor grow similar to myself?
Not quite like you're doing. I've done a few geuirlla outdoor grows, and a single plant in the backyard once. Can't wait to see some pics or an update on what's happening :).

MennoTheWise said:

I'm guessing you're from England according to your user. Have you tried to grow outdoors to any success over there?

Yes I'm from where my name says.

I grow outside and in a greenhouse, have been doing it for many years.

You will have no problem growing that plant, it is very Indica dominant, its the sativa's we have trouble growing, they take too long and start to go mouldy.

Ah yeah. Originally I was looking into a sativa plant, (heard good things about Arjans Haze) but then I realized I don't live in a fortress and my walls are only about 7 feet high!

Growing just seemed like a such a logical thing to do to me. It gives me something fun and interesting to do and saves me a lot of money! The prices I pay for grass over here is stupid. It doesnt happen to be particularly good bud and is a total rip off which I'm sure sure is loaded with chemz and fertz.

Do you only grow your own now or do you still buy?

Once you have grown your own and realise the quality of home grown Vs street bought.

You will kick yourself that you didnt start growing years ago ;)

I am totally self sufficient :)

Thanks for the welcome Hamster!

Hippy I like your thinking. You're an idealist like me. I'm actually planning on not smoking until my own buds are ready to make it extra nice :)

I'll probably never smoke again in that case...

If anyone has a chance check out my post on the "Growing Marijuana Outdoors Forum" and see what you think. I could use the advice!

Start simple start small and be PATIENT. Practice on bag seed if you are beginning.

I havne't bought bud in so many years. Do they still sell it with seeds in it?

:)

seriously, I don't know.

My first pound was mexican dirt weed $175. As in seal of approval is expiring fast .. drying out. So it had to be smoke fast or sold fast but I wanted to store it for long time before anyone new a lot.

Best advice at time for weed is to .. bury it and let the some kind of fungus magically grow on it and dig it up

voila .. magic bud

nah..

2nd was c02 freezing

now that was an experiment made to happen

yes i split with my friend who helped me buy the pound he got 1/3

with extra shake

I toke rest and divided it in halve

1/2 pound of mexican I kept and smoked.

I stopped smoking cigerettes during this time.

1/2 I put in trunk of a 1964 mercury with card board box plastic and block of dry ice and close the lid for 2 days.

Is that close to scientific evidence of is there a difference?

Wheres my bean counter?

Latest posts

Back