!st cola grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO :) I'm happy with the results even though I only have 4 nice colas out of 13 plants, because I like all plants, even the mutant one is turning into something very nice. But What I would do different if I wanted more perfect results, is find out what strains are good for growing single colas. Then after I seen how they grew I would clone the best ones as far as shape and potency desired. This might take a little time to get it down just right. In this particular grow there are a few that I really like as far as shape and if they were the right potency and high I definately would grow colas with them again. And I would be able to grow for sure 16 plants at hopefully an ounce apiece or more in a 5 x 5 room. I like the idea that more growth goes into the cola, which sometimes is the best part of the plant? Theres nothing That I dislike about it except for seeing some of the plant missing by pruning but if the fan leaves were left on I guess it would look like a more complete plant. The benefit is to grow more weed in a confined space, I don't know the answer which method of growing produces the most bud, But I'm assuming cola growing is one of the best ones. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input Jungle. Perhaps a SOG grow for you next time?

yw I don't know about the sog, I'd have to study it some. I've seen some pics and stuff but I didn't pay attention to details.

I'll post some more pics before they are harvested. These things could still grow a bit.

reflecting on what I would change is I'd have a profesional grow room set up with timers fans ect ect...but probly not till it's legal and I had a place of my own. Meanwhile it's primative growing here. This has been my main sight for learning and only sight for showing:).

Heres 5 white widow plants growing alongside my colas. They were put into flowering at to young of age to do much trimming so they are more of a complete bush. The tallest is 3 foot the second tallest is 2 1/2 feet. Two plants are 2 foot tall and then theirs the mutant, which by the way is missing a central cola and has four main colas growing up competing with each other to be the main cola. I'm keeping them at same height. It's 8 inches tall but is packing some buds. I'd say these plants have at least another month before harvest. Merry Christmas.

HPIM2660.JPG

HPIM2666.JPG

HPIM2668.JPG

HPIM2669.JPG

HPIM2675.JPG

HPIM2677.JPG

HPIM2682.JPG

HPIM2686.JPG

HPIM2690.JPG

HPIM2696.JPG

Wow those look tasty! Another month and your not gonna see any green. God jod!

Thanks you guys....First white widows also...happy Holidays

It's been 2 years since I've grown so I'm a bit rusty. I'm in the planning stages of another future cola grow. I'm waiting for my seeds I ordered, they should be here sometime next week if all goes well. There are 15 different varieties I can choose from. So I'm wondering which ones would be good for single cola grows. I have on order white Russian, Blue Dream, Terperella, trinity kush, Silver surfer haze, White widow, Hash plant, PPP, Missing, super Skunk, Veneno (poison). columbian Gold, alcapulco gold, Power kush, they're all fem. seeds. and 2 reg seeds of Jack herer. some of these seeds were the freebies. The question i have inside my head is this. Will all these strains be ok for growing only for their single top cola. Does anyone know if any of these strains wont work for a cola grow? Until I hear or learn different I'll plan for them to be grown for there colas.
Also before I do the seed grow I have about 12 clones from an unknown strain, that I need to grow first, hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks I can put them into flower. Right now they're just finishing there rooting and looking alive. So I don't know if they will end up being colas or just a normal plant. I'd kind of like them to be colas. At least they will be started kinda small so they won't take over the whole grow area. Well I'm kinda excited and wanted to share my plans. Anyone know if any of these strains would not work out well for a cola grow?

cola grows I would think any strain would work..Just trim away all the lower crap leave the top???...I would also stay with one strain as they all grow diffrently and some stretch more than others.....where ya been for the last 5 yrs?

ok......it's going to be hard tho....I like the different strains and want to find out all about them, So far I can only narrow it down to 7 that i have as hopefull favorites. After I get an idea how they are after smoking them I can maybe decide which ones to keep.
One strain will be better because grow would be easier to maintain. It's kind of a hobby grow and a variety interest me for now, and I think the cola grow will help keep things in control some.
I've only been gone from this sight about 2 years, this is a 5 year old thread I came across when I was looking for information about growing for the colas. ok thanks I remember you helped me alot before thanks glad to see your still here.

Im here untill it shuts down...Best of my mojo for you

:48:

I'm still waiting for Ozzie to send me the email I need. I re-registered at the culture a few days ago like he said to do and he would get the email to me. He said some one was impersonating me. I don't know how everything works on your guys side of things as mods, but it's kind of strange the confusion (someones acting like me) just to get hooked up over there but I'm trying....I'll catch up with you guys eventually...

Sorry I just found out the is a problem on the server nd a couple site are not sending emails right. Let me try something here

Latest posts

Back