Found a seed in my sack...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaraRose

Reaction score
A few years ago my ex and I had a few plants going in our closet, but he did most of it and I was never really interested. Today I was breaking up a bowl and found a seed...is it worth trying to grow? The bud I got was pretty dank, but how do I even know if this seed is going to grow?? Or if it's male or female? I think only male plants will bud, right?? How do I start, just put it in a wet paper towel until it sprouts? Or??

Any advice??

well females are what ya want
and you cant tell by the seed if
its goign to be either female or male
and u can germinate in a paper towel
or in the soil and if u pinch the seed and
it pops without puttin any force really
its a bad seed and it would be worth
growin weed then u dont have to waste
any of ur money:D

Yup, bird said it. Males are no good other than pollenating. You don't need to pollenate unless you want seeds or to cross a plant. So that's really not needed info for you. Females produce the buds, hermies will too but they will pollenate as well so i'd just kill those or take them farrrr away from my other plants. Once you get a male you'd wanna take it out of your grow area so it doesn't pollenate your females. Two things happen when a female gets pollenated. It gets LOADED with seeds, but that's nto even the bad thing. The bad thing is, the plant extremely decreases in THC because it has to produce the seeds. So that explains the male/female things. You should check out the signs of males and females.

Secondly, germinating i always use a papertowel. Some do use soil or starter plugs bud i'd rather know my plants coming up beforei put it in the soil rather than waiting. I just take a paper towel, put the seed in it, fold the paper towel in a mannor that the seed won't come out, then wet the paper towel but not too much, then stick it in a tupperware container or either a ziploc bag. After you do that you can put the ziploc/container in the top of your closet where no light goes and you can check it daily for sprouts and to make sure the paper towel is still moist.

Although, if you're going to plant, i'd wait till i got 2 or three seeds that way you'll have good chances of 1-2 females. And if you only have the supplies for 1 plant, just take your best female and grow her.

As far as indoor/outdoor growing, it's most likely too late for you to try outdoor growing due to the season change. So indoor would probably be your best bet right now. Then you're looking at costs too. Sufficient lighting, sufficient air circulation, and other nute/soil/pot expenses. The lights vary in cost, they can be half cheap to quite expensive, all depends on the wattage, lums and type of light. THe size of the light depends on how big or small of a grow space you had. to start 2-3 plants and end up growing the 1 best one, or even 2 plants, you wouldn't need a big grow space at all. Also the fan size depends on how many cubic feet your grow space would be. YOu want the air in the grow space to be circulated 2 times a minute. SO say you had 20 cubic feet and a fan that blew air 20 cubic feet per min, you'd wnat 2 of those so that it changes the air twice. There's quite a bit of things you'd need to know to start growing other than this, but just feel free to ask any questions. The only dumb question is the one you dont' ask. hope this helped you some and didn't just confuse you lol. take care.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

:holysheep: Damn that is a lot of work..I was hoping I could just grow it in the window LOL No such luck eh? :D

hehe, it just sounds complex, it's actually quite simple. Money wise, getting started off i couldn't quite say so. Outdoors is cheap thanks to the sun, but indoors you have to do a lot more. But i mean it's not that bad, Once you get the stuff to indoor grow, just start growing, before do something ask on here if it's a smart idea and youll get responses. That's just a safe way of doing it so you don't potentially decrease your end yeild.

And on the luck ahaha...not really it doesn't seem so huh? But i hope the best of luck to you if you decide to take on a marijuana growing journey :) It's really fun and there's nothing like growing plants :D

~Burn One~
Dewayne

nahh i owuldnt advise growing in a
window if i remember right the plant
will stretch towards the light so it would
just be better to put it outside..

Yeah, it'd stretch. But i wouldn't put it outside either, it's so late in the year...i mean it's flowering time in most areas in the states. So unles it was indoor like i said, i don't think it'd be worth it really.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

hahah yea well i meant in the future
dont put in window put outside haha
i forgot to say that sorry about that
dude..

hehe it's not a problem lol. NOt something worth saying sorry over though. don't worry about it bro i was just clarifying for ya ;) it's strait man.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

haha dude i say sorry even if its
not a big deal hahaaha i dont kno
what man its just i alwys do...

hehe, yeah i will too. It's habbit i guess.

~Burn one~
Dewayne

oh yea sense we just got done
talkin about stretchin and stuff
De yesterday some kid showed
me his plants haha they were so bad
looking they were like growing to the
side all crazy didnt even tie them up
or anything i shoulda recomended this
site to him but oh well haha:D

haha. Oh well i guess, he's prolly growing them in his house without sufficient lighting. They most likely wont live if they keep doing that. And if they do..yeild = zero, zip, nothing, nada ;) he shoulda looked into growing weed before he did or learned from someone like i did.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

haaha yea i kno but the werid
thing is there outside and they
are like really crazy looking when
i saw them im like WT?!? haha dang
im like thats crap sorry dude.

hehe, that sucks. hopefully he'll figure it out.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Latest posts

Back