Train Wreck---> (Soil PH Off The Charts)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
For the last week I haven't seen hardly any growth(None) . I thought I was over fert them, so I gave em water only, the last two times. I have been suspecting My water ph was way to high 7.3 + 7.5. Went and bought a PH Test Kit,
Soil ph meter, Soil Test Kit. Well .....I only thought I had a problem, when I tested water and soil It was bad news Ph in soil was "10" Ph LOCKUP???? Water was "7.3" I would say 10% of the leaves look like ...well crap {And getting worse}. I have read an excellent post by
HippyInEngland on Ph.
Here is the link http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28984 ---------Thanks HippyInEngland---------
Ok so tonight I had to water the girls, I used ph down "@ ph level "6" Now I know this ain't gonna fix the problem or will it?
So my question is do I Flush the crap out of them or usedolomite lime??
I would be great full If I could get some suggestions.
P.S. To compound the problem, these baby been gettin the high Ph since they were baby's. I use "Pro-mix" for soil.
As I hang my head low:confused2: :confused2:

Hello Tesla :)

If you go by this formulae its easy to backtrack to PH 10

A solution of pH = 8·2 will have an [H+] concentration of 10−8·2 mol/L, or about 6·31 × 10−9 mol/L. Thus, its hydrogen activity αH+ is around 6·31 × 10−9. A solution with an [H+] concentration of 4·5 × 10−4 mol/L will have a pH value of 3·35.

Ive also added a picture to let you see the average household chemical PH values.

:peace:

2 ph.JPG

HippyInEngland So In order to fix the problem with the ph@10 I should flush with 3x amount fresh water,plus use dolomite lime to get it back to normal?

invest in a good ph meter.the single most important tool a grower can own in my opinion.i grow in dwc and rarely check my ppm's,but the ph meter is a must.i do check the ppm's at different intervals.

Ok, I bought a New ph meter today and got those reading I also bought a soil ph kits, confirms I have a way high ph level in the soilless mix. I also bought a ph tester kit for my water. It also says I have a high ph count 7.3 to 7.5 I been using the water since I planted the girls. So its been building up for awhile I asking you, do I have to go to the extreme of flushing opposed to using the lime as a way to lower ph levels in the soil?

Lime doesn't lower ph levels or not enough. I would flush it with water at a ph of 6 like you were going to do. 3 times the amount of water.

What is the PH of the run off ?
(Run off is simply the water that comes out of the bottom of the container)
But to measure it accurately you need to stand your container on a plate and water the plant till some water comes out the botton, let the plant in its container stand on this plate for 24 hours.

You need this time for the chemical reactions in your container to take place, you will then have true run off.

This run off will tell you what your roots are living in and we can then work out the required alteration of your water and water plus feed mix.

HippyInEngland No I didn't do that I will do that tonight after I get home from work. But when I tested the soil at about 2 inches down in the soil the reading was 8 another 5 inches down the reading was 9 and it just got worse the lower the probe went. I will check the ph level of the run off tonight when I flush them
Thanks

tesla said:
HippyInEngland No I didn't do that I will do that tonight after I get home from work. But when I tested the soil at about 2 inches down in the soil the reading was 8 another 5 inches down the reading was 9 and it just got worse the lower the probe went. I will check the ph level of the run off tonight when I flush them
Thanks

That shows you how the chemical reactions are taking place :)

Once we know the final reading, we then know how to alter it ;)

HippyInEngland: NOW I understand been up to many hours. gonna head to bed and work on fixin my problem
Thanks everyone!!!!

Latest posts

Back