V711 First Grow...The CHURCH & Northern Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viracocha711

Reaction score
First, I want to thank everyone here at MP especially the the mods for providing such a peaceful place to learn the "art" of Cannabis cultivation free from arrogant knuckle-heads.:cool2:

...And I have to give a very special thanks to Stoney Bud for being the wealth of info he is.;)

OK...a few years ago I had a spinal cord injury that shattered my life knocking me out of a career in law (Criminal LOL!) and landing me on permanent disability(Social Security) at 35yrs old.:mad: So, I have bad neuropathic pain due to my spinal injury, as well as, severe spasticity(shaking) in my legs...Cannabis helps me deal with the pain but it really really works to reduce the shaking! And "they" say Cannabis has no medicinal qualities?:hitchair: IDIOTS!

Anyway, back in March of this year I began reading and trying to learn the basics of cultivation...I knew Cannabis was plant and that I had smoked it before and that was it.:eek: I told myself that I would not try to grow before I had a very good understanding of what I wanted to do and how I wanted to do it. Well, I can't lug around bags of soil so I decided hydroponics was the way. So, for the past 4 months I have been reading books on Cannabis cultivation & hydroponics and asking tons of questions...Most of my questions were directed to Stoney Bud, "Lord Hydro":D...Who always had an answer and/or references that really helped. Plus, over the past few months converted my walk in closet into a nice 8'x8'x8.5' growroom with a sink so that I do not have to worry about trying get water into the room.

My growroom is split down the middle with two 4'x8" sheets of removable foam board, one side being the veg and the other is for flowering. Both sides are light tight with the foam board wall in place. However, I can take the foam board down for more room to work if needed.(Wheelchair Accessible;)) The room has AC/Heat with two 6" supply vents, one on each side. For exhaust I have a 6" Vortex Inline Fan (449 cfm) with a oversized can carbon air filter(Carbonaire Filter) with 40# of carbon pellets...I hope it works come flower time.:confused: The air is pulled through the filter into the fan and out through 6" flex ducting...The air is then routed through an air-cooled hood to cool the 600 watt HPS bulb and then finally exhausted into the attic and out a vent on top of the roof.

For vegging and cloning I have 3 125w 6400K CFL's and the big 600w HPS for flowering...All my hydro set-ups are based off Stoney Bud's 4 unit ebb & flow hydroponic system http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6674

OK, I actually staeted to germinate 4 seeds in 1.5 rockwool cubes(pre-soaked pH adjusted) on the 9th of June...2 feminized "The CHURCH" (Greenhouse Seed Company), and 2 feminized "Northern Lights" (Female Seeds). All 4 seeds germinated and were doing fine until I dropped one of the NL seedlings:eek: and it landed upside down crushing the little girl! I was sick at my stomach! However, the good news is she is still alive and looks healthy, but the bad news is she 3 inches tall with 4 nodes.:shocked: So, I have two healthy CHURCH plants and a very healthy NL that are a month old, and a pigmy NL!

I am gonna try to post some pics...I will be getting a new digital camera soon these pics were taken with a friends camera...SSHHH, the friend has no idea I am growing, I used my mem card and returned the camera.

Stoney Bud, I will have some pics of the 4 unit system I built but you can see my mother plants in a modified two unit system in these pics...I will buy a new camera next month and then post some pics of it.

420-1.JPG

420-2.JPG

420-3.JPG

420-4.JPG

420-5.JPG

420-6.JPG

420-7.JPG

420-8.JPG

envy of many grow rooms...

sweet.....

plants look great...

Thanks...I will have some better pics as soon as I get a new digital camera. The camera I have had for 3 years no longer works and I have no idea why?

I forgot to mention the two plants sitting side by side are going to be my host plants. I plan on taking clones from them next month once they are mature, 8-10 weeks old...The other plant is my practice lst plant...I have been tying her down to get a feel how plants react to LST...I topped it 3 days ago trying the FIM technique. So far so good I have managed to keep the plant under 6 inches tall and it has basically covered the entire surface of the tub it is in.

Again, I will have much better pics within a few weeks so that you guys can see exactly what I am doing and help me correct any errors.

I have been topping off the res each day with ph adjusted tap water. My question is should I be adding nutes to the gallon of water I add each day...My girls are drinking a gallon of water a day!

Stoney, do you add nutes everytime you top off your res?

I have a few other pics that show my mother plants and the setup they are in, I can add once I resize them and have the time to do it...Maybe later today?

I did a res change 2 days ago and it appears the fresh nutes have burned the girls just abit...I have a 12gal res using General Hydroponic 3 part series, veg mix at half strength...I can't believe how strong the nutes are!

I have topped the res of twice in the past two days with 1 gallon of ph adjusted tap water, no nutes each time...I think the plants are comfy now.

I am learning you have to ease the nutes up at very small amounts!

PICS COMING!

OK...Here are some pics of the growroom and my LST training girl. OH yeah, the 30 day old NL pigmy! I dropped her when she was a few days old :eek: and she recovered but is really small.

420-22.JPG

420-21.JPG

420-20.JPG

420-17.JPG

420-15.JPG

420-14.JPG

420-13.JPG

420-12.JPG

420-11.JPG

420-9.JPG

Wow, you got it going on!!! I'll definately be keeping up with your grow V. :)

Thank you Smoking Mom...I have been working really hard to get this grow started and get the room set up. I am limited physically so it has taken me much longer to get things going...I just bought a few pieces here and there and over time I had what I needed to set everything up and begin growing.

My plan is to take clones from those two mother plants next month and then put those clones in flower once they have rooted and reached 12-18 inches...I will be putting my LST training girly into flower by herself next month to see just how she reacts to what I do to her. My training girly! LOL!

no doubt man.. thats a helluva setup!! very nice.. and the greenies are lookin as well as can be too... good luck!

Thank you very much! It has been a lot work but it is therapeutic for me and I knew the reward of growing my girls would be worth it!

WOw your set up is tricked out.. im sure she'll yield you something nice.. keep up the good work bro..

Thanks man...This is my first grow so we will see if all my reading and asking questions pays off...I am sure if things turn bad I can fall back on you guys and gals here to help me out!

I love this forum!!!!

Beautiful setup, great pictures. Very nice journal. Best of luck. Can't give you any mojo, only TBG can do that. Here's a little luck of the Irish though.

View attachment 29202

WHOA!!! I'm very very very impressed! Love your grow room!

Thanks runbyhemp...I really appreciate the Luck of the Irish! I am rubbing my computer screen! LOL!

Thanks Bomb! And thank-you for the rep, I really appreciate the nod!

BTW-Congratulations on the MVP award! I guess I need to start reading other sections of the site besides how to grow and set up equipment. I remember reading or seeing something about the MVP contest but I did not know much about tit I saw your screen name was red with the big title under it!

WAY TO GO! I am sure you were the right man because I have definitely learned a thing or two from your post...This site is the BOMB!

Well hello there. I see you are requesting some GREEN MOJO. At the moment i can't give any out because it won't let me download the pic for some strange reason. As soon as i figure out whats going on GREEN MOJO will be coming your way. ;) By the way your ladies are looking great.

Latest posts

Back