How much can I expect out of 1 plant=1000w?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

col.forbin

Reaction score
im ready to get out of the opressive midwest and move to sunny Colorado when Amendment 64 passes tommorow I know there are restrictions for personal growing(3 in vegg,3 in 12/12)

I plan on getting involved in the medical community,but am going to hit the ground running and am wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this? I know there are many factors that go into this:

At first, I plan on using a soil or soiless mix(maybe a 50/50) ina 30 gallon pot during flowering,each plant under a 1000w light,possibly using both organic and synthetic nutes(not both on one plant)...ive never even used 1000w hps's,only 600w and actually grow 9 plants under 1 600w(i know,it sounds like a lot),so i dont know what to expect....also any info or advice on growing a small number of Humongous plants would be greathelp. Thanks to all!

Col.Forbin

LOL, hard to answer this, so much goes into the grow.

If I understand, you're gonna grow 1 plant per light in a 30gal pot...WOW, that should do the trick! You say humongous, I can just about bet lol!! Will watch.

Yual grows enough to fill pouch or two ifin nothin goes wrong. Good luck pilgrem ;)

BWD

There are simply too many variables to even hazard a guess, strain and veg time being 2 of the biggies.

if this is going to be a business, and how you earn your living. you might want to look into sea of green style.

1000w is over kill for one plant & waste of money !

Rucko said:

Coals to this fire mighty cold but hey ifin yual lookin to restoke it who am I to ruin yur camp relocation ;) Welcome to MP pilgrim what yual growin?

BWD

Rucko said:

Why would you say that ????? let see 1000 watt costs me approx 40.00 bucks a month to run veg 5 weeks - 6 weeks from clone got me a pretty big plant with a crap load of tops with proper training and filling up that 1000 watt area so anyways lets go 6 weeks veg it cost me 60 bucks wow not much really huh
now flower another 8 weeks under that 1k 80.00

so 140 bucks on average one plant gives me 15 - 18 dry oz again with training Scrog style so 140 total cost plus food how much would you pay for a pound of good weed ??? less then lets say we add 100 bucks for food so 240 bucks ??? for 15 - 18 0z
you mention overkill maybe its his limit or he just doesn;t want to take a chance on running high numbers and Going to Jail ????
and as for waste of money 140 total power usage to make 15 - 18 0z isn;t over kill

DrFever said:
so 140 bucks on average one plant gives me 15 - 18 dry oz again with training Scrog style so 140 total cost plus food how much would you pay for a pound of good weed ??? less then lets say we add 100 bucks for food so 240 bucks ??? for 15 - 18 0z
you mention overkill maybe its his limit or he just doesn;t want to take a chance on running high numbers and Going to Jail ????
and as for waste of money 140 total power usage to make 15 - 18 0z isn;t over kill

I thought you got 2-3 lb's per light.

NorCalHal said:

Well if you read the post the op mentioned how much he can possibly get out of one plant pending on strain 1 plant 1 k i know i would make a pound at least or more if i vegged longer and trained it to fill 4 x 4 area ??? i run 4 plants under 1000 watts giving me 2.5 pounds dry:hubba: here 6 plants 3.5 + bags are heavy half pounders :)

t4pa.jpg

knpw.jpg

NorCalHal said:
I figure if you're going to grow , grow a few plants in case something goes wrong with one plant , you still have more . If you grow only one plant & something goes wrong , that's it , because when things go bad it's usually towards the end of the grow cycle. That's why it would be a waste .Plus it produces much more heat so you would need very good ventilation or an air conditioner. Temperature should be no more than 78 degrees with the light on, more than that is asking for trouble ! If you want more than a pound per plant you would have to grow outdoors . If you want to grow good herb get a book , there are plenty out there to help you ! :icon_smile:
Also check out hightimes free weed pod cast !

I found a picture of a 150 watt grow lol looks to me a easy 1 pound harvest 2 plant grow

3822cra_1308.jpg

Don't expect anywhere near these kind of numbers col.forbin. Not even close.

Latest posts

Back