Hermie or not hermie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would pull it. Looks hermie to me...Others will be by to give their opinion. Sorry, at least you caught it early.

Got my vote too. Into the pit of fire.

Yep. Boys need to be pulled. I do it to myself regularly. [emoji15]

Is it okay if i put it in a different room and still try to grow it? Will the potency be lower? Or is it not even worth growing anymore?

if you keep it he/she will likely drop pollen and you will run the risk of seeding everything you have goin... If that were in my grow it would be disposed of very quickly...

Don't keep it, it can ruin this grow and future grows if you don't get rid of all the pollen. I say put that bad boy in plastic bag so he can't pollinate the world.

Definitely looks to be a hermie. If it was popping nanners late in flowering you might want to keep it, but with it popping nanners this early, I would recommend pulling it and throwing it into the compost pile. Was this bagseed, per chance?

the bud would not be worth keeping even if you totally isolated it and ffinished it. It will seed itself as fast as it produces flowers. Instead of buds you would end up with seed piles of worthless herm seeds. compost pile it, and get some good seeds. :)

If I got the seed I started with from a decent strain (cuz I smoked it). The main cola had twelve seeds in it so I have to think it was herme. If it happens since it will be the only one I can let it go to flower to get some yield right?/! The cola the seeds came from was no schwag, it wasn't sweetness either. I need to start somewhere though. Growth is coming along nicely but I have some weeks till sexing. I just want to get something out of the four I have left. Any advice for a rook(bear in mind overall harvest is not the point((I just want to get better at growing)). I just need the knowledge.

You can flower them out but you will have to watch them closely. They could also be predisposed to showing as hermaphrodites.

Given your last statements I would say grow it out, but bear in mind that it could end up anywhere from a few seeds in that bud to being so badly seeded that it isn't worth anything. You will get good experience but that is expensive lessons in horticulture. But if it does work out ok and you still get seeds, I wouldn't continue to grow those out as the herm trait will get more and more pronounced.

why dont you just chop the one that hermed and flower the rest? you will not suffer yield decrease, you would need to veg only a little longer to fill up the empty space left behind the chopped plant

I'm with Zem...anything with seeds does not stay in my closet. It is not like the hermy plant will only pollinate its self--everything in your closet is at risk. This is the reason that I do not use bagseed--just hate hate hate those hermies.

Latest posts

Back