My plant went into shock and when it came out...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
I transplanted all my plants one day and 4 of them went into shock but all came out of it within an hour to 3 or so. This one took it a lot harder (think I ripped some of its roots during transplant) and when it picked its leaves up I thought all was well and then 3 or so days later the plant started looking like this... (see attached photo).

Whats doing that? It looks like half the leaf died and half lived.... Should I cut those leaves down or is it too small for that right now?

Once the yellow started to appear I touched the parts of the leaves that looked dead and they were very brittle and flaked off like they were dead just still attached to the plant.

SP_A0065.jpg

Whats up mang. Well if ya ripped some of the roots during transplant that could be your problem. Have you given them anything beside plain water yet?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up mang. Well if ya ripped some of the roots during transplant that could be your problem. Have you given them anything beside plain water yet?

Nope except what was in the soil from birth. I have given my babies 0 nutes so far and don't want to burn them up. I am using miracle grow moister control soil right now with 3 month plant food in it.

It might be the MG soil. I'm experimenting with it right now and my baby is burned on the leaf tips.

bombbudpuffa said:
It might be the MG soil. I'm experimenting with it right now and my baby is burned on the leaf tips.

I don't think its the soil because my other 5 plants are fine and they are in the exact same soil. It happened after I transplanted and it went into shock. Maybe it went into shock and was in a weak state that the nutes in the soil were too much for it maybe?

Think I should hack those leaves off or leave the yellow leaves?

All plants are different...sort of like people. Some like less nutes than others and vice versa. I wouldn't take the leaves off. Here's the Mandala seeds faq-http://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/faq.htmlI've found this info invaluable. It's helped me find a few probs i've had. Good luck!

bombbudpuffa said:
All plants are different...sort of like people. Some like less nutes than others and vice versa. I wouldn't take the leaves off. Here's the Mandala seeds faq-http://www.mandalaseeds.com/html/faq.htmlI've found this info invaluable. It's helped me find a few probs i've had. Good luck!

well I mean I took some sicssors and trimmed off the dead yellow parts and the plant is still fine so after all this I figure if it was going to shrivle up and die it would have done it already. I figure it was just my bad luck, oh well. Once the plant gets big enough to support some trimming I'm going to shave the ugly leaves off.

Latest posts

Back